“Excellence is no accident - Vermont is for Cheese”

Namaste Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elizabethtown
Namaste Inn Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I planned a trip to a bed and breakfast because my significant other had never been to one. He was pretty hung up on the idea of sharing a bathroom with strangers so I really wanted to prove him wrong. The Adirondack park is gorgeous in the fall. I picked Namaste because I had never seen any accommodations receive all excellent reviews.

When we arrived the inn was as described, pretty, well decorated, quiet, and immaculately clean, Gail and Ron were very pleasant, and welcoming, and the room was charming, and comfortable. Still, 24 excellent reviews had my curiosity piqued. In the morning a abundant home cooked, and delicious breakfast. had my man smiling from ear to ear. The best thing about the breakfast however, was the conversation, and the hospitality of our hosts. It soon became obvious that all those great reviews were brought about by the whole experience that Gail and Ron offer their guests. Though it seemed quite effortless, it is no small feat to balance such warm hospitality while still affording your guests total privacy.

So here you have another excellent review. I cannot imagine anything having been done better. We would most certainly stay again. Everything was very professionally, and thoughtfully done to the last detail. Enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Collinxx

Reviewed August 12, 2010

I was looking for a place to stay for a few days near
The Meadowmount School of Music near Westport, NY while our violinist daughter settled into the rigours of this famous summer school for dedicated young classical musicians. Searching via internet, The Namaste Inn came to my attention and first appealed because its website appeared charming and welcoming, yet also clean and orderly (which is actually a difficult combination to get right and this B&B does) and because of a very unique amenity -- a yoga room. While I am not a devotee, I do enjoy practicing some Tai Chi and some yoga. This is now my second stay at The Namaste Inn, and I have been made to feel so comfortable here that I plan to return next summer when our daughter returns to Meadowmount. Gail and Ron Testa are the very likable owners and innkeepers of this 2-guest room inn. The location is on a quiet lane within walking distance (over a little footbridge) to the center of Elizabethtown. Meadowmount is about a 6 or 7 mile drive from Elizabethtown. At first, this seemed like quite a long distance, but I quickly became accustomed to it and the drive is an easy one. While many guests seem to be parents of Meadowmount students, others are primarily hikers and others who enjoy the beauty of these mountains. The Inn is close to several hiking trails and The Testas are knowledgeable about these. Ron is a retired architect and so while the house, which is also their home, has wonderful porches, gardens, some lovely period character, and an intangible good 'feel', the two-story house is fully renovated and is up-to-date. ( If you are looking for a historic Adirondack feel, or an old antique-filled B&B, this is not it. ) My room -- the blue one - is spacious, very clean and comfortable in all respects. I have slept well here. There is a window a/c unit, but it is August and already the nights are cooler. The bathroom has a shower rather than a tub, and Gail has kindly thought of putting some toiletries/necessities within easy reach. The inn's wireless internet connection has proved reliable, which is important because cellular phone service here is not very good. The breakfasts are really superb -- especially the waffles. Ron and Gail make excellent hosts. They are friendly, educated and interesting, and also they know when and how to let guests get on with their day. The only aspect of this pretty b&b that I can see which needs some improvement is the driveway/parking. When it rains, big rather muddy puddles form. As for the general area, Elizabethtown really has only one restaurant open for dinner (though it is a good one -- The Deershead Inn). So be prepared to drive in order to eat anywhere else in the evening. For some thing simple like pizza, The Dogwood Bread Company in nearby Wadham is particularly worthy of the miles (maybe 8?). There are some intriguing old houses in need of attention in E'town. Maybe a brave local soul will invest in a wonderful little Italian restaurant? But otherwise, this is a very enjoyable b&B for a few leisurely days and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank KEH130
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I had not visited the Adirondacks since 1983. After a tiring flight from Texas, Ron and Gail Testa and Namaste Inn welcomed me with a comfortable bed, private shower, and non-intrusive warmth. My room overlooked their garden area and the pine woodlands. I enjoyed the cleanliness of their freshly renovated Victorian home. Breakfasts are still memorable and the Testa's company was friendly and conversations were varied and interesting. The 2 Namaste Inn mascot dogs were well-behaved. I visited in the winter and found the entire house comfortably temperate. Their quiet road leads to the local river and park, and an easy stroll into the heart of town. Several days at The Namaste Inn afforded me a time of renewal and I went on my journey refreshed. I have stayed in numerous bed & breakfasts and give The Testas and their Namaste Inn my highest compliments.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This is a quick confirmation that we also found the Namaste Inn lovely, as all other travellers testified. Thanks to Gail and Ron for welcoming us and for sharing a nice conversation over breakfast. We will definitely return if we happen to be in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We have been to the Namaste Inn Bed & Breakfast 3 times in the past two years and will be going back at least once this summer. Gail and Ron are wonderful hosts and they made us feel right at home. The rooms are spacious and comfortable (bigger than ours at home) and the beds are extremely comfortable. We have recommended the Namaste Inn to all our friends and family and look forward to being there soon.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2010

The Testas made me feel very welcome. My room was small, but neat, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was served at a pre-arranged time to suit my convenience. The yoga room was a nice extra: bright, comfortable, and conveniently supplied with pillows, mats, a CD player and a wide variety of discs. The family dogs are extremely mellow, friendly, and well-trained. Ron and Gail treated me like family. I have returned twice and will recommend this small B and B to other single travellers, couples, and small families.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AmyW0323
Reviewed March 19, 2010

my partner and i just needed a night away during some stressful times and Namaste was exactly what the doctor ordered. our room was cozy and clean and the bed was the most comfortable one we'd ever slept in. Gail and Ron are warm and welcoming hosts and cooked us up a decadent and delicious spread for breakfast.
As mentioned in other reviews they're very gay friendly, we were perfectly at ease to be ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Namaste Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!