“Great for a short stay, beds were very comfortable”

CrestHill Suites Syracuse
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff were very courteous and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and we liked the extra pillows. The motel was fairly convenient to the tollway. The rooms were also very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BearTrapTC
jstocker, Director of Sales at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hi BearTraper,,,,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your comments with others. We are certainly glad you selected CrestHill Suites to stay with on your recent travels to Central New York... We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel was exactly what my family and I were expecting. The one bedroom suite was large enough for my wife, my newborn and myself. The bed was comfortable the living room as well. It was great to use the kitchen for leftovers and to keep some drinks cold. The breakfest was sufficient, not anything crazy but eggs and meat everyday. As well as bagel, toast yogurt, and fruit. There was also a social hour where they give you a couple free beers as well as some food. I think this only happens during the week but we had sausage one night, pasta another night and the third one was loaded baked potatoes. It was out of this world amazing but it was free and good. Like everyone else that has been here, I agree the staff was amazing. It was smiles and "how are you?" everytime you seem them, they are always willing to help and the service could not be any better. We did not hear anybody when we were staying in the room this place must have been sound proofed. I would stay here again no doubt. My only complaint is that the carpets are tired but I am sure that is next on the fix it list.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

WOW,,,,, Thank you for writing such a complete and wonderful review about your recent stay at the CrestHill Suites... Yes, our rooms are not your typical standard four walls, box hotel room.... Pleanty of space, much larger and more offerings for all guests, basically a great value! The complimentary breakfast, evening food, free Wi-Fi, and free laundry facilities are indeed major bonuses, especially when you look at the price, you know it's NOT build into the room charge.... We hope you got a chance to use the outdoor pool and patio, it stays open till mid to late October and the water temp. is holding at 87 degrees.... Thank you and stop in again in the near future!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

To give you the general jest of things, our pullout couch bed had a bottom sheet but nothing else, the phone cord was broken at both ends, the leather rolling chair had been damaged by a very large person, a single remote had to be shared between two TV's, each in a separate room, and the dishwasher wouldn't open. Also, the room was small and had a strange layout, and the pullout couch was a single bed, as opposed to a double in most hotels. Breakfast was skimpy, with eggs bacon and toast. We will never stay there again and suggest you DON'T. How they won a 2013 Certificate of Excellence is beyond me.

1  Thank Paul R

WOW,,,,, I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel, trust me, that is very unusual.. Usually, I am not at a loss for words, however, I can only say that I do not agree with some of your comments and I do not mean to be confrontational, only factual. Our suites come from a standard industry style set up and design, in fact they are 12% larger than our competitor's suites! Our breakfast, based on many past reviews, has a very wide variety of offerings. We have been one of the top rated hotels in Central New York, winning the Certificate of Excellence Award for four (4) years in a row. The staff has worked extremely hard and deserves these awards, They take great pride in this achievement. Over 200 reviews can not be wrong! I welcome you to come back and give CrestHill Suites another try as I am confident you will change your mind.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The one bedroom suite we stayed was in desperate need of a good thorough cleaning! The plants on the top of the cupboards were "grey" as opposed to green. The switches, bathroom, doors, etc. were in need of a scrub. The upholstery had stains and looked dirty as did the carpet. The entire hotel looked like it was overdue for a major update with fresh paint, furniture, etc. The only good thing about the experience were the friendly front desk staff. I would definitely not recommend this hotel until it is refurbished!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blizzard0955
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your review and taking the time out of your day to write it... It has been an extrememly busy 12 months,,,, the hotel has operated at above 90% occupancy and we finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. We will regroup and get back to a deep cleaning schedule that has lead to our hotel being recognized for it high standards of cleanliness and standards...
I am very sorry for the conditions you encountered during your stay. This is not the norm at CrestHill Suites.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The young lady named Amanda at the front desk was extremely polite and helpful. She was well mannered as well. She gave great suggestions and was beyond kind. Great gal. The rooms were very well equipped, and clean. I will definitely be back

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

WOW,,,,, another heading with Amanda's name in it.... I whole heartedly agree with you, she is a very polite girl who shows her caring spirit towards the guests here at the hotel. She is very new and has made an immediate positive impact of the hotel. Thank you for your positive review. Amanda and the staff here,, hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ok to preface this review. I have stayed at this property twice before and absolutely loved the hotel and staff. Checked in on the 18th of August for a two night stay in a two bedroom suite. (130). Like I said we have been here before and were not worried. We checked into room 130 and we were shocked. I have stayed in flea bag motels in Niagara falls that were better than this. We had been advised on reserving and check in that the motel was full so we didnt complain that night. We put up with the following for the first night

- Table had only three legs. The fourth leg was in the closet.
- Place was horribly dirty. Stains on the couch and couch pillows. Dirt and food on carpet. Room was musty and smelly. Bathrooms had cob webs and spiders on the toilets. Floors in bathroom were horrible.
- Couch was so dirty we couldnt sit on it. There were all sorts of foreign matter on the couch. Dont even ask what was under the cushions. If you touched the couch fabric dust clouds were released.

We had arrived late so we I informed the front desk of my displeasure and was assured it would be cleaned better the next day and that the table would be replaced.

Went on a full day of shopping on the Monday. Came back to the hotel to find a new table but the state of cleanliness of the room had not improved.

We spent a considerable amount of time in the room that night and low and behold the carpets were so filthy that my two daughters white socks were black as if they had been running around the parking lot in their socks. We changed their socks just to make sure and it was definitely the carpet.

On check out the next day I showed the socks to the manager and she was shocked and obviously embarrassed. She did discount our bill and apologize profusely.

I believe the following happened. Room 130 is the handicap access suite and probably does not get rented out very often. Since they were full and rented to us I guess it hadnt been checked.

Staff were friendly but this was the worst stay in a hotel ever. We were so uncomfortable that we tried to find another two bedroom suite in syracuse but they were none available.

I am hoping this is not the future for the Cresthill suites but I dont think I could ever convince my wife to return.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 130
1  Thank Peter F

I am very concerned over your recent review of the hotel. Trust me when I say "very concerned" ,,,this is not typical for our hotel, nor the staff. I have schedule to have ServePro come in and do a complete overhaul and deep cleaning of this room. I was surprised to hear that you encountered a spider or insect of any kind in the room. Our rooms get treated every month by an outside professional company. I have called them to come back in today and reinspect the room and do what is neccessary to ensure there are no outside insects in the room. We are in the midst of replacing furnishing and the couches, tables and chairs are next on the list. We have new double pillow top Sealy beds in all rooms,,,,, new flat screen HD TV's in all rooms, and have renovated all the guestroom bathrooms within the last year. I do thank you for your review as it allows me to address deficiencies in our offerings and make the appropriate corrections and adjustments. We hope you allow us another chance in the future as we are on a plan of continuous improvements, both in services and physical product. Thank you!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Even though we go to Syracuse often (our son lives there) this is the first time we stayed in Cresthill. I was very surprised at what they have/offered and most of all the price ($105.00). We had a suite with a full kitchen fully equipped and they welcome us with water, popcorn and a granola bar, which other hotels just offered coffee/tea. They included breakfast and dinner during the week, which it was a first for me. I never heard of any hotel offering free dinner. I also have to say they were very friendly, especially Leo, who when we wanted to stay another night, left a note on the front desk and when I went the next morning, I was told that everything was taken care of. The only complaint I have is of a male housekeeper that knocked in the morning and I told him that did not need services at the moment, but later, never returned and our room was not made that day. But I don't blame the hotel; when my husband went downstairs and informed the desk clerk, she immediately gave him fresh towels. We used to stay at Embassy or Garden Hill, but from now on is Cresthill for us! I hope they keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review and comments concerning your experience at our hotel recently. I am sorry about the communication error between you and our new houseman. It was his first week on the job so he made a couple of minor mistakes, which all were very correctable. The staff here at CrestHill Suites thanks you for staying with us and we certainly hope to see you again in the near future.