“Fantastic Hotel, Amazing Food-Loved It!!!”

Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fantastic Hotel, Amazing Food-Loved It!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here twice recently--once in March 2011 and again in June 2011 (since the March stay was so wonderful!) The Residence Inn Syracuse is recently renovated and has lovely, luxurious looking rooms--spacious sitting area, nice flatscreen tv on a great stand that can easily be swiveled to view from the sitting area or bed, very comfortable bed, great kitchen area. Plenty of space and comfortable seats and bed make it a very nice stay!

The staff was incredibly friendly & helpful on both stays--very courteous and clearly wanted to make sure my stay was excellent.

The hotel has great social events--Wednesdays feature "The BBQ"--where food is set out in the social/breakfast area during dinner time (6-7:30). My June 2011 stay coincided with "The BBQ," and I found generous portions of hot dogs, baked beans, macaroni salad, spring mix salad, freshly-cut watermelon, potato chips, & condiments (including fresh-cut lettuce, tomatoes, & onion for hot dogs). Also, canned soft drinks and beer are also provided. All is complimentary!!! I believe Mondays feature a pizza night, so be sure to check what is available for the nights you are booking!

Breakfast is great, with plenty of both hot & cold options--cereal, oatmeal, muffins, toast, bagels, fruit, yogurt, freshly made fruit/yogurt/granola parfaits (delicious!!), waffle machine, and hot options (daily feature of scrambled eggs, potato hash, etc.)

Although I did not use the pool, there is a lovely outside area with seating near the pool. Also, the hotel is conveniently located near the airport, and the hotel/restaurant area in which it is located means that a few restaurants, including a very nice Ruby Tuesday's are just an easy 2 minute walk from the front door.

I love this hotel!! I will absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
RISYR, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear RaleighTraveler28,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. We greatly appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your most recent trips. We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Turkish first
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

During our 10-day stay at Residence Inn Syracuse, NY, my 4-yr old contracted strep AND fifth disease AND roseola. The room was never vacuumed and never restocked even when we made the requests to the manager. Our family travels a lot and this was by far the worst hotel stay in my life.
The staff was so unprofessional and the room was DANGEROUSLY filthy. I wonder if this is violation of some health code. Do not put your family or yourself at risk by staying at this hotel. This hotel should be out of business.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
RISYR, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, May 15, 2011
I apologize for the poor experience you encountered while staying at our hotel. I expressed my sincere apology to you that morning we spoke during your stay. In fact, that morning we had our suite attendant go back to your room to vacuum and made sure they did so the remainder of your stay. In addition, our Housekeeping Supervisor checked your room during the remainder of your stay and even personally asked your husband if everything was alright, which he responded that it was. Again, this is no excuse for the room not being serviced properly from the beginning. For that, I am truly sorry.

I would like to inform you and everyone reading this post that we are a very clean hotel. We have guest cleanliness scores just below 90% for the year to date. We believe this was an isolated incident and again can't express enough how sorry we are.

I have attempted to contact you twice during your stay after we spoke in person. I left two voicemails to follow up to make sure things had been improved and tried to offer proper compensation. I will reach out to you again, but unfortunately I understand the damage has been done.

If anyone reading this is thinking of staying at our hotel and has concerns based on this guests response, please don't hesitate to reach out to me by calling the hotel and asking to speak with the General Manager.

Thank you for the feedback as we strive to always do better in all areas for our guests.

Kind Regards,

Hotel General Manager
315-432-4488 ext. 3000
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

Recently spent three nights here with three friends, as were were in town for the Women's national bowling tournament. Although the location seems to be in an older industrial area, the street that this hotel is on is surrounded by many other hotels and a few restaurants. It was very quiet for being as close to the tollway as it was.
The front desk staff was prompt and allowed us to choose either a first or second floor suite. The room was very nice - clean and bright with windows on two sides. A full size refrigerator and microwave, along with dishes, glasses and silverware were very appreciated since we kept accumulating left-overs from the restaurants we ate at! Furniture is all relatively new - sort of a "retro" theme which looks nice.
Breakfast was good, when we had a chance to eat. Scrambled eggs, a potato/onion/pepper/sausage hash, bagels, muffins, yogurt with granola, fruit, toast, juices, etc. The attendant in the breakfast area was very nice and when we said we would be up too early for breakfast the second two days, she encouraged us to take whatever we wanted back to the room and that she could help us in any way early the next mornings, as she would be on shift at that time.
The only noise we encountered were from the people walking around upstairs from us in the bedroom areas - creaky floors. Not much that can be done about that.
Otherwise, we had no issues and enjoyed our stay here. It was my first time to a Residence Inn and I will surely consider using them for more trips in the future!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

I had to go to New York for a few days and was looking for a good place with kitchen amenities. This hotel served me well though the service was not something to talk about. The breakfast offered was just about ok to survive. However, I didn't complain much as it was right for me to visit the nearby businesses and conduct my business. Overall a good place but service and breakfast can be made better.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stayed here with my husband, parents and our 17-month-old for 2 nights in March 2011. This particular Residence Inn has signs that it is an older hotel that has been recently renovated. There are several buildings with a few suites in each-- we were lucky to have a room located close to the main building, albeit on the 2nd floor. There are no elevators, so request a ground-floor room if you have heavy luggage...

I really have no complaints about this hotel, it's your typical Residence Inn: Full kitchen and amenities in the room, decent hot breakfast, exercise room (small, but functional), outdoor pool and basketball/activity court. Our room was kept clean and the facilities are well-kept.

Location is right off of the highway, though located a few miles away from downtown Syracuse (which could be good or bad depending on your needs). There are a few chain-type restaurants close by, but you have to drive a little way to get to more local places. Anything you could need is within a couple miles, though.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Laurens, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

When we arrived, there was construction going on in the lobby. When we entered the room there were several cleanliness issues including a wastebasket trusty had not been emptied, a table with crumbs on it and a cooking surface that was dirty. when we mentioned ruses concerns to the person at the check-in counter, she acted like it was not a big deal. Later when we returned, we tried to use the security lock, it did not work. We called the check-in desk desk to report the problem and she tried to tell us we were not using it properly. She did send someone up to show us how to use it. The custodial person who came tried the lock several times without success. No one ever apologized for any of the problems. we did email the hotel and the person who responded (the assistant manager) asked what we would like for our problems. I answered -another night's stay. Here response was that was not a solution. Awe could digest have 5,000 points or $25 credit. It was very disappointing as we have always had good luck with Marriott Hotels. I would also note that the breakfast serving and eating area were small for the size of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Astoria, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

I felt the hotel could use some help with cleanliness. I understand these older Residence Inn's have some issues based on age, but they should still be completely clean.

I always try to choose a hotel that includes a good breakfast, this breakfast exceeds many other hotels, but is not up to par with any other Residence Inn I've stayed at.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was amid a lot of competition.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
RISYR, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We have undergone some housekeeping management changes and have since conducted some more thorough housekeeping training. We have seen a significant improvement in our housekeeping inspections as well as guest feedback.

I would like to invite you back to our property and hopefully give us another chance. We have an entirely new management team that took over in October. I'm the new General Manager and we have a new Assistant General Manager. Please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Matt Muserlian- General Manager (matt.muserlian@marriott.com)
Christin Thomson-Assistant General Manager (christin.thomson@marriott.com)