“The Cool Ambiance Here Tops the Food”
Review of Spicy Shallot

Spicy Shallot
Ranked #13 of 154 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Of the many “Thai” restaurants in Elmhurst that I’ve dined in, the Spicy Shallot has the most interesting interior. One wall is made up of wood paneling and the other two have greyish murals. There are clear glass pendant lights hanging down from the ceiling. This place has a relatively “dark and romantic” ambiance for Elmhurst, even though they have a television. (For some reason, just about every Thai restaurant in Elmhurst has a tv.) At least the television’s sound was off.

Although this is primarily a Thai restaurant, they have a section of the menu devoted to Japanese dishes.

My wife and I had lunch here last Saturday. I ordered the sauteed sweet and sour chicken ($9), which came with rice. My wife had some kind of seafood soup.

My “sweet and sour” dish was okay but not as tangy as I like. My wife was not too enthused about her lunch, but then she’s the picky type (that’s why she waited so long – until she met someone of my caliber - to marry).

I’m giving this place 4 stars as an average of 3.5 stars for the food and 4.5 for everything else.