“"Old School Family Style Restaurant"”
Review of Georgia Diner

Georgia Diner
Ranked #5 of 155 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant several times . I work at Macy's Fur Vault. It is two blocks away from this restaurant. There are several places I could choose from but the "Georgia Diner" is the best service, atmosphere ,better quality of food, and economical. After work I go there for dinner. Sometimes I go there on the weekends.They have a counter, a booth, and table settings.They serve plenty of food.They have a small parking lot. The Queens Center Shopping Mall is nearby.

2  Thank adeianna

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This diner has been around for a long time. The food is typical diner food-good and plenteous, with good variety. They have counter, booth and table seating and they also have a parking lot. A good ploace to go after shopping at the nearby mall.

1  Thank AlisonCorona_NY
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I know many people in the area of Queens think this dinner needs a "facelift" and perhaps they are correct but honestly, I don't go to this type of neighborhood place for the decor.

One of the best advantages of the Georgia, is that there is a parking area adjacent to the diner...albeit small, but usually one can find a spot. Parking in this part of Elmhurst is at a premium! The wait staff is usually very efficient and helpful if not "warm and fuzzy." I love the idea that you are served a nice bread basket with warm, feta cheese filled buns! Yum, I can taste them even now. Additionally, you are given a trio of salads that include pickled beets, coleslaw, and three bean along with a variety of pickles with your dinner order.

The menu is extensive ... reads like a book. They also offer "specials" that come with soup and a green salad. If you can actually get to the desserts, they are also delicious...whether you are a fan of "old-fashioned" rice pudding studded with raisins and cinnamon, or the NY style strawberry cheesecake, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank drlynnrose
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Went to Georgia diner March 11th 2012, met my brother and sister in law for brunch.
The outside of the place needs a facelift as does the inside. Very busy on a Sunday around 2:00PM. We didn't wait that long about 10 mins. There was 5 people in our Party.
We were seated in a booth that was suppose to be big enough for 5 people but was very tight. The waitress we had was ok not great. She gave us over menus that looked like a encylopeda.A big menu but nothing to brag about couldn't decide what I wanted so I chose egg omlete and my husband had French toast. They brought out meals pretty quickly. My husbands French toast looked like it was old. The Bacon was lousey. My omlete was ok but the homefries were bland and soggey as was the side order of toast.
My father in law and I ordered coffee it must have been sitting in the pot along time because it tasted burnt. Last but not least made a trip to the Ladies room before going back home and it was horrible, very small I don't think that they ever clean it there were papers thrown alll over the place and it smelled. Anyway will not make a trip to that diner again from the bronx. The atmosphere is also terrible very noisey.

2  Thank Bxgirlny70
Reviewed December 24, 2011

After driving up from VA for several hours during the Christmas holiday rush, my hubby and I wanted to grab a bite at one of the places I had such fond memories while I lived here. We ordered so much that day. I had a burger that was supposed to be well done. As I started to eat it I noticed it was still pink inside. As I was about to get up to let the manager know our server Ahmed came over and said he would bring me a new one. I had gotten so stuffed at this point that I told him to just wrap it up once it was done. He gave us the bill and we tipped him well and left. Once I got home I noticed it was the same bitten burger that I had before, not the new one he promised. I called to make a complaint to the manager on duty who told me that there was nothing he could do then he hung up the phone. When I called back to get the name of the owner to write him a letter no one seemed to know, not even the manager who then tells me to google it. This was by far the most ridiculous, unprofessional service I think I had ever had. The manager(Terry), which I believe is a fake name, said "this is NY and he had a lot of things to do". So needless to say, if you want expensive food minus great customer service, with a hint of undercooked food then this joint is the leader of the pack. Well done Terry or who ever you are. Great managerial skills indeed.