“easy to enjoy if you have food allergies (gf, df, vegan, non-gmo)”
Review of Aroma Thyme Bistro

Aroma Thyme Bistro
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Ellenville
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aroma Thyme is the Hudson's Valley 1st Certified Green(C) Restaurant. The Most Awarded Hudson Valley Restaurant serving New American Cuisine pleasing carnivores to vegans. Offer Farm to Table and Sustainable Cuisine. Take the guessing game out of where your food comes from. Chef Marcus Guiliano prides himself using local and family run businesses from wherever the product is from. Aroma Thyme features 250 craft beers, 300 wines and very well stocked bar. Open seven days. Hudson Valley "Best Of" Restaurant winner since 2003. 90 miles from NYC & 60 miles from Westchester County NY. We are Fido Friendly, well behaved dogs are welcome for outdoor seating. Please check our website for current menus and craft beer selections.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

the service is always awesome, and the food is clean and carefully prepared. they also customize your order as needed. 1/2 GF pizza with no cheese as i need dairy free, but my husband doesn't.
they use local, independent providers, even most of the alcohol behind the bar.
bread alone miche bread is served with white bean spread, a choice of ionized water, bottled, or tap. it's perfect for people who enjoy great taste as well as looking after the quality of what they eat.
fun to eat in the garden on a nice day, we enjoyed the father's day bbq out back, with organic burgers, chicken, and non-gmo corn on the cob! wish you were closer to kingston! tip:make a reservation if you're planning on a typically busy time.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have enjoyed many Happy Anniversaries with you after our delightful hike to Sam's Point and Lake Maratanza and/or with a terrific show at Shadowland. And this was another delicious experience. We appreciate your philosophy in sustainability, with local and independent sources. We have always found your staff well trained and joyful. We only wish we lived closer or you were closer to Woodstock! Your atmospherics are charming and so comfortable. Thanks again for making our anniversary memorable. PFW & AAW, Woodstock, NY

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stumbled in here since I found it on Foursquare when we were in the area. Old home so very casual, with one outdoor table. Inside was nice, large wood booths and full bar, bright since there are two small windows above it. We were shocked that the choices were varied, although pricey for the area (where the diners are $6 for a soup&sandwich). However, worth every penny, got 4 appetizers and each was incredible!! Seared tuna with a spicy sauce and seaweed salad, mussels with an incredible garlic/shoyu/herb broth, grilled calamari (the real way) and a portabella that was yummy. Didn't have much room, but you MUST try the chocolate torte if you are a chocaholic like me. Dense, rich dark chocolate (not too sweet though) with a scoop of homemade ice cream. Wish they had a place in our town!!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Aroma Thyme offers great tasting food, drinks and great service in a really nice atmosphere. Thursday night is jazz night, so you can sit back and listen to some wonderful music while enjoying your meal. Never had anything but a really great meal there.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were so excited to visit this bistro again because we had a wonderful first experience. We even drove an hour and ten minutes to take my visiting in-laws. We were terribly disappointed this time around. I can forgive bad food, but poor service is unforgiveable and when you get both it is sad. We returned because we LOVED everything this place stood for including the owners' commitment to sustainability and using locally sourced products. The owner was even so kind as to stop by and chat with his the first time we visited and the food was quite nice. The only reason we didn't return right away was the distance that it takes us to get there.
Well imagine our surprise when we went out of our way to go back, this time with guests and our experience was the exact opposite. The server was borderline rude, and generally not on top of service. This could be forgiven if the restaurant were slammed--it was not. If we had stopped at the appetizers, this would actually be a different review. I knew from the moment they placed by sizzling Szchechuan shrimp bowl on the table that they were overcooked and not just by a little. Our server could use some service training. She ignored my sister-in-law’s request to not refill her water glass because she had been drinking sparkling water and refilled the glass anyway with still water. My husband had not finished his meal when the server reached in and my husband could not chime in fast enough before she had her hand on the plate.
We passed on dessert, asked for our check and headed to the door. When we went outside the owner was on the patio with his computer completely disengaged from what is going on in his restaurant. I would not know until we were in the car that my brother-in-law chose not to leave a tip. I am in the hospitality industry and would never leave a server tipless, though it would have been less than my usual 20% so for that I apologize. I looked back to see that the server had joined the owner on the patio and they were all looking in our direction. I now know it was because the server probably recognized that she had not been tipped. Whether this part is true or not remains to be seen however, my brother-in-law said that he saw the server flip the finger (yes the bad one) in our direction. I sure hope that part was not true because that would mean that she actually did it in front of her boss which should not bode well in any situation.
At any rate, we were sad because of this experience especially after having driven over two hours there and back. I hope that this was just an off night and that they will continue to pass along great information about the importance of sustainable cooking. The menu has so much potential but the presentation and execution has lots of room for improvement. I also hope that their servers will get the training they need to be less offensive to their customers and to deliver timely and attentive service.

6  Thank Stephanie S