“Short Night”

Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I based the quality of my experience by the comfort and smell of the linens on the bed. Seriously. This is very important to me and helps me sleep better. The room was lovely and I am sorry I did not have more time to relax there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Check in was easy and fast. they gave me the type of room I asked for. The room was not very big but it was comfortable and clean. The linens and blanket were like being at home. They were warm and comfortable. I am not sure what the blanket was made from but at night I shut off the heat and was totally warm, I was there in February. They have a breakfast that you can make your own waffles, 2 different flavors, eggs and sausage, cereal, yogurt , hard boiled eggs assorted breads and cereal. The juice tasted real so taht is a plus since it normally taste awful. In the afternoon they had fresh baked cookies. Coffee, hot cereal, tea hot chocolate were available all day and nite. I guess my only complaint would be the the tv. While a nice flat screen, there were not too many channels and the on demand or pay tv was unavailable. The h otel cost a little bit more that the others in the area but it was worth it for the breakfast alone. The staff were very friendly and nice. there is a washer and dryer should you need one too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been staying at this Hampton Inn for visits to family over past 6 years and now, after 2nd stay in 2 months, just feel like I need to find new place. Rooms are deteriorating fast , latest one has a rickety desk, hole in the center of the armoire door, streaked mirror in the bathroom, loose handlebar in the shower, Kleenex box cover in wall hanging askew, and dust everywhere. Breakfast buffet...used to get eggs but I keep running into sausage gravy biscuits as the hot. This is NY...since when do we eat sausage gravy biscuits? Otherwise, acceptable array of bagels, yogurts, fruit, coffee, etc. This place needs a major remodel to get back to Hampton Inn standards that regular Hilton guests expect.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2012

During my stay i experienced great customer service. My room was very clean. I had a great experience at this hampton inn. I would defiently come back and stay again and also reccomend for others to visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had been having a bad trip so far, traveling through construction on my way to Syracuse. I couldn't wait to just get into bed. When I arrived, I was told that the cot I requested was not available. Even though I was irritated, I tried to stay calm. I explained to the front desk clerk, Amanda, that my son had broken his leg and he really needed his own bed because we were traveling with four. Since we booked through Expedia, she said her system wouldn't let her change the room type. However, given our circumstances and the fact that they were not overly booked, she said she would be willing to give me an additional room free of charge so that we could sleep comfortably. She was extrememly understanding and kind, and I thanked her. She thanked me as well for letting her figure out the options before screaming at her like a lot of guests do. I really appreciated her help and kindness, and she went above and beyond what she was required to do. Most employees don't THANK you when you have additional requests, and I thought it was very kind. The room was great, breakfast was fine. I have no complaints. Overall, the customer service I received her will be the reason I will continue to stay at Hampton Inns!

Room Tip: They had no pool or restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary A
Regan W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

We are so pleased Amanda was able to accommodate you and your family! We take pride in doing all we can for our guest, and are proud of Amanda for going the extra mile. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Had a nice stay at the Hampton Inn. The front desk help was more then helpful.When asking for
a place to eat for dinner. They not only gave us some ideas of where to dine. But they also had a menu for some of the restaurants that were close by.
The room was clean and neet. furnishings were dated but all in all a real nice stay. In the bathroom it seemed as they had done something to the tub. It was all bright like it was a new tub.
The last time I was here the but was ok but it would seem to me that they are making changes and all for the better.
Over all it was a real nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
#22 of 31 in Syracuse
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn? Share your experiences!