Honor's Haven Resort & Spa
  • Pool
$139
$127
$209
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgolf coursehonor's havengrounds are beautifulchurch groupdance weekendhiking trailsget awayfamily reunionsenior tripthe wait staffindoor and outdoor poolsthe past yearsyoga classeswaterfalljuanmountainsretreat
Reviewed February 28, 2009

My husband booked a getaway weekend for us at Honors Haven resort & Spa for my Valentine's Day surprise (I know, lucky me!) He made an excellent choice because this is the best resort we have been to in a long time, better then the Poconos! When you arrive, do not be put off by its location, sure, it's in the middle of nowhere with not much around but once you enter the premises you are instantly transported to another world. The exterior is a little deceiving as the parking lot is in need of some repair, but the interior is really very impressive. The lobby area was very clean and welcoming, our room was spacious and stylish and we were really impressed that they were well serviced every day. We were greeted by chocolates and chilled champagne that was placed in our room in celebration of Valentines Day, what a great surprise! We had a couples massage, the atmosphere, the warmth, those "hot towels", just relaxed the entire body. The fine music, and aromas, just let the time go by. The pool area was fantastic! It's definitely a place to relax and take in everything. There's a cute café and a little shop for toiletries if you need them.
We really enjoyed our experience. The girl at the front desk was very friendly. My massage therapist was wonderful. The facility is tasteful, clean, and comfortable, our dining experience was great, the food was delicious, memorable and very well presented.
Overall, my stay at the Honors Haven resort & Spa was excellent. The best thing though is the friendly staff and it was very affordable, you’re sure to feel like a million bucks even if you don't happen to have it the bank.”

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I stayed at Honor's Haven in February. I was not looking forward to this trip thinking that the hotel would be run down, but needed to attend the conference so off I went. Needless to say, I was very pleasantly surprised. Driving into the property the area around it seemed very depressed so I thought my fears were correct, but the minute I arrived at the gatehouse and the guard welcomed me to the resort I was optimistic. When I parked at walked into the lobby the front desk staff greetly me warmly and the fireplace was blazing giving the hotel a warm homey feeling. Check in went smoothly and I proceeded to my room which had a king bed and overlooked the mountains. The room was extremely clean and the bathroom was modern and up to date. Dinner that night was served buffet style but the food was hot and delicious. I was at the hotel three days, and did not once come across an unpleasant employee. Walking to the meeting rooms all the employees I passed greeted me with Good Morning and a smile. The hotel is still undergoing some renovations so you can tell the owners are putting money back into the hotel. Overall, this was one of the best conferences I have attended in a long time. I would recommend this hotel to groups as the staff was very accommodating. The pool area is beautiful if you have any free time. I think it was just build in the last few months. I did not get to take advantage of all the hotel has to offer like some of the yoga classes, but if I have another conference there in the future I will call in advance and try to arrange one. Everyone has opinions on hotels but I have traveled extensively and have to say that this hotel is a great value and a well kept secret. I hope to get back there with my famikly maybe this summer.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2009

My family stayed at this hotel for two nights in December with several friends and their kids (all 10 years and under). We were "escapees" from the Nevele Hotel next door, where we stayed one night and could not bear the thought of staying for two more because it was so decrepit. The Honor's Haven management was very accommodating to our group with regard to the rate charged and the rooms given to us. We were all provided with very spacious rooms. This is old Fallsview hotel under new management and it has been extensively renovated. Our rooms were all re-done and were clean and well appointed. We were told that the lobby will also be renovated. There is a nice fireplace in the lobby, although there needs to be more seating. The previous negative reviews must have been prior to the renovations.

The indoor pool was clean and very nicely renovated. There was also a game room for the kids, a computer room with PCs and free internet, a movie theatre with plenty of comfortable seats and kid friendly movie. There was a small area with one ping pong table. The kids all went outside during a snowstorm and used the hotel's snow tubes on a hill nearby. They also organized trips to a nearby ski area and paintball place for those interested.

The food is buffet style and quite tasty, although not gourmet (nor was this expected).

This hotel seems to be focused on wellness and is not primarily a child oriented place. Don't expect entertainment inside the hotel like the old days in the Catskills. For that reason, I wouldn't stay with kids for more than two or three days because it's not the kind of place that keeps the kids busy all the time.

All in all though, our group was impressed with the hotel and the staff.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
dcmcheckers, Reservation Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2009

We want to Thank You for such a positive review. We look forward to the future opportunity of serving you again.

Reviewed September 27, 2008

I stayed their for about a week and thought the hotel was simply wonderful. I cannot believe the hard work they have put in to the renovations and believe me it shows. Outstanding! The food was great, the rooms were the same. I feel they are really working hard to bring bavk that old style resort back to the Caskills. If you really want to complain skip across next door to the Nevele, then you will have some issues.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
dcmcheckers, Reservation Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2008

Melissa Smith

Reviewed September 25, 2008

I recently attended a conference being held at Honor's Haven, I was not satisfied with the accomodations or food at all. The room was dusty and dingy. There wasn't even a fitted sheet on the mattress- just a flat sheet tucked in around!! The windows were filthy, you could barely see out of them. The food was not impressive, all buffet style with minimal service. To top it off, at 6am in the morning it sounded like a freight train was driving through my room- the whole place was shaking and vibrating, clearly something was wrong with the ventilation system or something. When I called the front desk to ask about the noise they were dismissive, said they would leave a note for maintenance. Not particularly helpful. Never again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KarenLI