“My stay at the Hampton”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Syracuse, New York
“My stay at the Hampton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

During my stay i experienced great customer service. My room was very clean. I had a great experience at this hampton inn. I would defiently come back and stay again and also reccomend for others to visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Finnish first
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had been having a bad trip so far, traveling through construction on my way to Syracuse. I couldn't wait to just get into bed. When I arrived, I was told that the cot I requested was not available. Even though I was irritated, I tried to stay calm. I explained to the front desk clerk, Amanda, that my son had broken his leg and he really needed his own bed because we were traveling with four. Since we booked through Expedia, she said her system wouldn't let her change the room type. However, given our circumstances and the fact that they were not overly booked, she said she would be willing to give me an additional room free of charge so that we could sleep comfortably. She was extrememly understanding and kind, and I thanked her. She thanked me as well for letting her figure out the options before screaming at her like a lot of guests do. I really appreciated her help and kindness, and she went above and beyond what she was required to do. Most employees don't THANK you when you have additional requests, and I thought it was very kind. The room was great, breakfast was fine. I have no complaints. Overall, the customer service I received her will be the reason I will continue to stay at Hampton Inns!

Room Tip: They had no pool or restaurant.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary A
Regan W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We are so pleased Amanda was able to accommodate you and your family! We take pride in doing all we can for our guest, and are proud of Amanda for going the extra mile. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Had a nice stay at the Hampton Inn. The front desk help was more then helpful.When asking for
a place to eat for dinner. They not only gave us some ideas of where to dine. But they also had a menu for some of the restaurants that were close by.
The room was clean and neet. furnishings were dated but all in all a real nice stay. In the bathroom it seemed as they had done something to the tub. It was all bright like it was a new tub.
The last time I was here the but was ok but it would seem to me that they are making changes and all for the better.
Over all it was a real nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank David L
DeLand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The staff here is very accommodating at this location, great breakfast, and clean rooms. Staff was wonderful from check-in to the breakfast girl "Sue" in the morning. I would stay here everytime when visiting Syracuse

Room Tip: The room was smaller then most other hotels but we only used the room for sleep so it was not that b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HSteve1
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Made reservation on road through Hilton reservation line and was told would have roll away bed available for children. When got to hotel front desk attendant advised did not have to honor what reservation line promised and refused to get bed. The individual at first refused to identify self and only gave first name of Amanda. When advised planned to complain about rude and unprofessional behavior, she responded by stating she was not concerned as uncle owned hotel. If her claim is true I suggest her uncle look outside the family for help. After she refused to honor reservation, let hotel and went down to Doubletree where staff was very helpful and professional. Nice to see someone can get it right and cares about providing good service.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joel L
reganward, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit to our hotel. I want to personally apologize that the hotel could not accommodate your need or meet your expectations.

We want you to know your experience is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience and will be using this experience as a training tool for our future employees. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again thank you for making us aware of your experience. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!! I appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance should you return to our area in the future.

Albert Jefferson
Assistant General Manager
North Creek, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I sought out this hotel after a marvelous Hampton stay in Vestal, NY. Unfortunately this was an entirely different experience. Stark lobby, where we were given one key for a party of two. This led us to a very cold room, and when I turned the heat on, I got that smell of burning dust when you first get your furnace going. It is the smallest room I've stayed in outside Manhattan, and the Hilton Honors lapdesk had a layer of dust on it. Cheap towels. Facial soap only. A coffee table that tried to double as a workstation offered no chair. Outlets were not well-placed for working. With so many outstanding accommodations available, it's too bad I ended up here. It should also be noted that this area is pretty much hotels only, there wasn't much else around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Emily S
reganward, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. I want to personally apologize that the hotel accommodations interfered with your comfort.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry you were disappointed in the condition of your guest room. We are following up on your concerns so that others will not be disappointed as you were.

Again thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts, we value you as a guest. Please feel free to come back and stay with us so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Albert Jefferson
Assistant General Manager
Merrimack, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed one night on our way west on the New York Thruway. I have stayed at this Hampton Inn before as well as other hotels in the Carrier circle area of Syracuse. I generally like Hampton Inns, this one is just OK. It is older than most of the other Hamptons I have stayed in and it shows. It is still clean and comfortable with a friendly staff although the desk help did seem less friendly than usual. The breakfast was decent. Since it was an off weekend there was plenty of room in the breakfast area and the room rates were reasonable.

The location is either Excellent or not so great depending on why you are in the area. If you are passing through on the New York State Thruway, this is an excellent choice. It is very convenient to exit 35. There is not much around except other hotels, so it is quiet and feels safer than some other areas of Syracuse. There are a couple of places to eat within walking distance or a short drive, but there is not a large selection. If you want to experience the city of Syracuse this is not a good choice. You will have to drive some to find more interesting food, activities or sites. If you are there to visit Syracuse University it is about a 10 or 15 minute drive.

There are a number of chain hotels very close to this Hampton Inn. I have stayed at four of the less expensive ones. While they were all OK, the Hampton Inn is more comfortable; the staff is friendlier and has a better breakfast.

Be aware, there are a number of events during the year in Syracuse which will fill up all the hotels in the Carrier Circle area (East Syracuse). Syracuse University parent’s weekend and graduation are two; I imagine the State Fair is another. During these times, the prices will be high and the breakfast area crowded. You won’t feel you are getting a good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Red Roof Inn Syracuse
#17 of 31 in Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle
Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle

Been to Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn? Share your experiences!