“BURGER HEAVEN”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Calverton, New York
“BURGER HEAVEN”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The place comes highly recommended. You walk in to a bar and turn right to dine. It can sometimes be overwhelmingly loud and sometimes obnoxious.
The food is good considering the atmosphere and the burgers are the best around as we have heard from many suffolk town residents. Burgers, tidbits, fritters and shrimp dijon are favorites.

• Visited July 2013

Bay Shore, New York
“Great Family Food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This local pub is at the junction of three roads, hence the name. Parking is a challenge because there really is no parking lot. Find a spot on the grass across the street. The outside doesn't look like much and don't be intimidated by the bar when you step in the door. Just make a right and head for the dining room. Their burgers are excellent and reasonably priced. The $7.00 twelve oz. burger on a hard roll is a deal even if you add a topping at $1.00 each. They have a smaller version if you are not as hungry. The rest of the menu is extensive and there are always families there and the place is always full.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank golf472
Douglasville, Georgia
“Food you would not expect!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Triangle Pub was recommended to us by a distant neighbor, during a conversation about the best burger on Long Island. I said I had found Bobby's Burger Palace at Smithaven Mall to be the very best, and he asked if we'd ever been to the Triangle Pub in Eastport--only a short distance from our home. He then told us that he'd been going there for years and that the burgers were unbelievable for the price, and just delicious. Knowing this person to be a real 'tightwad', (his own description), I thought, hmmmm, they MUST be great!
So today we decided to try it out, and we were not disappointed, either! They offer their 'famous' burgers in 2 sizes: small (6 oz.) and large (12 oz.), and each comes with fries and a pickle. The strange thing to me was that the small was $6 and the large--with DOUBLE the meat--was only a dollar more, at $7!?!?. Of course, that is for just a burger patty on a bun, with nothing on it. You do have to pay extra for the 'fixins'--like lettuce, tomato, cheese (4 or 5 different offerings there, and I chose pepper jack--yum!), mushrooms, sauteed onions, etc.
They also had some really great-sounding luncheon offerings, several of which we would like to have tried--and all at a really reasonable price, as well. We finally decided to get one large burger with pepper jack, sauteed onions, and mushrooms...and one 'blackened shrimp wrap with avocado.
Wow, I have to say that THAT was the best 'wrap' I have ever eaten--chocked full of tender, delicious shrimp, lettuce, avocado, and who knows what else. It was wonderful! And the burger? Wow again. It was HUGE, and other than being a bit under-cooked for our taste (we ordered it med, but I will order it med well next time...as the 'pink' center was more like a red center). The only other thing I wish they had done was to salt the meat before making the burger, as I kept salting mine and probably ended up using more salt that I would have, had the salt been in the meat to start with. But, it was a delicious burger, made of very high quality meat--and we WILL be going back. Often.
Now the fries were another story...and in my opinion, they were nothing to write about. They were just frozen 'steak fries', which are not my favorite at all. I much prefer smaller fries. However, for an upcharge you can substitute onion rings or mashed potatoes or a baked potato--which I will do next time. Here is where Bobby's Burger Palace wins hands down: their sweet potato fries are the absolute best I have ever eaten anywhere, in any restaurant, in any state...and I have eaten them in quite a few places.
All in all, I give the Triangle Pub an A+ for the wrap, an A for the burger (only because it really needs salt before cooking) and would have to give the fries a C. But, again, that is MY personal bias against large, tough french fries...but my husband, who will eat any fry of any sort, even admitted that they tasted kind of 'old'. On the bright side...I only ate 2 or 3 of them so I didn't have to feel guilty about scarfing down the whole plate of them :-)
OH! I almost forgot! We also shared a piece of "Turtle Cheesecake" for dessert. Although the portion was very small for $4.50, the dessert was top quality--and after all that food, it was enough. We did not try the coffee with the dessert, but I noticed they offered a big list of 'specialty' coffees, as well. So that may be for another visit.
It is my opinion, after today, that The triangle pub is definitely one of the best 'well-kept secrets' on the east end! Having said that...it just occurred to me that this rating may change all that--and then I might regret letting everyone else in on the secret, LOL!!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mabestrn
Wading River, New York
“Good food”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went there for lunch on y wife had the fish & chips. I had the large marinated hamburger.
this is a little place you would not think to have good food. it's kinda dark dengi, very old old old atmosphere.g.
we got there at about 130 for lunch, the place was slow at that time but within 15 minutes the place was packed. there was only 1 waitress working.
she did a good job of handling the entire place by herself with some help the bartender.
burgers at this place or the second best I have ever had. now don't get me wrong, they are the best ones I've had in this county. number 1 goes to a burger place in Gettysburg Pennsylvania.
if you like hamburgers you like the burgers at this place.

Eastern Suffolk
“Great Place-Great Prices”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Walking into this gem of a place you will see little old ladies dining next to brawny bikers. The food is excellent and the lunch menu is comprised of a myriad of dishes all less than 10 dollars. They have some great appetizers to boot. The service is very good and the food is served very promptly. My only recommendation would be to bring a sweater or sweatshirt as the dining room gets chilly once in awhile.

Visited December 2012