This hotel was the worst, the website was so beautiful, we were expecting so much we were so excited. a getaway for relaxation,recreation and empowement(( HAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT!) they were offering many signature programs energy yoga, accupressure facelifts, stress reduction, romantic revivals for couples, simply paradise!! We expected a full schedule to classes and lectures and fun that we can do when inbetween our group stuff, We pull up to the place after traveling forever, the front is all ripped apart,( thats ok renovations understandable) The parking lot ....forget about that!!! we get to the front desk and there,the man behind the desk, was very nice except he just gave us our key card and didn't even tell us where our room was. I guess he assumed we worked there or something and should know everything. We got onto the elevator that was old and dirty and the door shut on us in 2 sec., it hurt. Then we get up to room And It was sweltering hot in our room. While the rooms appear nice, there were stains on the carpet, hair in the tub and the bed was all unstraightened.. We called for more towels to the front desk, they never came. I called housekeeping and a woman with bad english told us that they were very busy, understaffed and would get to them when she could.So we found a maid in the hallway GREAT, only she could not speak english!
We were with a group and there were things going on in the confrence room. SO we head down there to catch up with everyone.. The room looked so bad, white sheet places uncaringly on the tables and not enough chairs. Not so much as water on the table. We saw a guy in the hallway and he attempted to call conventions as he called it and noone showed to help us, finally we were told that conventions was gone for the day. There was a guy from IT who was very helpful and polite, he worked very hard, went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and even helped us with convention needs.
Women, don't go to this hotel. This is "suppose" to be a spa hotel, so I know women will want to go, DON'T. When you think spa you think getting pampers services, fluffy robs, fuzzy slippers, massages, ( you can get one but thats only if the massuse is avalible to come to the hotel) facials, body wraps, body scrubs. get your hair done,manicures, pedicures, You know SPA SERVICES. The closest this place comes is a sauna and it didnt even work!! And lastly there is no real gym, its in the middle of the lower lobby!
Anything they do have that may have saved grace was never opened. You could not get a coffee or a drink after checking in to relax a bit from the long drive, and forget it if you missed a meal, there was NO place to even get a snack. The only little shop they did have was closed, everything CLOSED!
The food was good, the matre D' was the best, he may have been the highlight of our whole adventure.
Perhaps this little catskill gem will one day grow up to be a real resort and spa, it has so much potential and renovations are going on that look promising, but until then I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK AND I SUGGEST YOU SAVE YOUR MONEY ALSO, go ahead and check out their website and see what you wont be getting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by rolling landscapes, lush gardens and a crystalline lake, Honor's Haven Resort & Spa can be found tucked away on over 200 acres in the heart of the Shawangunk Mountain Region; the gateway to the Catskills. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Honor's Haven Resort & Spa is the ideal destination; combining multi-faceted conference facilities and wedding sites with a wide range of recreational opportunities and 232 well appointed rooms and suites. Offering countless catering options, this unique four season resort will make you next vacation or event nothing short of extraordinary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Honor's Haven Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honor`s Haven Hotel Ellenville
- Honor`s Haven Resort And Spa
- Honors Haven Hotel
- Honors Haven Ellenville