“Average all around”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This should really be a 3 star anywhere else, but being one of the "better" places in the area I've bumped it to 4 stars.

Food was alright: large portions, a bit on the rich/salty side. Pastas were okay. Not a memorable dinner but not disappointing either.

Service was slow: this place looks like it gets busy, don't expect prompt service. Took a full 10 minutes to get a glass of wine.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Couldn't be more average so that's what it got. The food was ok, the service ok and the wine ok. I was very surprised to get a glass of rose instead of red wine when I ordered the house garnacha (which was not advertised as "gris") but the waiter told me that I was wrong (which is always interesting). Not worth an argument though. The rose was ok but definitely nothing to write home about but as one of the house wines hopefully reasonably priced (I did not see the final check). My main course was one of the specials. It came with a free salad which was your typical shake out of a bag onto your plate with premade dressing special. The entree itself was a forgettable beef dish. The veggies on the side were ok. If it would not have been for the company, I think this may have been a completely forgettable meal. Some of my colleagues had the tuna which looked really overcooked.
I would not eat there again, as a matter of fact, for the remaining four days, I preferred getting take out from Wegman's or even a lean cuisine microwavable meal (yes, definitely also nothing to write home about) over this mediocre fare. Not sure why people would think the place is elegant, it's a bit run down looking, slightly scuffed, slightly less clean that you'd like sort of place. If you're looking for a great meal in Syracuse, this is definitely not the place, but if you're up for an average sort of meal, this may be just your thing.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We enjoyed a lunch with a group celebration for business. The room was bright even on a rainy afternoon. Very attentive service fromstart to finnish. Nice presentation and delicious food. I would highly recommend this spot to celebrat a special occasion with a group.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Justin's Grille many times in the past and they never disappoint !! Atmosphere and decor; food and service ... always top notch. Great restaurant for weddings...

Reviewed May 24, 2013

my wife and I have started a Friday Nite golf/dinner routine with our friends, Jerry & Becky....went to Justins, had steaks, chicken and swordfish special.....awesome! service was very good, not pushy at all, dinners were excellent, as was dessert!....definitely recommended....great meal