“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Ottawa
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Their menu selection in terms of noodles was small. They did not even have Shanghai noodles which is a staple at most Chinese restaurants. Therefore we ordered the Singapore style noodles. The portion size is huge. 2 people could share 1 order. This is what we should have done since my husband barely touched his order. What a waste. Threw out virtually the entire portion. Don't think he was crazy about the taste. Definitely not the best Singapore style noodles I have had. Also, a bit on the expensive side at about $10 per dish. I guess given the portion size perhaps not but if it tasted better it would be more worth it.

Utensils - not included in the bag. There is a stand near the counter where the customer has to remember to pick them up and put it in the bag. I thought that was there for people who were going to stay to eat the meal there. So when I got to the hotel I had no utensils to eat with. :(

Nice touch is that they offer free ice tea in one of those big coolers. So you can have a cool drink while you wait. Also, they included a free eggroll. Nice little surprise. Yummy too.

Gross factor: on the way out by the door, there is a pipe which seems to be dripping brown fluid whereby they have put a bucke there to catch it. Made me wonder about the cleanliness of the restaurant.

Given all the positive reviews for this restaurant, I was a bit disappointed with the menu selection and the taste of the meal that I had ordered...

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars

East Syracuse, New York
“Best Chinese take out on east side.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I keep trying other places and I always come back.

My father is not a ethnic food person. Itialian is as close as you get.. He loves the General Tau's

I like just about anything. The veggie egg rolls are good.