I had stayed at the old Holiday Inn 2 years ago - saw that BW had purchased the hotel & theoretically did an update into a Best Western Plus. The old Holiday Inn was old & worn but the location was convenient - and the pool was nice.
I selected the BW Plus based on experience with BW Plus in Europe... I was VERY disappointed. This is a traditional BW standard hotel in the US. The rooms are a good size, the bed is excellent, there is a flat screen TV and there is an indoor pool -but other than that - this is the old 2 star HI. The A/C Heat unit was dirty, smelled, and did not heat. Other than cleaning the bathroom, there was no update - still the same tile, same drop ceiling (maybe they replaced a couple of tiles)... One of the phones in the room did not work, the wallpaper is peeling, the carpet is stained, the breakfast buffet is marginal...
The one bright spot was that the hotel employees were very helpful. Greeted me enthusiastically, providing directions, and were overall very cheerful.
Overall - if this is a one night stay - and you get a good deal - great - otherwise, try the DoubleTree or the Embassy Suites...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Syracuse University, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Columbia College are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions as well as the War Memorial Event Center, are also nearby. Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Destiny USA is less than six miles from the hotel and offer world renown shopping, entertainment and gourmet food. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from NBT Bank Stadium and the Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds. Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, The Roundabout Tavern on site, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and 24hour coffee available. Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as flat screen TV with cable television, free WiFi Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn