“Horrible stay. NOT worth the money.”

Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Ottawa, Canada
“Horrible stay. NOT worth the money.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel. I booked a hotel with a higher star rating because I wanted to make sure it was clean.
This was NOT the case with this hotel. The carpets we disgusting, hadn't been vacuumed in ages. Our feet were black after walking barefoot on the floor. Not nice.
One of us had to sleep on the pull out sofa. It was not even made up when we arrived. I had to call reception to get sheets and a pillow. It took them two hours to finally give us some sheets. I had to go back and ask for a comforter since all we got was two sheets and a pillow. Instead of a comforter we got a bedspread. By this time it was really late so we decided to make due.
The bed (king bed) was comfortable. However as we noticed in the morning it had stains on it. It did smell clean, so it might just have been stains that didn't was out, but still not very nice to see. The pull out bed on the couch was not fit for sleeping on. The mattress was thin and I felt every spring in it.

Breakfast (included) was a busy affair, not much to choose from. There was only scrambled eggs and a few dry sausages. The French toast was all gone, as was the muffins and toast. (We had breakfast at 9 am)

IN the morning we also asked again to have another comforter for the pull out sofa. We finally received a blanket. It had lots of hairs on it so it had not been cleaned. We didn't use it.

Our room's windows faced the pool. If you decided to stay here, ask for a room facing the ROAD... it will be a lot quieter. The racket in the pool kept the kids awake. It was noisy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent stay at the Best Western Plus. It is never easy to get less-than-complimentary feedback on a guest's experience at our hotel. However, all guest concerns and feedback are taken very seriously by our employees and management staff at the hotel.
I’m so sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues during your stay. I assure you this is not a common occurrence with our housekeeping department as we take great pride in our cleanliness standards and I will be sure to share this with our Executive Housekeeper.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Cobden, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here the evening of August 25/2012, and I must admit that everything was perfect. The beds were clean and very comfortable. The temperature controls were accurate which helped to create a room that was extremely gratifying. The breakfast in the morning was not and offered a wide variety.

For anyone travelling down I-81, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for queen or king beds if they are available. There is plenty of parking available.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We're pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your needs and we hope to see you again soon!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights on a business trip in July, 2012. It was a good value for the price. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. This hotel has a restaurant and a bar. The bartender was very friendly and she was down to earth. I didn't actually eat in the restaurant but the food I ordered on 2 of the days came from that restaurant and was good. I must say I did have a little trouble driving around town. I found the roundabouts a bit confusing, but that could just be me. Many hotels in this area and businesses.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank You for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.
I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay and found our bartender Cindy friendly and welcoming.
I will be sure to pass along the complements to her!
We all look forward to seeing you in the future.
Napanee, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This Best Western Plus is very tired and worn. It is dark and the halls smell damp. There are very few electrical outlets to plug anything in - I had to unplug the lights to charge my computer and phone. The tub was old and the paint / ceramic coating was peeling off the tub. The window was so dirty, I could barely see outside. The carpet was old and grungy. Only one Towel in the room on arrival and no toilet paper - called the front desk for some and eventually I had to go get it myself - The front desk forgot what room number I had called from. The breakfast was blahhh not much taste to any of the hot food, so we just had a bagel and oj.

The 2 best things about this hotel was the pool and checking out. I would not stay here again - even with it being less than $100. I will return to using the Springfield Suites just down the road on my return trips to Syracuse...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I would personally like to apologize for the poor quality of service you encountered. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding and memorable stay and we are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations. We have addressed the issues you mentioned with our staff and hope the next time you are in the area you will give us another try so you may experience the level of quality and customer service that we are known for.
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We make a yearly drive from Indiana to Nova Scotia and are always looking for dog-friendly hotels close to the interstate. We arrived at 10pm and left at 5am, so I can't review the hotel's ammenites or grounds (since I only saw it in the dark). BUT! The hotel welcomed our dog by giving us a "welcome bag" that had 2 bottled waters, treats, and poop bags. We will certainly consider this hotel on our future trips since the location and hotel pet policies are excellent.

1 Thank Kate M
Thank You so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. Our hotel has always been pet friendly but we have recently added the welcome bags for pets, recognizing that they are also a big part of your family.
Hopefully during your next trip you will be able to utilize the wonderful amenities we have to offer, like our full breakfast buffet and our indoor heated pool.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Taunton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am definately someone who is difficult to impress but this hotel exceeded my expectations. On a recent 7 day vacation my 2 kids, wife, and myself stayed at 4 different hotels. Of the 4, this one was the least expensive and the nicest by far. At first glance, it's easy to tell this is a very old hotel probably 1960's or so. However Best Western has done an awesome job renovating these rooms. Rooms are big, showers have tons of water pressure, and breakfast room is nice and actually has real glass dishes! Hotel only requires $20. hold on credit card for incidentals which is fair. After staying at this hotel I will definately stay at Best Westerns from now on. Kudos!!

Room Tip: This hotel is the best value of all Carrier Circle Hotels at exit 35 on the Thruway
1 Thank A G
Jennifer C, Manager at Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
A G

I think a seven day vacation with four different hotel stops would be enough to tire you out and I appreciate the time you took to write a review about your stay here!
I am so pleased to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations and you were able to relax and enjoy yourselves while you were here.
I will definitely pass along the kudos to the entire staff and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stay at this hotel on every trip we take to Syracuse. We love it! The location is good, and the staff are very friendly. Great value for the price. Full buffet breakfast was included for all 4 of us for both days!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are better. Ask for a room that does not overlook the pool. We already...
McShelley

Thank you for letting everyone know what a wonderful time you have during your visits to Syracuse. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with memorable and enjoyable experiences and the fact that you stay here during all of your visits lets us all know that we have accomplished just that!
Please call me personally if there is anything I can do for you in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
#20 of 32 in Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle

Been to Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle? Share your experiences!