“Stick to the Basics.........”
Review of The Gin Mill

The Gin Mill
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I can only assume that the hamburger and French fries are good. Our family tried to avoid the most unhealthy choices, but we were not rewarded. Best way to describe my wires fish plate was beige. My ostrich burger from the lighter fare was served with a pound of carrot sticks. Seriously?

Go for a beer and some chicken wings, I guess. But don't take your family for some good food.

PS. We could have done with a smile from the waitress at some point through the meal. I guess I wouldn't be happy working there either.

2  Thank WheelieDrop

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good value, good atomosphere, great food. Simple american fares done right. Their curly fries are awesome and be sure to try the Ostrich burger for a healthy take on the classic burger.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Gin Mill is a well worn pub and an OK stop if you aren't looking for more than a good burger and minimal asthetics. They do have bands at times, but not a great set up for listening to them. Again, an OK place, but glad I was there with the boys (while on a ski trip) and not my wife.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great place to come for relaxing meal while checking out the town of Ellicottville. We liked the rustic charm, relaxed friendly staff and non-fussy, tasty fare. Loaded fries and zucchini sticks hit the spot for quick, tasty appetizers. Food at nearby tables looked great too!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Food was well priced. Atmosphere was authentic - local. the Real Housewives of Ellicottville even made an appearance! Fun, down to earth, hard working staff. We'll go back.