“Excellent pork shank osso bucco”
Review of McShane's Restaurant and Pub - CLOSED

McShane's Restaurant and Pub
Cuisines: American, German
“Excellent pork shank osso bucco”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have dined here twice while in the area. Their pork shank osso bucco is very tasty and tender. The gravy is one of the best gravies I've ever had. The dish is served on a patty of mashed potatoes that has been lightly deep fried so there is a crispy coating on it. Overall it is one of my most memorable meals and I wish I lived closer just for this dish. It is well worth the 20 minute wait.

Their trademark fried chicken is quite tasty and I would have it again. They use a spice mix that is flown in from friends in Germany, so the waitress told us. My only complaint was that it was a tad dry and perhaps overcooked.

The decor is pleasant and new but does not completely hide the fact that this is an older building.

• Visited October 2012

East Syracuse, New York
“I devoured...”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

my 1/2 Chicken in less than 5 minutes. (1. I was starving!!! 2. It was so damn good!!!) Last time I went there I tried their Osabucco (sp?) When I put that that huge piece of hot meat into my mouth I almost fell outta my chair!!! It was like sex in my mouth!!!! The bar always seems busier than the restaurant when I've gone there but, for me, that just adds to the atmosphere!!!

• Visited September 2012
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Good value and close to hotels by Carrier Circle”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice restaurant appears to be recently updated. Reasonable prices and good service. Very fast service and quality food. The chicken is like A+++

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Shaun_SWO
Waldorf, Maryland
“Best Pub I've ever been to!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was definately the best pub I've been to in 25 years of travel. The food was great and the atmosphere was outstanding. After my first vist I was on a first name basis with the owner and her staff (family). Cindy runs a friendly establishment and everyone there were regulars. I was in town on business for 5 nights and we were at McShanes every night. By-the-way, did I mention that the food was outstanding. The steak, half chicken, and wings were my favorites and the prices can't be beat. If you are in Syracuse and you miss McShanes, you are missing out on a treat.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ceka92
Pennsylvania
“GREAT FOOD & GOOD VALUE !!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A little pub close to hotels on Carrier Circle. We arrived as staff was getting ready tro close the restaurant though the bar area stays open later. They told us not ot worry and served us any way and did not rush us. We had a restaurant.com coupon which the waitress cheerfully accepted. My hysband has a steak with blue chees topping and I had the osso bucco. My grandson had the kids menu sliders. Our food was excellent and very enjoyable. The chef came out of the kitchen to welcome us and inquire as to how are meals were. Desserts are not made there but are purchased from a local backery. Good but not excellent. Our waitress was so very pleasant and made a fuss over our 8 year old grandson. Made him feel special. We would return to this restaurant in a heart beat if we are ever in the area and recommend it to everyone.

Visited August 2012