We stayed here over the Christmas holiday, checking in on Christmas Eve, and staying a couple more nights after that.
The pool and spa were closed. I was informed the spa was closed beforehand, but not the pool.
When we arrived, we were given a 2 double bed room as we had requested. We had a lot of difficulty with the door, so I asked about that. Seeing as no one wants to call a maint guy out on Christmas eve to fix a door and they had lots of other rooms, the desk offered me another room. Since my son decided to stay at Grandma's house (the pool being closed may have influenced that decision), we asked for a king room, and we were accommodated. The door on the king room was tricky, but we managed. Much better than the double was. Both rooms were OK. Minor defects were clearly visible in both rooms, but nothing that would keep me away. A little stain on the carpet here, a little wall paper issue there. There was a little hole in the upholstery on the couch. Both rooms had refrigerators. Linens were clean and nice. But the plumbing worked. The heat worked. It was very quiet. The bed was comfortable. Wifi was blazing fast and very easy to connect. The hotel smelled OK. You could smell the toaster from the breakfast in the morning going down the hall outside our room.
First (Christmas) morning's breakfast was not a hot breakfast. We'd been warned at check-in the breakfast would be cold to give staff a break on Christmas morning. Yogurt, bagels, pastries, cereals, milk and juice were available. That was fine.
The other mornings we had hot breakfast. The eggs were ok. Sausages looked like brown and serve. (ok by me). There was french toast, and it was a bit crunchy when we got to breakfast. The 26th, it was nearly inedible. Still crunchy on the edges on the 27th. There were hot cinnamon buns available on the 27th, too. I think these had all been on the steam tray a long time. A staff member came by and collected our plates when we were done. Very polite and nice.
Everyone overall was nice. The front desk, the breakfast, the groundskeeper shoveling snow, and the room cleaning ladies.
I never heard the plows inside that were pretty loud outdoors, or the highway for that matter. This hotel is very nearly next the I-90. It was quiet inside, loud outside. They did a reasonable job with the snow.
Plus one for pleasant staff. The rest is OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Syracuse University, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Columbia College are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions as well as the War Memorial Event Center, are also nearby. Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Destiny USA is less than six miles from the hotel and offer world renown shopping, entertainment and gourmet food. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from NBT Bank Stadium and the Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds. Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, The Roundabout Tavern on site, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and 24hour coffee available. Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as flat screen TV with cable television, free WiFi Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn