“Ok, on par with other motel 6s.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Syracuse

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Motel 6 Syracuse
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Montreal
“Ok, on par with other motel 6s.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Descent motel 6, room was clean, staff was friendly. They do need to start upgrading their rooms a bit, the tv is too small and doesn't rotate. Some newer motel 6s have flat screen, wall-mounted tvs. I travel with my dog so I've stayed at many motel 6s and for the price, it can't be beat. Just don't expect the Ritz and you'll be fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Spent the night here in July 2012. The room was non-smoking but the entire floor smelled of smoke. Sheets were clean, but the bathroom wasn't. There were hairs all over the shower and the ceiling of the shower was stained with something that looked like blood! There were four of us but there were only three towels. When we called and asked for a towel they said "Come and get it" Ok, so that tells you how helpful they were. When we asked about places to eat we were told that they were around, but no details or help there.
The room was OK for the price. I have paid more for less.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Calcium, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed one night and it served our purpose. The room was dated but clean. The staff was very friendly and location was relatively convenient. We would stay again. The price is what attracted us to this hotel and we were overall satisifed.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have sliding glass doors which border a parking lot...you may want to request seco...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Very basic but clean. It's just off carrier circle. If you need just a place to lay your head and don't have much money, this is the place. While your there order in something from Seniora. The best real Italian food.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank coretransport
Gosford, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

On our way through Syracuse we stopped here and all was pleasant. The girl at check in was nice and helpful, as was the girl at check out. Room was clean but you could tell it was pet friendly. Parking was right at your door. WiFi worked well and the shower/bath was very good. Bed was very comfy and had a good night sleep.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Score for the pool was a mistake, darn touch pads!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Churchville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I needed an inexpensive place to stay for the dog show in Syracuse NY. I was a bit worried after reading a couple of reviews of this property. I can say I was pleased with my stay except for the non smoking room had a stale smoky smell to it. There are sliding glass doors to the outside so I would suggest that they take out the ashtrays in the non smoking rooms. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I will certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Piacasso
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

I travel for work and had been staying here each week I came to Syracuse since January. This place was recommended to me by a colleague as I only needed it for a bed to sleep in for about 10 hours and a hot shower. I liked it because it was cost effective, a short distance from my employment as well as the thruway. They also allowed me to check in at 7:30am which was beneficial to me as I work nights at the local hospital. I had no problems for almost 2 months but then ran into 3 straight weeks with nothing but problems. I checked in after a shift at 0730 and overheard another guest mention how the lack of hot water was less than desirable. The staff member apologized and offered a refund (I don't know how much), I didn't think much of it as I figured it would be fixed before I had to get ready 10 hours later. However when I got up to get ready for work at 1700 I discovered there was no hot water still. Unfortunately there wasn't much that could be done at that point so I simply headed to the hospital. The next day the same thing happened and when I went to check out on my way to work that night I was asked if everything was okay. I advised the young lady at the desk that the no hot water had been a problem. She simply responded with "Yeah I know that it makes things difficult", I left and chalked it up to "stuff happens". The next week when I checked in I was told that the hot water heater was still broken but if I turned the hot water on to run it would warm up after a few minutes. That night I tried this and got nothing but ice cold water. When I checked out the lady at the desk again asked if everything was okay, I told her that "no this was the second week without hot water", her response to me was "It'll be fixed tomorrow". That's great for everyone else but did me no good, and I felt this was unacceptable as it had been at least 10 days with no hot water. After this visit I chose to contact coorporate, who provided me with a free night voucher. I used this the following week and if I hadn't had the voucher I wouldn't have stayed after checking in. Although the hot water was fixed, the room was disgusting. There was dried animal emesis on the carpet and behind the curtain was a used hospital sock (working at the hospital I'm pretty familiar with them) which showed that the room had not been properly cleaned. The sliding door to the parking lot didn't open in the room. I really was hoping that giving the place another chance would work out but "third strike and you're out" I can't see spending my money at a place like ths, especially when there are several others around.

Stayed March 2012
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse
Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle

Been to Motel 6 Syracuse? Share your experiences!