“Great option right near the airport”

Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great option right near the airport”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in late April. We flew into Syracuse at 11 PM and didn’t want to drive home that night. We found this place to be a bargain (booked thru Hotwire), and very easily reached from the airport. It’s definitely a “budget” hotel but the room was clean and in good shape. It even included a kitchenette with stovetop, microwave, dishes, etc. but as we were only staying there to sleep we didn’t make use of it. Free parking, and there is a very light continental breakfast – muffins, apples and oranges.

There were a couple of minor annoyances. There was no shampoo in the washroom and not much sound protection for the rooms – we could hear noise from neighbouring rooms, the hallway and outside.

However, all things considered, we got a good deal with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive hotel room near the airport. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and there’s ample free parking. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
East Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed here for 6 months in 2012/ 2013. I specifically requested to stay at the same place once I found out I was coming back to Syracuse. Good place to stay overall. I even like the location since it's close to the gym, grocery stores, restaurants...... and the highway when it's time to leave. Friendly staff and clean rooms. My 2nd home.

Room Tip: If you are here for a while, the south side of the hotel get the most sun. Good if you wanna keep an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Chris - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I'm so pleased to hear that your room was clean. As well, I am glad to see that our location was convenient for you. I will be sure to share your review with our staff. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Shari and Glenn are INCREDIBLY helpful. The were very accommodating and made our experience at this hotel great. I would be back if they were working because they care about the customers experience. I miss them already!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you found our staff, especially Shari and Glenn, to be helpful and accommodating during your visit. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent customer service from the desk. I have been staying here almost a week now while waiting to close on a house and the ladies at the front desk have been more than accomidating. I highly recommend this place based on the service I have recieved alone. Alyssa and Angelica have been especially helpful!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Corey – Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay. It’s great to hear that our staff, especially Alyssa and Angelica, provided you with great customer service. Thank you again for your comments. I do hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My first contact with the manager to the girls at the front desk to housekeeping and the handyman...5*
Very clean lobby/rooms-on top of any question you have and it is resolved.#1 for business accoms!

Room Tip: I like the higher floor but all I am sure are good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Deborah – I appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that our staff was able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet that goal. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Excellent, the staff became my family, they were supportive, friendly, we shared stories, laughs and they had helpful advice from were to park, what route to take to work, were to eat, what to see and do. They all were. very helpful in the 8 wks I was there . They made being away from my family easier over the Christmas I was always greeted when i came in from working night shift and when i left to go to work in the evening. I would recommend them, The rooms were good size,I did not feel cramped for 8 weeks. Plus snow was removed in timely manner.

Room Tip: The area in general is very quite but try to get a room away from the dumpster.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is so rewarding to read that you had such a positive experience with us. I am thrilled that you found our staff to be supportive, friendly and helpful during your stay. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am happy that we were able to provide you with a “home away from home” experience. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised and will book this hotel again. It has what you want and need for an overnight stay and is modestly priced. You can actually cook during your stay here with the fridge microwave and stove that is supplied. Everything is very clean front desk staff and employees are very friendly all in all a nice quiet hotel during our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review, on our hotel. It's great to hear that you were pleased with our fully equipped kitchen and affordable rates. I will be sure to share with housekeeping your comments on how clean your suite was.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel the next time you are in Syracuse.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse
Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle

Been to Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt? Share your experiences!