“Good all-round restaurant.”

Silver Fox Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in Ellicottville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Good all-round restaurant.”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Very good food. Service was excellent. Great place for families with young kids (that also have parents who want good food). No kids menu, but they'll do special orders and smaller portions. Good atmosphere.

Alden, NY
“Great, if pricey food!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had dinner here on Saturday, October 20. We were in Ellicottville for the weekend, and decided to have a decent dinner on the second night.
I had a mediterranean chicken and pasta dish, on the menu. It was excellent! When it arrived, it seemed like a hearty soup, in a soup-style bowl. This dish amazed- it was one of the best I have ever had.
Some of the specials were gone, as was a steak Brian had ordered, so he ordered a steak that came a la carte. It was $50. Fifty dollars for just the steak! He bought mashed potatoes and soup, additionally. We each had a beer.
It was a pricey meal but good for a special occasion. I just can't understand $50 for just a steak, however good. It wasn't wagyu or kobe beef. Yikes- make sure to ask for prices!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank TrailOBite
Ellicottville, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ABSOLUTELY AWFUL”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

DO NOT GO HERE. AWFUL FOOD. INCREDIBLY RUDE MANAGER, OWNER, AND OWNER'S WIFE.

I went here for a nice meal with a few girlfriends. I ordered a chicken salad and the chicken was raw. I tried to return it but the manager refused and tried to make us pay for the raw chicken that I didn't take a single bite of.

Three of us ordered the french onion soup. But they were out of it. We also ordered calamari but they were out of that too--two things they failed to tell us until 40 minutes after we ordered it and were still waiting for our food. Then they proceeded to include the french onion soup and calamari on our bill. When we said we never received it, the manager flipped out, gave us another bill, and it those items were once again not removed from the bill.

My friend's crab cakes were so burned they were unedible: another dish (like the chicken) they refused to take back.

When we complained and asked to see the manager after these various errors, the manager offered us complimentary shots that we didn't want--ALL WE WANTED WAS PROPERLY COOKED FOOD AND KIND AND TIMELY SERVICE (NOT SHOTS!).

We then asked to see the owner to which the owner refused to come out so my friend had to walk back and see him in the kitchen.

THE MANAGER AND OWNERS WERE COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL and made us pay for everything despite their various errors and rude ways. As someone who works in the hospitality industry at a hotel, I was totally appaulled by their atrocious customer service. My friends and I have never been treated so poorly. The manager and the owner's wife were literally screaming at us when it was all their fault, and we merely just wanted to pay our bill and get out of there by that point (just like the food and service, they kept screwing up our bill as well).

THE SERVICE AND FOOD WAS SO BAD AND THE MANAGER AND OWNERS SO RUDE, I LITERALLY THOUGHT I WAS ON A PUNKED REALITY SHOW.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth A
Dayton, Ohio
“Great Steaks!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner. We both ordered steaks. It was the most wonderful steak I have ever eaten. It was so tender and flavorful! If you are in Ellicottville, New York, eating here is a must. It is a tad pricey $$$, our total for two of us, but it is well worth it for the food. I was impressed. They also have a patio outside where you can sit and eat. We didn't sit out there this night. When we left, a woman and man playing a guitar was the entertainment. She had an awesome voice! We stood outside and listened to them for awhile before we returned to our hotel. It was a wonderful night!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Linda M
Kingsville, Canada
“Excellent restaurant and entertainment”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food here is very good, a little pricier than other spots in town but the exceptional service and nice jazz entertainment made for a good value.
The wait staff was as good as any I have had in NYC or any other big city.

• Visited August 2012