“Good Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Was a good stay except for the waitstaff seemed a bit under trained. The bed was a bit uncomfortable but the room was clean and smelled fresh. Found hair in my breakfast but was comped for my troubles. Kitchen staff seemed overwhelmed and my omelet took too long to get.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for your review with Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I want to apologize for the experience you encountered while dining with us. Your feedback has been passed along to our Food and Beverage Manager to ensure the issues are addressed. Our Guests comments are very important to the continuous success of the hotel. We hope that you choose to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to Syracuse. Thank you.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was our first time staying here--we usually stay at Homewood a couple of exits away on the Thruway. The hotel is set in a lovely industrial park complete with pond and geese. The downside of this is that there aren't any restaurants in the immediate vicinity, so should you choose to forego the hotel restaurant (OK, but pricey; $9.95 for breakfast buffet) you have to go a mile or two. Dunkin Donuts is down the road, as are Denny's, Ruby Tuesday and Justin's Grill. The hotel is CLEAN (my first priority) and the desk staff is friendly and helpful (we entered and exited several times on our second visit on the way home and were greeted every time). Beds are comfortable, rooms are spacious, halls are quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for for the wonderful review you posted on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and felt our hotel was clean and our staff was friendly and helpful.

Our Guests comments are very important to the continuous success of our hotel. We hope that you choose to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to Syracuse. Thank you.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed in a Jr. King Suite. Very comfortable for our family of four (with two young children). Free internet and free parking is added bonuses. We also always get the breakfast promotion. Breakfast is cooked-to-order and is excellent, and kids under 12 eat for free. The small fridge and microwave also very useful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for posting such a nice review with Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear you found our hotel comfortable and enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast buffet. Our Guests feedback is very important to us. We hope that you choose to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you back to Syracuse. Thank you.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful King junior suite while visiting family. The room was spacious, VERY clean (and I'm a bit obsessive compulsive about that) and made me feel at ease. The bed was quite comfortable and my 11 year old autistic son told me that the sofa bed was "the most comfy thing I've ever slept on"! The Bed and Breakfast deal for $10 more per night is a bargain! Family of 3 ate a cooked-to-order breakfast every morning for $10 (plus tip). The staff was wonderful and accommodating and this will definitely be our go-to when we visit family again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for posting your review with Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of our Guests comments as we are constantly striving to improve our service. I am glad to hear you were comfortable with your room. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and felt our staff was accomodating. If you are traveling back to our area we would love to have you choose the Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times in the past few months. It is now my go to hotel in the East Syracuse area. Close to everything, but just a little set back making it a quiet respite after a long day of work. The beds are comfortable, the breakfast is awesome, and the hotel staff is super friendly. Each time I walk through the doors the receptionist remembers me and asks about how my time has been since the last visit to the hotel. The hotel gym is great, and is nicer than many hotel gyms. Only negatives would be better lighting in the room and bigger TVs. Even with all the lights on the room just always feels dark. Overall a great hotel, at a much more reasonable rate than many others in the area.

Room Tip: The hot breakfast in the morning is totally worth the $10. Sign up for HHonors and get water upon ar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your review with Trip Advisor. We appreciate our Guests comments as we are always striving to improve our service. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to having you join us on your trips to Syracuse. If I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

While on business in the area, we stayed at this Garden Inn, and it exceeded my expectations. The pool though small is very pleasant and the surrounding corporate park is perfect for a morning walk or run before the day gets started. The staff was quite friendly and the breakfast was nice. And it was very clean, one of my most important criteria when choosing (and revisiting) a place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your review with Trip Advisor. We appreciate our Guests comments as we are always striving to improve our service. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and felt our staff was friendly. We look foward to having you join us on your next visit to Syracuse. Thank you.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our family stayed here over the July 1, 2013 Canadian holiday on a shopping visit. The staff were friendly and helpful and the lobby was clean. The room was clean but a little tired. No extra blankets for the hide-a-bed?? This is a hotel right? We stayed in a whirlpool suite and I don't recommend that you spend the extra money. Also, it is in an industrial park and it is hard to find. It was clean though........

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review with Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of our Guests comments as we are constantly striving to improve our service. I am happy to hear you felt our staff was friendly and our rooms were clean. I apologize for the room not having extra bedding for the hide-a-bed. This has been addressed with our housekeeping department to ensure all the rooms have the blankets. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope if your travel plans bring you back to our area you will once again choose to stay with us. If I can ever be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse? Share your experiences!