“Good wine at a good price.................”

Winery of Ellicottville
Jarrestville, Maryland
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Good wine at a good price.................”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

While wondering the streets of Ellicottville we ran into the 'Winery of ELV'. We picked up two bottles for our trip further north and were not disappointed.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank bruce R

Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Something to do”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

My fiance and I booked a "Wine & Chocolate Tasting". Being an online voucher we purchased I guess I was expecting more of a group thing then just showing up and tasting some wines but I guess that was my fault for assuming. Nonetheless, when we arrived we were greeted and tried a variety of delicious wines -- the host was very knowledgable and friendly.
However, having the focus on "Wine & Chocolate" we were hoping for something a bit more than a chocolate dutch cookie out of the package, 1 chocolate square and 2 little chocolate covered pretzels. I wasn't looking to sit down and devour a pound of chocolate but thought that what was presented with a bit lacking. Still, the overall experience was nice and it was something different to do.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Diluglio0608
San Jose, California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Friendly and Inexpensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

OK, being a California wine connosieur I must warn wine officianados that Western New York wine is NOT like any other. It's it's own monster...and the monster is SWEET. That said, it's the varietal region and it's what there is...so thusly forewarned about that...know that this place is great. Inexpensive and patient wine tasting provided, as well as knowledge of the local vineyards. Fun folks (whom I believe we've convinced to try Napa -- you know, for the education of it all!).

West Seneca, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“tasty wine/terrible customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Over the weekend I went with a few friends to do a wine tasting. When we arrived we stood at the counter for quite a while before someone greeted us and started the tasting. The gentleman assisting us gave us the wine selection menu and did not offer much description about the wines. When I switched between red and white wine I was told I am wasting his time. He did not converse with us at all during the tasting. The wine was good and had a wide selection but the customer service ruined the experience for me.

3 Thank Kristin M
Buffalo, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great local winery, wonderful wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stopped when the winery was new and loved the people and atmosphere. Then we tried the wine...they had us! The tasting lists are wonderful as are the wines. We left with wines for ourselves and more for friends.
Great, friendly, helpful staff and wines for all tastes.