“A wonderful blend of outdoor fun, skill and excercise!”

Sky High Aerial Adventure Park
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I are 52 and had decided to give an experiential birthday gift to our 13 year old nephew. We are in reasonably fit condition, but have our limitations. We found that this fun park to be a great way to enjoy nature, play like a kid, test our physical skills, challenge our fears, get tons of adrenaline rushes and get a super fun work-out.
The staff was friendly,well informed and helpful in many ways; From tips on how to get through the various creatively designed obstacle courses, to sharing funny stories and giving encouragement and praise.
The park alternates between different climbing stages, unstable bridges and zip line rides, organized into 4 different levels of skill intensities. The safety harness system is well designed so that most people can effortlessly and confidently navigate themselves through the winding aerial pathways. Our nephews father is not comfortable with heights, yet after the first 2 obstacles he was making his way with a smile and eagerness to conquer the next aerial maneuver. It is a fun family activity on the green and yellow courses ,yet can appeal to people who need to do extreme outdoor activities on the blue and black levels.
At the end of your tree hopping adventure you get several zip-line rides in a row ,capped off by a long dramatic one back to the base. If you want, you can also include 1 or many rides on the gravity powered mountain coaster, which is a fun ride, but not what I would call a connoisseurs ride. There is even a photographer on staff who captures some shots of everyone so you don't have to do it.
On the whole this attraction was everything I hoped it would be and much more. ...And more room for challenge and improvement (on my side) for my next visit! I was fun to get a small sense of what Mr, Walenda feels when he walks the tight rope!.

3  Thank crawdaddy333

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Took my two daughters, one friend and my son in law. Had a terrific time. The staff was courteous and helpful - even at the end of the day when they were removing our safety harnesses, with all of us sweaty and more than likely a bit malodorous - "Don't worry, it's no problem!".

I had never been to one of these. We had made reservations, so I paid and we were immediately fitted with safety harnesses. Very nice equipment - and believe me, they work (I found out the hard way, enough said about that). We were then taken to a "mini - course", where one of the staff went over safety instructions and how to use the carabiners. Cleverly designed, the ones on the vests are designed so that one is ALWAYS locked, hence you are always attached to the safety line. After this quick intro, we went to the main platform in the woods. There are nine courses here: two yellow (easiest); three green (one is a true obstacle course, the other two are basically pure zip line courses); two blue; one black; and one double black. Most of the courses begin on this main platform and end nearby it as well (see exception for the two green zip line courses below).

We started on one of the yellow courses. They proved to be challenging (at least to this 61 year old), but fun and doable by almost anyone. (NOTE: If you have a true fear of heights, find something else to do). We then proceeded to the other yellow course, again challenging but doable. On to green; very challenging for me, and where I tested that safety vest - it does indeed work! I never tried a blue or black course and in all honesty,unless I could drop about 25 years in age, likely never will. My son in law did one blue course, managed to finish it, but said he wouldn't do it again without working out some more.

I was rather disappointed after my struggle on the green course and almost quit for the day - a ticket is good for three hours, which permitted me to finish five courses - but then another visitor said the other two green courses were almost all zip lines. Well, I had really enjoyed the smaller zip lines I had used on the obstacle courses, so I decided to try one of the remaining green courses. Glad I did! IF YOU ENJOY ZIPLINING AND AREN'T INTO THE OBSTACLE COURSES SO MUCH, THESE ARE FOR YOU! They run almost parallel and are virtually identical. The start area for these courses is just down the hill from the main platform. You run on some LONG zip lines, and it is a blast. The only obstacles are a ladder (more like a swinging bridge that goes uphill) at the beginning, and two rope ladders going down along the way. The rest is all zip lines.

I really enjoyed the two yellow courses and the two green zip line courses. I was frustrated at the trouble I had with one section of the other green course, but it was still enjoyable. All in all, it was a great day. Everyone had a good time, the staff was tremendous and I'd come here again without hesitation.

Final note: When you purchase your ticket, make sure you take the option for one mountain coaster ride. It costs an additional $4 (mountain coaster tickets normally are $8), but the ride is great fun, well worth it and makes a nice ending to a day of adventure.

1  Thank catcher24
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Well maintained, quality equipment, great staff. I have gone several times recently and know that I will go again and again. If you are looking for some physical, outdoors fun, this is it.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

In what will go down in history by my husband as "the best mother's day weekend ever" we set off on an adventure filled weekend of Sky High obstacles and White Water Rapid fun in Western NY.
I expected to have a fun, nice weekend with hubby and our two boys. But I will say this adventure weekend far exceeded our expectations. We had such a great time at Sky High Aerial Adventure Park. ( As well as Zoar Valley River Rafting). The staff was more than nice, helpful, knowledgable, and very safety conscious. There were courses for all abilities, we found ourselves pushing ourselves to higher and higher heights that way over my coordination talents. Many times it was said to the boys (7&9) slow down and wait for Mom. We had a BLAST. The kids are already asking when we can go back, and Hubby is quite proud of me! Actually, I am quite proud of myself! It is a great and challenging adventure! If I can do it... You can do it! So, go and have fun and adventure at Sky High!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

You will not be disappointed! This was a great activity. My husband and I enjoyed the challange but also saw many kids participating. You can go at your own speed and level. The staff are very informative and helpful!

1  Thank mdhughes6