“Great Place for Lone Traveler”

Grimaldi's Luna Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Staying at one of the many hotels on this strip and was not happy about my meal options....but Grimaldi's received great reviews so I thought I would try it out.

Really nice staff. Made me comfortable as a lone female having dinner by myself. Intimate atmosphere with equal amount of large parties and small.

My side ceaser salad was amazing. The dressing they make in house, I asked. My pasta was good. Not really an Italian girl so ate mostly the sauce. If I had eaten it all you would have had to roll me out of here.

Definitely reccomend for lone travelers and groups alike.

1  Thank Katte12345
There are newer reviews for Grimaldi's Luna Park

Reviewed January 6, 2011

First time here and loved it. We were looking for a good meal and had our two children with us and all loved it. The ceasar salad was great and so was the lobster bisque. The waiter actually suggested it when I passed on the house salad and boy was I glad. We both had the chicken french and it was good. Only complaint was the pasta side it was served with was unexciting. We both wished we had been offered to have a linguine or angel pasts hair with the chicken french served on top of it as we could have enjoyed the great french sauce. At the end of the meal they bring a large plate of cotton candy to share. Very good!!

Reviewed January 1, 2011

We were driving through Syracuse on the way to Niagara Falls and stopped for a night at the Embassy Suites. We were going to go to Nestico or Farncessco which was rated high on trip advisor- but they were not open. It was Sunday Dec 26th. We saw Grimaldi's in walking distance from our hotel. There are several hotel/restaurants in this corporate park area. The restaurant is cute mismatching napkins/flatware- nice atmosphere. I had a special- the waldorf chicken. My son had the linguini and clam sauce. My husband had the pork. My youngest two had the soup - one chicken and veggies and one beef and veggies. Everything was delicious- big portions. The bread and oil was also very good. We tried a few of their desserts which were wonderful. What was so cool-though is what they serve- I didn't see it on the menu so it must just come after dinner- Cotton Candy- it was fun! My kids loved it! The best part was the appetizer Utica Greens- WOW it was worth the visit just to try this dish. The service was excellent- very friendly. I'm glad the other restaurants we were planning on trying were closed!

1  Thank threecharm
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Was staying at the Marriott Courtyard in E.Syracuse and had intended to head for Dinosaur, but arrived tired and decided to eat near the hotel. Grimaldi's is literally next door. Service was attentive and friendly. I don't usually get enthused about bread but the kind served here is amazing as is the olive oil dip, not your usual spicing. Salad was average with nice house vinaigrette. It's not adventurous but I often choose veal parmigian if I'm unfamiliar with an Italian restaurant. As served here it was one of the best I've ever had, tender veal perfectly cooked, delicious sauce, accompanying ziti not just an afterthought. Highly recommended overall.

1  Thank Alman2af
Reviewed July 22, 2010

More casual than one realizes, quite a few regulars, not much of a wine list, but food is good, and service is pleasant. If you like Grandma-style food, go for the Utica greens, an escarole appetizer that's marvelous.