“Way over-priced for portion and quality, but server was great”
Review of Mixer's Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mixer's Grill
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We treated family adult to dinner last night at this restaurant. Àlthough the wait staff were very accommodating in allowing all 10 of us to sit at round table, the food had extremely small portions and did not seem to be that good. I had 6 smallish shrimp, substituted a veggie for the rice and a table salad made with iceberg lettuce for $16.95.. My husband was equally disappointed with his talipia.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stopped in for a few beers and a couple appetizers. We sat at the bar, which had great positioning of the TVs to catch a game and were greatly warmly by Shawn, the daytime bartender. They had a nice selection of beers on tap and a variety of good sounding items on their menu. We had the hummus with grilled bread and the stuffed mushrooms, both were excellent. Shawn was very attentive and great to chat with. We will be stopping again and are looking forward to sampling other items off their menu.

2  Thank Greg C
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were there on a Tuesday night. Drinks were excellent and generous. The food was all that we anticipated and more.Excellent service from the bartender, Susie and the rest of the serving staff. Kudos to Jeff Mix and his staff. Hope this becomes a great success. We will certainly return.

2  Thank ConnieM_1966
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went to Mixer's Grill after work on a Friday at 4:30pm. The bar was full but as far as I could see we were the only group seated ordering dinner. There were 6 of us in our group and we order drinks and an appetizer to start. Happy hour was buy one get one bar pours and I ordered bourbon and diet coke there was very little alcohol in my drinks. Two of us in our party including myself ordered pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. The waitress asked me how I would like mine cooked? I said done and thought it was an odd question (not a huge meat eater) however by the advice of my friends they told me to order it medium well and it was fine that way and less dry so I did. When our meals came out first off the bacon was just placed on top of the meat not wrapped as the menu stated. The meat was good, very tender and charbroiled, which gave it a great taste. The other person who had ordered the pork started eating it and found that some of it was steak?? When we mentioned it to the waitress she said she would bring her manager over. Not only did he never come over she came back to the table to inform us that we were incorrect because her manager was the one who cooked our meals?? Not being a huge meat eater upon cutting into my second piece of meat I noticed it was much to rare for me. Both my friend and myself took the meat home and both of our husbands said it was steak as well. It was good but there was just a question of it being beef or pork. We all ordered desserts; they were small for the price and I ordered chocolate peanut butter pie which had that icky refrigerator taste. Over all the meal was eatable but we all said we would probably not return. I think the thing that bothered us most is that the manger never came over to the table. Instead he just sent the waitress over to do his or her job. I wish them luck and hope maybe they can get it together but unfortunately with all the competition in the area first impression is very important.

3  Thank ChrisClay_NY
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I always wondered why a restaurant never made it on that corner; one would think it to be an ideal location. We stopped in there one of the first nights that they opened. We went to the bar as we waited for another couple to show. The two ladies tending bar were not very friendly and the bar didn't have any form a "happy hour" on Fridays we were told; but yet we overhead another bartender tell another couple that they did! We kept it simply with just ordering beers. I couldn't tell if one of the bartenders was using her smart phone to look up a drink mixture or text someone; either way it was not very professional. While drinking our beverages we asked and looked at the menu and quite honestly, there was nothing on there that really excited either of us. So we called our friends who had not arrived and put Plan B into action; meet somewhere else.

1  Thank Burke55