“Good Experience”
Review of Motel 6 Syracuse

Motel 6 Syracuse
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife an I stayed there last weekend 7/11-7/14/---13. The service was excellent. I have stayed there before and ran into some of the problems noted in prior reviews. I talked to the manager about it. I don't know if he is new or not but he told me if there was any problem at all to call the front desk. He said his people were trained to handle any problem and they would address it immediately..I talked to him about noise and weird parking lot goings on that I had experienced before . He told me that there was no tolerance for that and the perpetrators would be evicted and no money refunded. He sounded very sincere and spoke with confidence, He was a well dressed young man and there was no doubt to me that he was in charge and meant business. The rest of the staff was also very courteous and helpful I am sure. I will be staying there again. My room was done over and I had no problems. They have very reasonable rates compared to the rest of the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wish I could give a better review after their recent room do over, but Ive got to say that at the price they charge which is really inexpensive, they are still going to attract the locals that come for one of two things, smoking crack and sex and thats exactly what was happening in the room next to me the night I was there! I couldnt sleep!The coughing and hacking from the people from hitting a crack pipe was clearly evident to me and when i asked front desk to do something for I could get some sleep, nothing was done. Ended up turning up TV and turning on a fairly noisy fan in the bathroom. I tried and really wanted it to work out but come on now...Room was much improved from when last I stayed and only cause I have a dog that I do. GO NON Smoking and stop renting to obvious locals only there for 2 reasons. Thanks, oh and your late night front desk clerk was very good for check in, but so disappointed that he didnt kick those people out after my complaint!

Room Tip: Ask for non crack smoking section, I arrived too late for that I guess!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ScottyPullen
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were the road a week and stayed at a different place every night...this was by far the worst!
This place reeks of cigarette smoke from the moment you walk in the front door and are at the registration counter. There are non smoking signs everywhere in the hallways but it still smells of smoke. There were 8 of us traveling and we had two rooms,it appears the rooms have all been done over in the same manner and color scheme as another Motel 6 we stayed at but that other Motel 6 did not have the gross feel and smell to it as this one. In addition, I'm pretty sure there are homeless people living here. I understand the homeless need a place to stay and it's nice for the hotels to get some income from these situations, but when it affects your entire establishment, it's time to make some changes. Horrible experience, couldn't leave fast enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

And I've stayed in many (just look at my other posts).

First, the check in clerk didn't say anything other than my room number while checking me in. I was clearly a disturbance to his watching TV.

Second, the room he gave me did not have a working toilet, but did have a toilet with toilet paper in the bowl.

Third, gave me a new room, that had just been renovated. The flooring wasn't installed right and had bumps in the fake wood flooring. The hallway is dark and ugly with bright orange door frames and dirty flooring.

Fourth, the parking lot is full of potholes. Too many to count.

Fifth, when leaving, the door double locked me out of my room because (according to a friendly desk clerk) the locks were installed poorly and they set the deadbolt when closed (even if no one is in the room). It took two trips to get a maintenance person to open the door so I could get my last piece of luggage and flee the building.

The hotel is still being renewed, but it is going to take a lot more than what they are doing to bring this place up to even the lowest Motel 6 standards. Only redemption, very very cheap.

Room Tip: For best room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Arrived early for check-in. Front desk did not know if my room was ready yet but that they would check. Wanted to at least drop off my suitcase before going to the dog show site to set up. General Manager told me if room was not ready he would find space for my suitcase. Front desk lady came back and informed me my room was just finished. Because I have two dogs and my wife has a breathing problem she offered to go to my room and open the patio doors to make it easier for us. Told the rooms were being renovated this year. Will stay here next time I am in Syracuse

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

While this is an older property, it looks like some areas have been recently renovated. The staff is friendly and welcoming, everything is clean, quiet and comfortable, and they even have free coffee in the morning. We have a small (12 lb) dog who travels with us, so applaud the Motel 6 pet policy. It's always nice to save a few bucks, the other pet-friendly motel in the area was more than twice the cost. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

as motel rooms go, this one was one of the best, we have stayed in a lot of motel rooms, and we thought this one was great, We stayed in one where the paint was peeling mold was all over the place, this room was really nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites Syracuse Carrier Circle
Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn
Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle
Quality Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle
Quality Inn Syracuse Carrier Cir...
#16 of 19 in East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Motel 6 Syracuse? Share your experiences!