“Great Experience”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
NY
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Booked this hotel as a get-away since our home was undergoing some renovation and as a relief from dust and workers. The price was right - $80. and not much more than a Super 8 in the same area. We had a one bedroom suite. It was very clean and comfortable. Checked in was without problem and the desk staff shared a couple of places to get take away. Once in we wanted to not venture out in the subzero weather. The kitchen was stocked with plates and glasses as well as a couple of cans of soda, microwave popcorn, and a trail bar. There is also a small area near check-in where you can buy beverages, frozen dinners, and tinned soup. The kitchen had a full sized fridge and stove and a microwave and small dishwasher.
The king sized bed was very comfortable and the towels thick and plentiful. There is an onsite laundry and fitness center.
The only negative was the breakfast. It wasn't as varied or well stocked as some hotels. Some process French toast, decent sausage, bananas and apples, cereal and plain bagels. It looked like there had been a some danish, but these were gone before we got to breakfast.
All in all, it was a comfortable stay and would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Ottawa
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Having just returned from Italy and staying in high end hotels, this hotel put everything in Europe to shame. It may not have the European flare, but it surpassed everything else. Good job to all.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
New England
Reviewed December 11, 2009

We got a free upgrade because of a small technology glitch with our first room. They took good care of us! I enjoyed the breakfast buffet --quite sufficient and very fresh. Weeknight buffet was decent, too.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Albany, NY
Reviewed December 1, 2009

We got a great rate on this hotel. We were in town for a concert at the Syracuse War Memorial and although the hotel wasn't convenient to downtown, we chose it as we had to leave early the next morning and it was less than a mile to I-90. Also, the hotel shuttle driver offered us a ride to the concert so we didn't have to drive and we took a cab back which was about $20-25. The shuttle ride was a very nice gesture and we appreciated it greatly. The one bedroom and bed were average and clean with a good size single sink and shower/tub combo in bathroom. The shower drained very slow to not at all, so we didn't use it as we were in a hurry and driving right home anyway. It was disappointing though and I mentioned it to the front desk so they could fix it for the next guest, but she made it sound like it was a typical occurance and didn't seem to jump on getting it fixed. The kitchen/living room area was small with a twin pull out (didn't use it) and kitchen with a full stove, fridge and microwave plus utensils, some microwave popcorn and bottled water. Also sold packaged food off the lobby 24/7 which we used after the concert. It was great for two of us and maybe a third person or child, maybe two small children absolute max. More people and it would have been cramped. Great hotel and personalized service and would definitely recommend it. Also, I'm very picky about having a clean and somewhat modern hotel stay. Although they do need to get the shower drainage situation fixed ASAP.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
US
Reviewed November 27, 2009

I just stayed a couple nights at Crest Hill (Nov 2009). I am in the process of relocating to the Syracuse area and am living out of a hotel during the week and driving home during the weekends. I'd spent the previous two weeks at the Marriott Residence Inn a half mile away and was looking for a change: the Marriott, while serviceable, had no drawers for my clothing, it had a generic hotel feel to it, and it was noisy. To my surprise, Crest Hill looked comparable - perhaps nicer - for much less money. Of course the relo package is covering it but I was looking to save my employer some money if possible. The people at the front desk were friendly and welcoming. I was given a room on the first floor extremely close to the lobby/gathering area and I was concerned it would be loud but honestly I did not hear a thing when I was in the suite. There is a full kitchen with a refrigerator & icemaker - there was even a bottle of water and a couple sodas in the fridge. What I especially liked is that the kitchen/living area is a separate room from the bedroom, and there was a king size bed (Marriott only had queen). And - lo and behold - actual drawers! The decor is pleasing and it just seems homier to me than the Marriott. They offer an evening reception with wine, beer, and "lite" dinner. I wasn't into the two entrees while I visited but I am a picky eater; others seemed fine with it. And salad was available both nights. My only complaint was the wine was white zinfandel (and warm). If you're going to serve warm wine, make it red. It would have been nice to have some red and some white. The beer was coors light.

Note there are 2 TVs in a one-bedroom suite - one in the living room and one in the bedroom. And both are digitabl cable - which you generally don't get in hotels. So you've got the handy on-screen menu to tell you what you're watching. Crest Hill has multiple HBO channels and since it's Time Warner Cable, you can hit "start over" for many programs while they are running and go back to the beginning! A really nice touch. Free high speed Internet - both wireless and wired. If you are using wired, bring a network cord or ask for one.

The first morning for breakfast was pancakes, bacon, and hard-boiled eggs. The second morning was egg patties and sausage. They also offer cereal, bread products, etc. The OJ was warm - would have been nice if it was chilled or if there was ice.

All in all, a nice place, good value, and I'm planning to spend the rest of my temporary housing there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Canandaigua, NY
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We could hardly believe how spacious and complete the suite was. We loved how we had separate bathrooms and the bedrooms were on opposite sides of the living room and even though there were 3 of us, we all had our own bed! They were quite lush and comfortable with plenty of pillows. The kitchen area was well stocked. Nice welcoming touches as well. Spacious Living room. Bathrooms nicely appointed and clean. Free internet, 3 TVs!!! The free breakfast was good, with hot options The front desk was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a quiet area yet close to everything. We were visiting LeMoyne college for an open house on the same w/e as parents w/e at Syracuse University, so not much else available for a reasonable price. This was an incredible value for the price and I would highly recommend CrestHill Suites to anyone staying in the (East) Syracuse area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2009

My mom, brother, husband and I stayed in a suite here when we came up for a family get-together in Syracuse. When we came in on Thursday afternoon, my brother picked us up at the airport and told us with glee they offered free dinner at the hotel that evening. We got there and they not only had dinner, they had beer and wine! This was a really great perk for weary travelers who'd been in airports/flying all day. We could hardly believe how spacious and nicely appointed the suite was. We loved how we had separate bathrooms and the bedrooms were on opposite sides of the living room. We could all hang out in the living room with plenty of room. Comfy beds. Nice bathrooms. The place was kept very clean. The free breakfast was good, with a hot choice every day. The front desk was super accommodating and friendly. Free internet. The hotel is close to everything, too. I would recommend CrestHill Suites to anyone staying in the Syracuse area.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Been to CrestHill Suites Syracuse? Share your experiences!