We recently traveled to the Syracuse area for a sporting event and this hotel was on the list for Syracuse area hotels that we had to choose from to accommodate our group. First of all, we checked in around 4pm on a 82 degree day. The room smelled like smoke and mildew and the air conditioner (which was off) was covered in dust. We dropped our luggage, turned the air conditioning on and left for one of our events. We came back at 8:30pm and the room was still warm! I went down to complain at the desk and a young girl said she would report it and it should be working soon. About an hour and half later, we were ready for bed, went back up to our room and still NO air conditioning. Went down to the desk and another woman was there this time. She told us they are aware of the issue and have been having issues with their air conditioning over the last few days. We had a sports group with several kids staying there to wake up very early to play their games and they had to sweat it out the entire 2 nights we stayed. At least by the 2nd night, they handed out fans. Not a great way to handle large groups at all! They should have warned customers at check in or suggested different hotels if they were not able to meet basic needs! On a positive note, the breakfast was decent and the most of the staff especially the bar staff was great! Got us through the weekend! My suggestion for Best Western. Have a little higher standards so your staff doesn't have to make excuses for what your properties lack!And please don't call it a PLUS unless you have truly renovated more than just the bedding and the sinks! Air conditioning and cleanliness are basic necessities- especially when you are traveling with families!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Syracuse University, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Columbia College are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions as well as the War Memorial Event Center, are also nearby. Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Destiny USA is less than six miles from the hotel and offer world renown shopping, entertainment and gourmet food. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from NBT Bank Stadium and the Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds. Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, The Roundabout Tavern on site, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and 24hour coffee available. Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as flat screen TV with cable television, free WiFi Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn