“Clean, simple, good price.”

Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Seattle, Washington
“Clean, simple, good price.”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

For a nice clean room with amenities like wifi, fridge in room and continental breakfast it's hard to complain. It's not the best place I've ever stayed (some things are out dated/non functional like the windows in the rooms) but we were just there for two quick nights and it fit the bill, literally. Way cheaper than competition and you can tell that a lot of things have just been recently re-done.

• Stayed April 2012
Jennifer C, Manager at Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Your title says it all. Clean, Simple, Good Price. These are three very important factors when booking a hotel room, and I'm glad we "fit the bill". Throw in a friendly staff to make sure your needs are met, and there's no reason to look any further.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay while you were in Syracuse. We hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is a really old hotel. It looks like a college dorm from the 50's or 60's from the outside. Inside, details abound that remind the visitor that it's an older property. Thankfully, the property has been refurbished to some degree, so the rooms are comfortable. My room had a comfortable bed, was quiet, and the right temperature, so I was pleased with my stay. The staff seemed a little indifferent to my arrival and patronage. The breakfast buffet was average at best. I stayed just one night, and did not visit the pool.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
While I am glad to hear that you had a nice, comfortable stay, I am very sorry to hear that the staff was indifferent to your arrival. I greatly appreciate you letting me know so that I could take care of this matter as soon as possible.
If you travel through the area again, please feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to help you with your reservations.
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had a very nice stay at Best Western Plus. It has a great indoor pool and hot tub. The rooms were clean, the food was good, and the staff was polite and helpful. The best part is that it was affordable. It's a real nice place to stay with your family, as the in door pool is a great way to keep the kids entertained. Plus you can take your pet and make it a full family stay. I will stay there again the next time I'm in Syracuse, NY. (The only drawback is that it is not located around any additional restaurants, (other than the one in the hotel) or any shopping centers/stores that were within walking distance. You have to drive everywhere you want to go when you're in Carrier Circle.)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lorrie D
Thank You for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you had a nice visit.
While it is true that we are not located within walking distance to any shopping centers, there are a few very nice restaurants within walking distance that I would highly recommend. We will be more than happy to show you where they are since you can't see them from the road.
Again, thank you for your review.
Amsterdam, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Not a bad place to stay, I would stay again. Very clean. Next time I would request a room that does not border the pool as it is very noisey while the pool is open.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer C, Manager at Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about the hotel and let us know what you did and did not like about your stay. This helps us deliver a better experience for you and all of our guests in the future, and that is our main goal.
Please contact me personally next time you're in the area. I would love to help you with your reservations!
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Had an excellent stay. Very clean. Staff is helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for reviewing our property and please come back the next time you're in Syracuse!
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My friends and I came down to Syracuse for the weekend to go shopping and we stayed at the Best Western Carrier Circle. The location is decent its neat the highway and close enough to the Carousel Mall but is definatly not in the best part of town. We arrived and proceeded to the front desk to check in. The receptionist there was talking to a customer very rudely swearing often and we were not even acknowledged. Finally after about 5 minutes they were done their argument and the very unfriendly girl checked us in.
We walked down to out room at the very far end of the hotel(turns out there was an exterior door right outside our room to the parking lot, which was really nice). The room was large(2 queens or doubles, I forget), clean and the linens and decorations were nice, although there were no extra pillows.
The first night was quiet and we all slept well.
The next afternoon we decided to use the pool which was nice and clean.
That night at around 12 or 1am I called down to the front desk to get a better pillow (my neck was hurting from the night before) and the overnight guy was NOT happy. After he complained that he would have to go and look for one, I finally convinced him to do it. 20 minutes later he showed up with a pillow.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but because of the bad service I would rather stay at one of the other hundred hotels in the area and actually feel welcomed.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Allyally19
Jennifer C, Manager at Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
After reading your review of our hotel, I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff for the lack of customer service you received at the Best Western.
I would like the opportunity to discuss the issues you encountered during your stay. Please contact me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.
dexter.ny
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Check in went well with a smiling friendly and very helpful front desk attendant who diligently look for a quiet room for me and my wife in that I am going through chemotherapy. The room was perfect-quiet,well decorated ,with a refrigerator and TV remote in a bag for sterility. The beds were comfortable and the pillows (3) very nice. The bathroom was small by modern standards,but adequate with a nice shower/bath combo.
Now the downer that begs the question "which way will the Best Western Plus go. The breakfast buffet was a nice bonus with hot and cold selections-WRONG! Cold only. I looked up the NYS regs for buffets and this would have been in violation. The scrambled eggs were full and cold,the sausage links were empty except for a few links-cold. The buffet area was covered with crumbs and prongs for certain items missing. It looked totally unattendet and not very appetizing. The plates and silverware were heavily water spotted. The coffee was hot-winner here. My wife asked for hot water for tea and it came back with a rusty look-right! Someone in the kitchen added hot water to a "coffee" pot-never checking. a attendant who was supposed to seatingt people but didn't, was busy asking about juice and coffee. She ignored some and favored others looking for tips. She ignored the messy buffet and did not present herself with true concern -SAD! Breakfast is served till 10AM-we were there a 9AM..
This could be a reasonably priced bargain , but changes in areas like the buffet must take place. i would have rather spent $20 extra then have this kind of breakfast service and food.

Room Tip: 240"s for quiet.