“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I was not expecting much ( I was on a motorcycle road trip with a friend) but was completely blown away by the fast service and the quality of the food. The wings were more then perfect,and the wood oven fire cooked Pizza was amazing. They had $2.00 beers (full draft) and the service was friendly and down home. If you want 5 - star go to a five star. This is a secondary road access out of town fill station and is well worth the trip from town.. Anyone who doesn't have a great meal and a fantastic time here has there head where the sun don't shine. Check it out. I really don't think you will be disappointed but I've only been there once in the off season.

2  Thank EasyRider54

Reviewed July 7, 2010

We were very disappointed with our recent visit for a dinner. The service was so slow it took us 3 hours(!) to eat dinner (and my wife and I are very fast eaters). Only about 45 minutes of the three hours featured food on our table --- the rest of the time was us waiting impatiently and watching the one waitress running around serving the entire restaurant. At the time, we felt sorry for the waitress (daughter of the owner?), but have since read multiple reviews criticizing the service time of the Birdwalk, so it's obvious the owners are featuring slow service on purpose (save on wage costs?).

The food was average, and in no way compensated for the glacial pace of service. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank donbott
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Yes, it was New Year's Eve, but we had reservations and agreed to be seated at separate tables to accommodate our group. Our teens were seated in another room. Service was slow, very slow for us, but was non-existant for them. They were completely ignored, not even water, until I asked the hostess who their server was. Then she said oh I'll take care of them right away. Everyone around them who had come in after them were already eating! They were very nice on the phone but seemed harried that night. Might give them one more try on non-holiday night.

1  Thank Tades
Reviewed August 6, 2009

There are better restaurants in the Ellicotville area so I would not particularly recommend this although the food was passable.

2  Thank ellen418