“Three strikes your out!”

Ellicottville Brewing Company
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I joined my family to eat dinner there last night. I commented before we went that the last two times I've been to the EBC I had bad meals. But since everyone was going I thought I'd try one last time. My husband and I ordered lobster bisque, $10, it was good. Not imitation crab, real chunks of lobster. Then we split a Kobe burger. $20, it was a regular burger but had goat cheese and something else. We said it better be good for a $20 burger. It was terrible. We got it cooked well - since it's ground beef and we really didn't want e-coli. It tasted like card board, super dry. The goat cheese was awful. Maybe that's half my problem but I've had it before and it didn't taste like that. They were nice enough to take it off our bill. We shared some fish fry with one of our family memebers, that was gross. Tasted frozen and warmed up in the microwave. Meals weren't good, again. Very disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Ellicottville Brewing Company

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Three things pull me into this joint:

•The beer: Best beer and ale selection in Western New York. These are out of the ordinary liquids, brewed right here.

•The food: Tasty and creative.

•Ambiance: A fun place to see and be seen. I often bump into folks I know from my hometown (more than an hour from here) and from even farther away.

These push me away, often into the arms of other Ellicottville restaurants:

•Inconvenience: They do not take American Express.

•Bipolar service: Some staff is great; others have attitude. One bartender pays attention only to thin blonde women. (I have none of these three qualities.)

•Poor value: I always get sticker shock. (“How did we end up spending so much here?”)

•Food choice: Not many healthy options.

This really happened:

There was a grumpy man at the other end of the bar. He asked, “What are your soups today.” The bartender said, “all we have is onion soup.” The man said, “I don’t believe this joint. I can’t even get a good cup of soup here.” He then mumbled under his breath, “and I’m the *owner*!”

2  Thank Cross-Culture-Maven
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Nice brew pub but nothing out of the ordinary. The type of food, service and atmosphere you would expect. The beers were good!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Ellicottville may be one of the best kept secrets in the world. While winter has the ski resorts the warm weather is a great time to visit on the way to Wine Country. This is a great place to spend a couple hours or take a break. The atmosphere is great. I assume this is a newer place as it is well kept. We went for the beer. The have a great selection with most being on the darker end of the scale. Ask for a free sample before you buy a whole glass. We found better options in town for eating. The shopping near by is great. Look up Watson's Chocolates and the Ellicottville Winery which are both with walking distance of the Brewery.

1  Thank dkccmoore
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I were in the mood for burgers and beer, I had heard great things about the EBC so we thought we would give it a try. The Blueberry Wheat beer us extremely good, my husband enjoyed the Pale Ale. I had the African Peanut soup for an appetizer, and I gotta say, I could eat that every single day for the rest of my life!! We both had the EBC Brew Burger with gruyere cheese which came with a side of very tasty seasoned fries, and the burgers were delicious and cooked to our liking! I would definetly go again, there was a bit of a wait but I think it was worth it....we sat in the beer garden by the fire with our beers as we waited and it was kind of relaxing. We will probably go back again very soon!!

1  Thank Freespirit678