“Great Breakfast Cooked to Order”

Regatta Bar & Grille
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Breakfast Cooked to Order”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My eggs were done to perfection, and I loved the multi-grain toast. I did not eat the buffet and did eat eggs cooked to order twice during the four days I was there. That should tell you something, because I am picky how my eggs are prepared.

“Worse than average”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Interesting, because the conference catering in the hotel was excellent, so we expected a good meal from the Regatta, but were disappointed. My mistake for trying to recreate the Dinosaur BBQ brisket choice: the brisket with the Dinosaur sauce was good, but everything else on the plate was mediocre, including the salt potatoes! How could that be? Husband had the salmon special which I liked, but he thought was too sweet (apple, honey, rosemary sauce). However, the award winning Maker's Mark Cheesecake was definitely a delicious choice. Good service and friendly staff.

Auburn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Your Average Bar & Grill”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everyone enjoyed the breakfast buffet on the day we left. There were a lot of choices and had things for everyone's taste. We didn't hear any complaints from anyone who had the buffet. The sandwich we had for lunch the day before is a different story. It was soggy and not on the type of bread described in the menu. The house-made potato chips weren't very good either. We ended up throwing most of it out. So between the two meals it was just an average place in our book.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Buffet... Great Service!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband, 2 daughters (5&7), and I stayed at the Double Tree and had dinner at the Regatta Grille. After looking over the menu & looking over the Prime Rib Buffet options we all decided on the buffet. There was something for everyone... soup, salad, pasta (with 3 different sauces), potatoes, vegetables, fried chicken, pork ribs, Prime Rib, and dessert! I didn't have any prime rib, but I did have the chicken... lots of flavor. My girls (who eat like birds normally) enjoyed the salad, bread, pasta, ribs, & dessert! My husband had the Prime Rib along with other options... then more Prime Rib for dessert! Dishes were quickly picked up when we were done with them. Service was fantastic!

• Visited May 2013
Watertown, New York
“Modern Decor, Very Clean, Food Average”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a romantic dinner for two in early April. Pictures of the Regatta Bar and Grille looked inviting and we had previously checked out their online menu so we went there. There were three areas to sit. The first was in the bar area, the second was an adjoining area with no barrier to the bar and the third a dining area that represented the pictures I had seen on the website. It was cozy, warm and away from the bar. It was also was a room that was elevated from the other two with three surrounding walls so that it cold be more remote. We were placed in the middle dining area that was very loud with all of the Flat Screens and hooting that goes on in a sports bar. I longed to go into the third room that was more intimate and better decorated (in my opinion) . I wish I had been more forward and asked.. The menu was very simple and disappointing. All I can think is that they must have more than one menu because this was nothing like what I saw online on their personal web page.. We ended up ordering steaks that were grilled to our liking however I am not sure they were previously marinated. We were invited to a salad bar that had some fresh salads and some wilted stuff. All in all I was very disappointed with the seating and food but i have to give it three stars because I believe that tidiness and cleanliness are important and they certainly had both..

• Visited April 2013