“Blown Away”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Mississauga, Canada
“Blown Away”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Being our second time and staying a few days we booked at the Residence Inn. The pictures made it out to be a very comfortable place. I have to say from my first step into the room it was right out of the picture. The bed was comfortable, the kitchenette was great. The property and staff were beyond helpful and accommodating.

We checked of we could get a room by the pool, without hesitation ours was located right behind it. The pool and hot tub were great as well. And the whole facility is very accessible and compliant for people with mobility needs. Lifts for the pool and hot tub, everything located on the ground floor. Very impressive to me in my line of work.

I have to say we have found our go to hotel next time we are in town. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Ground floor room helps from carrying bags to the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Christin W, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
BryanA78,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! Our team here at the Residence Inn works very hard to create a home away from home for our guests. It is always great to hear stories about how we were able to meet those expectations for our guests. I will be sure to share this with our team as the kind words will bring true meaning to the work we do each day!

Many Thanks,

Christin Warren- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Barrie, Ontario
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We love the Marriott brand! We stayed at five different accommodations on our recent vacation. The Marriott was our last overnight stay before returning home and I said to my husband, "You know this is going to be the best hotel out of the bunch!" and yes, I was right! I love all the available counter space in the kitchen and the bathroom vanity. Not all hotels have a vanity and so I really appreciated this. The only negative would be the separate toilet/shower area. It could have been a bit larger and I felt kind of cramped. Not sure if reno's are in the near future but if this part could be made larger, that would be great! It gets really hot in the washroom after having a shower and I wasn't sure if that timer knob outside the door was the bathroom fan. I didn't want to turn on the fireplace by accident. Perhaps a little sign beside this knob would be helpful. The beds were comfy. The outdoor pool and hot tub was awesome - it had a condo-resort feel sitting out on the padded chairs next to a water fountain. A couple guests were barbecuing on their big outdoor grills. The ambiance was great. The front desk staff and the pool maintenance guy were nice and friendly.Thanks for being a hotel we can always count on for excellence!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Killingworth, Connecticut
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The 2 bedroom suite is very small, there is one bedroom off of each side of the living room. The doors to the bedrooms are glass covered with a sheer curtain so there is no privacy. The beds themselves are extremely hard and very uncomfortable. The couch pulled out to a bed, which our kids did use but there were not enough pillows or bedding, luckily we had one pillow in the car. The bathroom was extremely small. Breakfast was part of the room fee, the main area they had it in off of the main lobby was extremely small. People were polite but everyone was in each others way, there was no room to maneuver through the line, Styrofoam plates, and the food was not good. The hotel is about 15 minutes from Syracuse University which was the reason we were there. I definitely will rethink staying at a Residence Inn. Very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank VitoDog18
Christin W, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is disappointing to hear that your stay with us was less than enjoyable. Our goal is to ensure that each our guest leaves feeling satisfied with their experience here. To address your concern about the smallness of the room, our two bedroom suites are among the largest rooming accommodations in the area but I sincerely apologize that it did not meet the needs of your family. I also appreciate your feedback concerning the breakfast and will take into consideration the plated option as that is a great recommendation. Our buffet is a full buffet with a wide variety of offerings and I agree that something other than a styrofoam option would be a great addition!

Again, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts as we take great pride in always improving!

Christin Warren
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here with her parents and our dog (yes dog-friendly was one of the reasons we picked this hotel).
We opted for a 2-bedroom suite which suited the 5 of us quite nicely. Since we didn't want to leave the dog in the room while we went for dinner, we got take-out at several of the excellent restaurants within walking distance (more on that later).
The hotel is actually a collection of 2-story standalone units. We were on the upper level which posed a bit of a challenge for my father-in-law who walks with a cane (there are no elevators).
Despite the very close proximity to the highway (we could see it from our room), the room was extremely quiet at night. Also the air conditioner units are outside on the lower level, so we couldn't hear those either.
There is a full kitchen (typical of the Residence Inns) which we appreciated since we dined in each of our 3 nights.
There was a social hour 2 of our 3 nights (they only offer this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6-7:30). The food was nothing to get excited about, but we enjoyed the free beer and wine (boxed). We sat outside by the pool with our beverages where we were allowed to bring our dog.
Breakfast was pretty much your standard Residence Inn breakfast with the usual suspects including make-your-own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, fruit, bagels, yogurt and so on. Coffee was available in the lobby anytime we wanted.
Front desk staff were friendly and accommodating (provided us with printed directions to the Destiny mall).
The grounds are well kept with lots of flowers and shrubs.
We had take-out food from Grimaldi's (Italian) and Justin's Tuscan Grill (Italian flare, but with traditional North American options). Of the 2 we preferred Grimaldi's although you can't go wrong with either one. There is also a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance as well, but the menu contains a bit too much fried food for our liking.
The hotel is very close to major highways (we seem to have been on 81 and 90 a fair bit).
All in all, a very good experience. We'll certainly consider staying here again if we're in Syracuse.

Room Tip: Consider lower level if you find stairs challenging - there is no elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here forever, felt very happy about it. But this now needs some company love and redoing. It's getting dated and smelly. No smoking rooms are laughable as the smell of the last inconsiderate smokers work hits you in the face when you walk in the door of your room. I'm afraid I'm done here. If you smoke and ignore he rules, than inconsiderate people like you are obviously welcome here

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Christin W, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Mr. Watkins,
Thank you very much for your feedback. As a Marriott property, we take great pride in our guest’s voice so we can provide an exceptional level of service. It is unfortunate to hear that your stay with us with less than pleasurable. As a past guest who has had exceptional service at our property in the past, I would hope that you would realize that this was not typical occurrence and would not let this persuade your decisions with staying with us in the future. Although we do have a very strict no smoking policy, it is unfortunate that on a rare occasion someone may break those policies and a fine is assessed. Rest assured that if a room is found to be smoked in, a thorough cleaning is done to remove the odor. Again, I sincerely appreciate your feedback and assure you this was an isolated incident.
Dedham, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Right off highway.....great social hour....nice clean suites.....great staff....not far from all area has!!....make sure and try Destiny USA and downtown restaurants have a lot of variety and quality!

Room Tip: ask for upgrade when you can....only 2 floors but only no elevators!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Maryland suburbs of DC
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were spending a few nights with our high school senior during his final visit to SU before making his final college choice (Go SU!). Anyway, I really wanted a suite rather than a single room for the 3 of us, so booked a 2 bedroom suite.

The room was comfortable, the family had privacy, and the service was excellent. They had a decent free breakfast-- hot eggs, waffles, etc, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, etc.

When I booked this, I would have preferred to stay in downtown Syracuse but chose this due to cost. It turns out this is a really short drive so unless you need to visit your room during the day, I recommend East Syracuse as an alternative, cheaper location for a visit to SU.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family