“An Elmira Institution!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I grew up in Elmira and eat at Lib's every time I'm in town, which is at least three times a year. We usually have several people in our group, and this past Friday night was no exception. There were 12 of us and our reservation was for 6:30. Our table was ready when we arrived. We had a fantastic dinner at an extremely reasonable price for a fine dining establishment. A comparable dinner in a big city would easily be over $60/person without alcohol or tip. Dinner at Lib's is less than half of that. A lot of people swear by the fillet medallions, but I prefer the Cajun prime rib. The shrimp scampi and chicken scampi are also big hits. Really, I've rarely had anyone have anything but the highest of compliments no matter what they order! The staff is courteous, helpful and flexible. We never feel rushed, even when we are taking our time chatting well after the meal is complete. We left the restaurant a little after 9 on Friday night. I would highly recommend Lib's for a big group or a more intimate setting. It's a great place to celebrate a special occasion, but also a great place to just have a nice dinner with friends and family.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have tried Shrimp Scampi and several other restaurants and must say there is none better than at Libs. The shrimp are huge and delicious! The Best!

1  Thank MickiJB224
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food is very good and they handle large parties with ease. Atmosphere leaves a bit to be desired.

1  Thank SunsetonSeneca
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My family and I were in Lib's last week and I was in with a large group of friends a few weeks ago. Lib's never disappoints. The service was wonderful, the food was spectacular and it is always fun to stop and eat. There were several parties going on both nights and the service for the rest of the tables wasn't ever interrupted or slower then normal. Kudos to the entire team at Lib's for always having wonderful food, great service and of course, having a beer with Jeff behind the bar is always a fun way to start out the night!

2  Thank BudGirl17
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went to Lib's for my birthday. I had visited here several years ago and steaks were good, so I returned for a birthday celebration. I got the NY sirloin steak and it turned out to be the only decent meal out of six. The veal steak and chicken gorgonzola with cherry peppers were smothered in sauce that soaked the dish with a marginally tasting sauce that made the meat coating soggy. The Joe's Seafood Diablo tasted good, but for $32 the serving was very small. The worst part of the dinner was the lack of service, twice we had to get up and get the waitress to ask for missed food and drinks, some never came. This place may have had been nice at once, but it's décor is stuck in the 1950's and not in a good way. It has autographed pictures for sale posted with prices all around the walls, some seemed to have been there for a long time.

4  Thank eastcoastdave