“Would go back”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We visited Justin's on a Friday evening around 6PM. We were promptly seated and saw that there was a wedding going on. Those involved helped fill the bar area, but we went right to a table. Right next to us was a empty (but not for long) table set up for about 14. Our server Ashley was at the table within minutes. She explained the "specials" and took our drink order. When she returned with our drinks we were ready to order. In about 3 minutes (I do keep track) she returned with extremely warm bread and rolls with a soft whipped butter. Again about 3 minutes elapsed and we had our house salads ($4 extra). My wife enjoyed hers, my "thousand island dressing was not made in the traditional sense in any way. It was ok for me, but only ok.
She had the grilled salmon and I the sea scallops. Hers was delicious though I only was afforded a small bite. My scallops were perfectly done. I returned the small bite favor and she liked it as well.
The entries here run between $13 and $28 and the menu on the website appeared to be the same as the restaurant.
The only negatives I could have, as stated in some other reviews we did notice fruit flies on occasion, but not a constant irritation. Also I thought I would have had some else with the meal other than just the scallops and baked potato. No vegatables or garrnish.
The service provided by Ashley was absolutely top notch. The entrees were prepared perfectly. We both said that we would return at another time. With all that was going on in the restaruant I was really impressed with the speed and accuracy.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I remember going here 2 years ago and having one of the best steak dinners ever! Fast forward to last Tuesday, I had the WORST!! It is now Justin's "Tuscan" grill which would imply an Italian flair but I wished I had gone to Grimaldi's next door instead. Our waiter was not very versed in the specials--had to "check and get back to us" 4 times while taking our order--it was just my husband and myself. We sat is a back booth near the bar--the seats were not very clean, both our forks had souvenirs of the previous users on it, the menus were filthy, and there was an abundance of fruit flies keeping us company. I asked for a glass of house cabernet (he didn't know the name of it but I wanted to eliminate trip #5 for him to check....) and it had fruit fly in it doing the back float....I passed on it and requested water. Our steaks arrived and there was minimal, if any, seasoning on them. Very disappointed overall in an establishment that I used to highly recommend to friends and business associates.

1  Thank andrea a
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were staying at courtyard Marriott so before we went checked out dining near there before leaving Canada. On CNY.com there was a coupon for discounted prime rib for $15.95 but when making a reservation asked about it and the manager said there was no offer and must say is attitude was not great instead of appreciating this info and thanking me for it he seemed ticked off.Any way we went for supper there and decided to have Italian.First of all its all boxed pasta no fresh made pasta so the bar was set a little lower then we also had Caesar salad which was one of the poorest ones I have had with hard box like croutons this place I think is geared more for wedding party's etc.. since people walked through restaurant right by our table instead of a different area of reception.. Picture of coupon that was not excepted added in this review

Reviewed September 11, 2012

For an upscale looking place, the food was reasonably priced - nice entrees from about $15 to $20. One dining area is nicely modern, or you can sit in the bar area and watch some sports. I'll go back the next time I am in town. This place is right next to the E. Syracuse Hampton Inn and a half mile or less from the Garden Inn and DoubleTree.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Really ejoyed my starter of greens with peppers, my drunken steak wasn't the best cut of meat but was cooked exactly how I'd asked. The fruit flies were annoying and my cheesecake wasnt nice, straight out of a packet with too much compote. Overall not a bad place for a solo business dinner but I wouldn't bring my wife!