“will never stay here again!!!!! this place is worse then a dump”
Review of Motel 6 Syracuse

Motel 6 Syracuse
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
trenton
“will never stay here again!!!!! this place is worse then a dump”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I'm writing this review as I stay in this hotel that says nice clean rooms. what a joke, Okay where do we start? we go to utica once a year and we stopped to get a room and after we payed for the room my wife says oh is there a bath tub? and the guy at the counter says Ummmmmm its a shower and has a tub but not sure if its a tub lol. we walk down the hall way and all we could smell was what stunk of cat Urine. we get in the room and the carpet was not vacumed. the bathtub was dirty the toilet was dirty. there was pube hairs in the bath tub. the tv worked like crap and if you saw the tv at a garage sale you could buy it for $10 the desk-dresser was missing pieces. some rooms it seems are people living here and when you walk by all you smell is cat or dog urine. the carpets are all stained. stains on the wall. the only thing that works is the a/c and I'm scared to look under the blankets. will we ever stay here again? thats a big NO. motel 6 has always said they are clean, well not this one. will be asking for a full refund in the morning or at least a 1/2 refund. and will be calling the company about this dump!!!!! and motel 6's site said the room we got is $41 on the site and when we got here it was $50 and the guy at the desk said it changed, i looked again and it hasent. there is no alarm clock no fridge, no microwave. 2 dirty chairs. dont waste your money or your time. Go to redroof inn. they are about $20 more and well worth the $20 extra.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank frostymeadow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Harpursville, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I booked a reservation at this location for Sept 4 was in the area to the New York State Fair ,I arrived at about 11:30 am paid for the room & was to p/u keys that night .i returned about 10:45 that evening got the key, drove to Wegmans to get some snacks returned to room opened the door the room was dirty & beds was unmade went to front desk to complain found out i was given the wrong room & moved me to another room that room they could not get the door to open i asked to get my money back they were hesitant at first but i was able to get my money back I booked a smoking room but they tried puttting me in a non smoking room i will not recomend this motel to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Once or twice a year, I sneak down to Syracuse to get away from Ottawa for a weekend . I like Syracuse and do a little shopping. I usually bring my dog with me and this motel is very dog friendly. It's not immaculate by any stretch of the imagination, so I am not concerned about everything my he touches or does int he room. I pick this hotel because it's close to the Thruway and not expensive. It's not clean, but the rooms are big, they get lots of natural light and it's inexpensive. Between the factory and freeway traffic, I wouldn't travel here with kids, but if you're looking for a cheap place to sleep, it works.

• Stayed November 2009
NorthEast
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Heater was broken (extreme heat then cold damp air made me sick),
Service was terrible (evening/night attendant (lady) didn't answer phone, was sleeping)
Rooms (no towels and rooms were not made 2nd day)
Rooms (non-smoking rooms smelled like smoke and people smoked heavily in the halls)
Hotel not safe inside (police came to break up a fight after two hours of fighting and people were using the hotel for semi-permanent lodging - personal stuff hanging around the hallways)
Hotel not safe outside (people that weren't guests were loitering the hotel and outside dark made it very unsafe - don't ever leave your belongings in the hotel).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Eddy, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2010

It was clean and served it's function. It had everything I needed for my 3 week stay.

Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We checked in for a rate of 40 a night. We reach our room to find only 1 pillow total on our two beds. I call down for more pillows and they are out and offer us towels instead! After all of this, they refuse to refund any of the price for the night.

• Stayed August 2007
ontario
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed at this motel with our 2 small dogs. Our room was situated on the ground floor with easy access to a nice grassed area from a patio door in the room. It was very convenient to take the dogs in and out. Their grass was cut and it was clean.

We would recommend this motel for anyone who is looking for a place that is inexpensive, conveniently located and pet friendly. The bathroom fixtures were older and a bit chipped, but they were clean. The rug had some stains in front of the patio door, but it had been vacuumed. The room was quiet at night, and the beds were clean and comfortable. We were able to park right in front of our room and load and unload the car through the patio doors.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
Red Roof Inn Syracuse
Red Roof Inn Syracuse
#18 of 32 in Syracuse
Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle
Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn
Quality Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle
Quality Inn Syracuse Carrier Cir...
#16 of 19 in East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle

Been to Motel 6 Syracuse? Share your experiences!