“Great time!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ellenville
Queens, NY
“Great time!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Listen, i will cut to the chase here... This place is a nice affordable place to kick back and relax and enjoy the outdoors. They have many ammenities and activities to enjoy including hiking, fishing, pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steamroom, gym, tennis, basketball, camp fire, and many more at the game room etc... Does this place need to be remodeled? Yes Is this place the
ritz carltun? No BUT my husband and i really enjoyed the ood and activities with the wonderful views of the waterfall and lake, very calming and natural. We had a blast! The employees try there best and ultimately it is what u make it, like any where else u go!

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite, worth the money!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luch234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Said to be renovated....lobby and spa wonderful but...guest rooms look old and dirty..stains on rugs..lack little things like a soap dish. Conference rooms look like they have never been vacuumed! Food just marginal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank travelbugartist
, Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to communicate your concerns with us. I can assure you that your experience was inconsistent with our standard of service. Our facilities have been extensively renovated and our staff is consistently commended for their level of service with respect to the cleanliness of our public areas. While we seek to satisfy all of our guest's culinary tastes, this sometimes proves to be an arduous task and I do apologize that the selections were not to your liking. We hope this experience does not discourage you from staying with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Ellenville hotels

NYC
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed for a two night, three day weekend. The staff was polite, helpful and cheery. The grounds are beautiful and rooms and buildings are clean and neat. A lot of money has been spent to upgrade this property. This is a really nice place to just unwind and enjoy the local landscape and scenes. We'll be back with the kids soon. They'll love the indoor pool, the playground and the pond, where they can row a boat, fish, catch frogs or feed the ducks and geese. The only thing we didn't care for was how some of the guests treated the staff and other guests. We can't find fault in anything about this resort. I guess no matter where you go you'll find people who's nature it is to be rude. Don't believe all the reviews you read here. I commend the staff for being so professional. We give it an A+

Room Tip: The East side and center offer views of the lake and golf course. Or ask for a view of the fountain...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John D
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Arrived at 7pm to be told dining room was closed (coffee shop was open if I wanted a snack!). Coming back from dinner down the road to park in west wing found no handicap parking (I require it for a diagnosis of MS). Lot fwas full because there was a conference, it was raining; I had to park at a distance and lug baggage into a mildewed run-down entrance area. The room had no internet despite their claim that it did; #3 calls to front desk finally got a promise that it would be fixed momentarily by IT.15 minutes later I called the front desk to tell them it was still not working and got a busy signal repeatedly; tried all extensions including emergency # and got a busy signal. I gave up and turned the TV on; sound was inaudible. The bed was uncomfortable, the AC unit was very LOUD; in AM coming out of bathroom I stumbled only to realize the floor was uneven. I asked to speak to the manager at checkout (8AM) and was told he wouldn't be in until 11am. The front desk took my cell # and told me he would call; he never called. I Got the run around for 2 weeks after trying to contact a manager (1.5 - 2 hrs on the phone bet. calls and holds),and eventually spoke with the owner Pilson. She reiterated what the other managers had said which was essentially too bad you didn't tell someone you were having problems! The manager Tanya had serious attitude and ultimately implied it was my problem. I have never stayed at a facility that was more unprepared on all levels to provide a minimal level of service (for $200.00/night no less!). When I asked the management for some sort of compensation they replied, "no!",we cannot help you!! Yes, I said, that is my whole point ... cannot/will not!!! YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: ... There's certainly a better one down the road at a different facility somewhere!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Susan J
Managemnt, Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Honors Haven. You as our guest are very important to us. When you contacted us to discuss your issues, I did make several attempts to contact you and left several messages. At one point, I did manage to reach but you were in a meeting and unable to speak. I left you my contact information and you called me back several days later. It is true; I do wish you would have let us know of any struggles you had while you were here. I personally would have worked closely with you to make sure all that all of your issues were addressed and would have gone to any length to ensure your stay was enjoyable and a comfortable one. If I were not immediately available, there is always a manager on the premises 24/7, trained and available to handle any complaints or situations that may arise.
In regards to the dining room, dinner was served until 8PM. If you preferred, the coffee shop was opened until 9PM, where we serve everything from snacks to sandwiches. As to the handicap parking we do have three spots dedicated for your convenience just steps from the front door. If there weren’t any available we would have gladly parked you in front of the hotel or would have taken your luggage to your room, helped you settle in and valeted your car for your convenience.
I am not sure where you entered into the building. Most of the common areas have been renovated and mildew has never been a problem. I did check on the internet and the TV in your room and everything seemed to be working properly and there were no internet complaints from any of our guests. I also had the phone line in your room checked and did not find any issues with that. All attempted calls did go through to the front desk and were answered promptly. As I stated, our guests are very important to us. We never want anyone to go away unsatisfied or unhappy. We believe the guest is ALWAYS right, I never said “No I cannot help you”, that is a phrase that should NEVER be spoken in the hotel industry; the Honor’s Haven is no acception.
I did attempt whole heartedly to compensate you during our discussion on the phone, however, admittedly, I was just not able to compensate monetarily above and beyond what you actually paid for your stay as you insisted during our conversation. I am still willing to extend to you what I did offer you. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at (845) 210-3110. I look forward to hearing from you!
Syosset, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was a weekend for ballroom dancing that we booked through the Stardust Dance Productions company.
The weekend was fantastic! Stardust does an amazing job in arranging dancing, dance lessons and entertainment.
Honor's Haven Resort has a beautiful setting (be sure to take a short walk to view the waterfall). Most of the common areas have been renovated and are beautiful. What hasn't been renovated is clean and comfortable. The food was good with multiple choices on the menu and the buffet breakfast with the omelet station was most enjoyable. All the staff was friendly and helpful especially the dining room staff.
I really appreciated the water coolers that were provided in the various rooms we used for lessons and dancing! Thank you for that!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarlRay
New York
Reviewed April 23, 2012

A friend and I visited Honor's Haven for a couple of days (4/19-4/20). The hotel is updated and relatively clean; although the carpet in the elevator was disgusting and dirty. The food at the hotel was very good. I particularly enjoyed dinner; they had a great selection of shrimp skewers, roast beef and chicken florentine. Every meal was good and the wait staff was incredible!!!

While the hotel certainly doesn't get the clientele it had in the 50's and 60's, it does a steady business. There was a dance convention taking place and a college had some of their students there for various activities.

We went to Honor's Haven to play some golf and we got to do just that at their 9 hole executive golf course. The course had been recently aerated and reseeded. The greens were in pretty good shape. You can see that care is being put into maintaining this course; which is good considering that the owner who I had the (dis)pleasure of meeting was not very nice at all. I went to the clubhouse, as my friend and I approached the desk to sign in, we said 'good morning', not only were we ignored and not greeted, but the phone rang and the owner answered it without acknowledging us. Not nice at all!

Fortunately, there is a man working at the course named John who was very helpful. He came in right after the owner answered the phone and immediately took care of us. Honestly, if he hadn't shown up, I would have turned around and walked out the door. John made our golf very worthwhile, not only was he accomodating, but he was also very courteous and friendly.

The grounds of the Hotel are immaculately maintained, I particularly enjoyed the gardens and the beautiful sculptures that are found in front. The ammenties are good for the price. There is golf, tennis, basketball courts, fitness center, spa and swimming pools. We also watched a movie in the comfortable media room; the hotel has a small collection of dvds that you can borrow.

All said, it was a decent trip, honestly, I don't think I would visit again. The price was a bit higher than this type of property should charge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tfun247
Managemnt, Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa for your getaway, I am so deighted to read that overall your experience with us was a pleasant one.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food, and that our dining room staff exceeded your service expectations. our chef is expecially flattered by your response! And thank you for noticing our beautiful gardens, we are so proud of them. Ownership personally works on the grounds and will be so please to know that you really enjoyed them.

I was surprised to hear that you were treated with poor customer service at the clubhouse; this is really out of character for our affiliates of the golf course. We take these comments serious, no matter whom a guest encounters at our resort during their stay, whether it be staff member or someone leasing a concession from the hotel, ownership of the Honor's Haven Resort is firmly committed to guest satisfaction and our guest's experience during their stay. We pride ourselves on customer service excellence, and demand nothing less. Our ultimate goal is to ensure all our treasured guests experience a most pleasant and renewing time at the Honor’s Haven. I have passed on you feedback to ownership and they will address this matter accordingly.

It was an honor having you as guests in our hotel and we hope you will consider come back and staying with us again soon!
Middletown, New York, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I am astonished to read the positive reviews I see here. As you turn into the drive leading to the "resort" you're greeting with a field filled with half downed trees and a rusted out broken chain link fence lining the road. Entering the West Wing we realized it reeked of mildew, and the place was really rundown. Worse than that, the hotel was dirty with dirt and dust piled in all the corners on every floor. The indoor tennis courts are in a sub basement that feels as if you're heading into a gymnasium in a school that closed down years ago. The outdoor grounds were okay, but the surrounding area is depressing with the grounds of the Nevele lying in ruins next to Honor's Haven with abandoned buildings, broken down chain link fences, and landscaping that has run amok. I was there for a mathematics conference and I was very disappointed with everything about the place.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the West Wing of the resort. Better yet, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank Barbara P
I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us. In regards to the chain link fence and downed trees, they belong to the adjoining hotel you referred to. Unfortunately, we have no control whatsoever over that property or its appearance. We can only vouch for ours. we put a lot of time and energy into our properly with a lot of care and extensive renovations in hopes that our guests will have a memorable experience.
Although the west wing where you stayed has not been renovated, our goal is to always provide clean comfortable guestrooms and common areas to our guests. We take all feedback very seriously, this is our business, and hospitality is our service. It’s what we do. We always strive to make every guest feel “at home” and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. I wish you would have addressed your concerns during your stay so we could have a better understanding of where you felt we fell short. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping department and they will focus their attentions in the west wing specifically and try to locate and address these areas of concern.

We hope that you will come back in the future, enjoy all we have to offer and give us another chance to serve you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellenville
Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
#1 of 5 in New Paltz
Best Western Monticello
Best Western Monticello
#1 of 3 in Monticello

Been to Honor's Haven Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!