Stayed two weekend nights for a wedding with kids and family dog. We had two Double Queen bed rooms. This hotel is an older property in an almost desolate area of Syracuse near former Carrier Air Conditioning plant.
Cheer competition in Syracuse that weekend and many teams staying here. Hotel was packed with families.
We had two 2nd floor Rooms - they appeared clean upon arrival. Beds were comfortable with a serviceable supply of pillows. Rooms' decor is typical of older motor lodges with spartan furnishings. The rooms had refrigerators, they were clean and cold. The TV's worked nicely and allowed us to easily hook up our Wii console.
Heat/Air Conditioning/Ventilation fan did not work in either room. One room in 80's the other in the 60's. We asked at front desk, maintenance worker arrived while we were gone and left message heat turned off in warm room. In reality, nothing changed.
Wi-Fi didn't work in either room, signal so poor we could not get devices connected. We asked at Front Desk, told there was a problem, but nothing could be done until Monday morning.
Asked at Front Desk for more Bath towels on the second day, were told there were none available until late afternoon, but some could be delivered. As promised, towels were delivered around 5:00 PM that day.
The last night, our dog made his first trip into the kids room. He started sniffing around behind the night stand and wouldn't come out. We found out why - empty vending machine snack wrappers, moldy pizza crusts and an a inch of dust and dirt. Disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We did use the pool and hot tub, water was clean. The pool area was large, clean, open space located in a newer/renovated part of the building. Definitely an asset. We found pool towels, but MANY other guests complained they had were no towels.
We had the free breakfast twice - Juice, fresh fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, breads and bagels, sweet rolls and muffins. It was the same both days, fresh each day, well prepared and what you should expect for a complimentary breakfast. The restaurant area was always clean and the staff very courteous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Syracuse University, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Columbia College are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions as well as the War Memorial Event Center, are also nearby. Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Destiny USA is less than six miles from the hotel and offer world renown shopping, entertainment and gourmet food. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from NBT Bank Stadium and the Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds. Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, The Roundabout Tavern on site, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and 24hour coffee available. Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as flat screen TV with cable television, free WiFi Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Ramada Carrier Circle East Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn