“Great Staff!!!”

Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed here to attend a three and a half week class at Syracuse University. The staff that works here are very friendly and helpful. The room was perfect for a long stay, there was a kitchen, microwave, dishwasher and full size fridge and pots, pans and utensils. The room also had a fire place.
We had free wi-fi, a free laundry facility and a little gym. The rooms were clean and had a tasteful modern decor. I would recommend this place to anyone. There is a free breakfast everyday, and a social hour in the lobby three times a week.
There are restaurants within walking distance near this hotel, to include Ruby Tuesdays.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room that is not located by the AC units. Also try to avoid rooms by the BBQ and b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
RISYR, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you very much for posting feedback about your stay with us. It was nice to have you along with the rest of your class for those three and a half weeks.

Matt

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle

Reviewed April 21, 2012

My daughters and I arrived close to 10 PM on 4/19. We were greeted with a smile and gracious welcoming. Since we were using points for our stay, the girls could pick a treat from their mini-market. Instead of one to share, they were allowed one each - Very kind. We've never stayed in a property like this where everyone has outside entry. We stay in 813, a first floor suite. Queen size bed with a sofabed plus a very respectable small full kitchen: large fridge with freezer, stove, dishwasher, etc. Very attractive set-up. Our room was handicapped accessible so space was wide. Bathroom door liked to swing all the way open when not closed, but otherwise extremely comfortable for the three of us. Complimentary breakfast was more expansive than many other hotels - The usual cold cereals, oatmeal, and waffle maker, but there were 4 hot dishes plus fresh fruit salad, apples, oranges, blackbottom muffins . . . Plenty for a variety of tastes. If the need to return to the NY State Fairgrounds ever comes up again, we'll be back (9.3 mi. away)

Room Tip: I usual don't like the idea of staying on a lower floor, but we had no problems and felt quite s...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
RISYR, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and compliments. We are very happy to hear your enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back with us!

Matt M.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed here for one night unexpectedly (flight problems), and we would've loved to stay another night. Two bedrooms with a living room in the middle and a wood-burning fireplace! (We didn't use it, but it looks like others had--don't know where they got the wood.) The hotel is VERY quiet at night, and the beds were very comfortable. Bathroom counter space was a little cramped, but that's the only negative thing I can say. Front desk was very helpful in recommending places to eat (there are half a dozen within walking distance), including offering a coupon to one of the nearby restaurants. Also close to the airport. Terrific place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
RISYR, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear CrabberWheels,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry you weren't able to take advantage of the fireplace. We do offer firelogs at our front desk so you are aware if and when you stay with us again.

We value your feedback and hope you get the opportunity to stay at our hotel again next time you are in the Syracuse area.

Kind Regards,

Matt Muserlian

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Very nice stay here. The hotel was clean and I had a full kitchen so I could cook my own meals. Rooms are quite large and the bed was very comfortable. Well worth the price.

Room Tip: Try to get a rook not facing the New York state thruway on ramp.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My family stayed here for one night. We were visiting Syracuse University. Kathy at the front desk was so nice and engaging. She showed a true interest in the reason for our visit, she know alot about the university, and talked to my child about her interest in syracuse. We had a two bedroom suite, and it was really nice. The decor was great, and I loved the color scheme. The breakfast the next morning was very good as well. I would highly recommend for a stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
RISYR, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words in your review. We appreciate you sharing your feedback, especially your compliments to Kathy. She is very appreciative. We have an amazing team here that genuinely cares about our guests.

Best Regards,

Matt Muserlian

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I travel a lot for work and I have never wrote a review about any of the hotels I have stayed at. I have stayed her a handful of times for work and it is always the same, in a good way. The staff is so helpful with making copies, answering questions or whatever I need. Great for business. The rooms are spacious and clean. I left an expensive projector in my room that belongs to my company, I called and the staff was very helpful in finding the projector and keeping it there for me until my assistant can go and pick it up. Just to note, I was planning on writing this review before I had even realized I left the projector in the room, them being so nice and keeping me updated as they located the projector was the icing on the cake. If you do stay and want a good place for dinner, Joey's Italian restaurant just around the circle is very good, I have ate there about 4 or 5 times and it has been very good each time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg M
RISYR, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Greg,

Thank you so much for writing this review and providing valuable feedback. We greatly appreciate the kind words. We hope to see you back here soon.

Matt M.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here several years ago and vowed not to return until they renovated. Now newly renovated and much improved. This is an older style Residence Inn with exterior entrances to the suites. Staff was much friendlier and helpful than the last time I stayed.

Room Tip: Rooms on front side of building are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business