“Spectacular service and good value” 4 of 5 stars

(315) 432-0200
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
toronto
“Spectacular service and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed this restaurant very much after a mediocre stay at the adjoining hotel. We had the breakfast buffet, which was very good and mostly house prepared. The omelette was exceptional, and fresh salsa surprisingly tasty. Our waitress was simply wonderful and accommodating to our two rambunctious boys.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank cantripper3000

Syracuse, New York
“Horrible Sunday Buffet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

When I called to make reservations, the hostest told me I might want to come earlier becaue they close down the buffet around noon. We arrived at 11. The food was COLD and many items on the buffet steam table were empty (and never replaced). the cook for the omellettes/waffles, etc. was not to be seen. Hedid show up after a 15 minute wait. This was a waste of $15.00 per person!!!!! This restaurant (inside the Doubletree hotel) used to have a fantastic Sunday brunch buffet. sorry to say that is no longer the case.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ninjas2
Manlius, NY
“Sunday Brunch with Friends & Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

On a buget you can still enterain out of town guests with style. A sunday bruch at the Regatta is an elegant way to start your day. Very friendly staff who bring a pot of coffee and leave it at your table. A must for us coffee drinkers. Buffet was small but well stocked. Eggs benedict, which were yum!!! to an omlet chef. Hot and cold cereal, pasteries to rolls, potatoes and of course bacon! Lots of fruit and yogurt choices too. When I inquired about the potato pancakes, that were at another table, the waitress told me of their location and promptly brought me a platefull! It was a lovely experience and will definitly return.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank MsKarenNY
Central NY State
“If only we knew...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

My wife and I made reservations for dinner for December 30, 2010. I requested a nice table that would be off to the side and a little more intimate.

When we arrived on time for our reservation, we were offered the last table left in a busy bar area dining room. It appeared that they had no intention of using the main dining area immediately adjacent to the bar area. I informed the hostess of my reservation request - the manager on duty reluctantly seated us in the main dining room. So for all intents and purposes, it was quiet and intimate. Our waitress brought us menus in a timely manner. When we asked, we were informed that there were no specials that evening; boy, did they hit the nail on the head!

Our salad had pieces of wilted lettuce in it, our steaks were thin and not cooked as ordered, and our baked potatoes were definitely re-heated - dried out with some black inside the potato. My wifes' steak was over cooked, mine was under cooked. My wife left hers well enough alone but I asked for mine to be cooked a little more - a little more didn't mean dried out, charred, and leathery. When we told our waitress about our potatoes, she apologized and offered us mashed potatoes instead - "our mashed potatoes are very good!" as she put it. They basically came in tea cups without handles and were just plain bland. We asked to see the manager and told him of our less than pleasant dining experience. He told us that they really didn't have a priority on serving dinners that evening; that they were "gearing up for the New Years Eve bashes tomorrow night". Lucky us! If your not going to do dinner right, why do it at all? IT'S YOUR BUSINESS! He offered us dessert on the house; at least it was good.

All in all, it was about the worst dining experience we've ever had. It was the worst $70.00 that we ever spent on a meal. And to be honest, we told the manager on duty that we understood and would not contact the general manager of the restaurant about our bad experience, but 2 months later, this experience is still gnawing at us....

• Visited December 2010