We stayed at this Best Western "plus" for two nights while on a trip to upstate New York. You can tell immediately upon arriving in their parking lot that the building is quite old. The lobby must have been renovated as it looked welcoming and modern. Upon entering the room however, we saw that while the beds and the furniture had been updated, the rest of the room looked like it was straight out of the 80s. The carpet looked as if it was put in when synthetic fiber was first invented! The only thing in the bathroom that looked younger than 30 years old was the sink. The ceiling in the bathroom made popcorn ceilings seem luxurious and made me feel like I was in a third world country. The bathroom was also extremely small. I'm only 5 feet tall, weighing 105lbs, and found myself constantly banging into the sink, the toilet, tub or the door with the lack of space. The shower itself was a retro yellow color with the original fixtures that your grandparents had back in the day.
The hotel was however clean and the service was friendly. The complementary breakfast was pretty average, with scrambled eggs, sausages, bread, muffins etc. Location was great...right next to the major highways.
Given the option, I would have stayed somewhere else much newer but overall the stay was comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Syracuse University, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Columbia College are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions as well as the War Memorial Event Center, are also nearby. Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Destiny USA is less than six miles from the hotel and offer world renown shopping, entertainment and gourmet food. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from NBT Bank Stadium and the Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds. Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, The Roundabout Tavern on site, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and 24hour coffee available. Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as flat screen TV with cable television, free WiFi Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn