“Enjoyable!”
Review of Sugar Pine Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ellicottville
Sugar Pine Lodge
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband & I had the pleasure of spending a night at this very friendly and cozy B & B. We typically don't stay at a lot of B & B's, but the reviews on this site made me want to stay and we were not disappointed! We enjoyed Chef Scott's breakfast and conversation. We stayed in room 3 which is their smallest room but we were not lacking for anything. We would love to return one day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I went for a night getaway for our anniversary. Our room was very cozy and beautiful. The room was very clean. The management team was very nice. I felt very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again. The breakfast that was prepared by chef Scott was incredible. They all made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I had a great visit to Ellicottville and the Sugar Pine! We stayed in suite 1 and it was immaculate and well appointed with wonderful antiques! We were met by one of the owners who made us feel truly at home at the Sugar Pine. Chef Scott's breakfast fare is not to be missed! We enjoyed breakfast and the conversation with the owner and Chef Scott so much we were late getting to the ski hill. Whenever we are back in Ellicotville you can bet we will be staying at the Sugar Pine Lodge!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlieF77
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights at the Sugar Pine Lodge while on a ski trip to HV. We stayed in suite 1 and it was beautiful! The room was comfy and cozy with a gas fireplace, clean and well kept. We met Art, one of the owners, and Chef Scott - they were both a delight. They took great care of us and the breakfast was delicious! The location was great - in between HV and cute stores and great restaurants in town. We had a wonderful trip and am looking forward to returning soon hopefully! Also, I hope to experience one of Scott's private dinners at the lodge - what a great idea!!

Room Tip: Suite 1 was beautiful! No complaints!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LMS27
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided on a last minute ski trip. We knew it would be tough to get a room, but tried our luck anyway. On Thursday afternoon, the Sugar Pine Lodge property manager informed us they had a cancellation for the weekend, but had a policy of renting for two nights. We asked if when we might be able to rent it for just Saturday, and they said to call back Friday afternoon, and if no one had booked for two nights, we could have it. They also took our name and phone number so they knew who we were when we called the next day.

We called Friday at 2 and were told the room had been booked...for Saturday only. We asked them to clarify and they said someone else had called to book for one night. We explained what we had been told about calling when we did to get the room, and were basically told Oh well.

I am sure this is a very nice place to stay but we will never know as we will certainly never stay here. Customer service starts on the phone, and to dismiss potential customers in this way is bad business and has left us with a very bad taste in our mouth. We have stayed at many B&Bs in ski towns so we find this type of service extremely surprising.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank D R
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We love skiing on the slopes of Holiday Valley because management continues to insure that it stays one of the best ski areas in the state. However, the real hidden treasure in Ellicottville is the Sugar Pine Lodge B&B. For the past four years we have truly enjoyed our three night stays. We have experienced three different but equally beautifully decorated and cozy rooms. Now.............let's talk food! Chef Scott Stevens is top-notch! His personality alone makes you want to return. The delightful variety of breakfast fare is exceptional, and surpasses any breakfasts we have experienced at other B&B. To make our stay even more memorable, we booked Chef Scott to prepare our Valentine's Day dinner. Our meal was high-end gourmet, delicious, and reasonably priced. Scott's culinary talents and enthusiasm are one of the same. Owners Art & Marilyn Chubb always go out of their way to make all of their guests feel right at home. We are already considering dates for next year. Conditions on the slopes can never be guaranteed, but great food and lodging at the Sugar Pine Lodge are a sure thing!

Paul & Valerie Nusbaum

Room Tip: We have stayed in three different rooms, and have enjoyed each one.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I recently visited the Sugar Pine- it was a Sunday night and no one else was around, so it was very quaint. The room itself was terrific- we rented Suite 4 based on other recommendations and were not disappointed. We never met the owners as they were out of town, but did get to know Chef Scott Stevens very well. He cooked us a private dinner for two our first night there and breakfast the next morning. The dinner? Outstanding! 4 courses delicious courses and a very reasonable price- Scott called me several times before the dinner just to make sure the menu was just right. Great conversationalist as well. We thought things could not get better and then we had breakfast- One of the most incredible I've ever had- We then hit the slopes to hopefully work off a few calories- do yourself a favor, book this trip now, and then call Chef Scott to set up dinner. Wow.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple