“Ok Stop before vacation destination”

CrestHill Suites Syracuse
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Booked on hotwire, but had to additionally pay more than i paid for the room to upgrade to a 2bedroom when other family decided to go. Was glad to see pack n play in room. that was a request granted. The water leak at air conditioner was frustrating to walk on, lady dusting plants while we ate breakfast near the plant also.
But overall an average place to stay.staff was professional.i would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us... I appreciate the fact that the lady dusting the plants during your breakfast did not sit well with you. I will contact the plant company and make sure this never happens again. I hope everything else went well during your brief stay with us and that you and your family had a wonderful vacation. Once again, thank you for your review!

There are newer reviews for CrestHill Suites Syracuse

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed at this location. Was booked through Hotwire and I was very satisfied!
I had a one bedroom suite. Room was in good conidition and clean.
I arrived at 12:30am and the front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful at such a late hour.
Check in and out was a breeze. Plenty of free parking.
This hotel does accept pets, and my room did have a dog smell within the couch. Room did show some signs of wear (couch) and the fridge had a compressor issue. When it would shut off it made a very loud noise and would wake me up at night. (forgot to mention that to the manager when I checked out).
But overall, I am satisfied, and would stay at this location again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

We would like to "Thank you" for sharing your comments on your experience while visiting the CrestHill Suites in Syracuse. If you have time, could you please call the hotel and ask for me. I need to track down what room you were in so We can address the refrigerator and couch issues. We certainly would love for you to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful gem - our room was spotless, the furnishings were in top shape, the small kitchen in the room included the basic utensils, plates, and cookware, and the free breakfast was actually quite good - included cooked eggs, sausage, french toast, as well as the usual cereals, pastries, yogurt, and hard-boiled eggs. The check-in was quick and painless, and housekeeping was very helpful - when I went back after leaving to look for a missing phone charger, they were extremely helpful. All in all this was a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for such a glowing review! We certainly would love to see you in the future. Once again, Thank you for your business it is truly appreciated!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed one night at the Cresthill. Had understood from the booking site that it was close to the Syracuse Airport and offered shuttle service and free parking, but this did not work out as planned.

Turns out the Motel is nearly 10 miles away and the shuttle only runs from 8-4:30 Mon-Fri, and that there was a parking charge unless one stayed there for one night on each end. A taxi trip to the airport is $25-$30. So...I would not stay here again if the Airport is my destination.

Having said this, the Cresthill is very decent and an excellent value. Very spacious room; good bed; good internet; better than average breakfast; staff very helpful. Really, no complaints at all, other than the transportation issue above.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RexT

We would like to 'Thank you" for your positive review. I am glad to hear that the front desk staff made the simple adjustment to make you and your family comfortable. They are a proud bunch at the front desk,,, and take great pride in what they do and how they can make a positive difference in a families experience. Thank you and be sure to stop in again when your travels take you through Central New York.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My family stay in a studio with two queen beds. Very spacious room. Front Desk people are very friendly. I get this hotel from priceline and originally it's a 1-king bed suite. I have a family of 4 with 2 kids. The front desk has no problem to switch us for a 2-queen beds studio. The studio itself is very large. It has a full kitchen and a small living area. There is a Wal-mart about 3 miles from hotel, so it's no problem to buy food there and cook ourselves.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about CrestHill Suites on this website. I am certainly glad that the staff could accomodate your families needs and offer you a complimentary upgrade! Travelling with young children is hard enough, so hopefully this allowed you time and space to relax. We hope you stay with us on your next trip through the Central New York area. Too bad your big bad Bruins have to play the Rangers in the next round of the Stanley Cup Championship..... Go Rangers!!!!!!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

December 2010. As a Quality Assurance Specialist headed up to Syracuse from Westchester county during one of the most horrific blizzards I have ever encountered. Upon my arrival I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Shad, he was on point with the front desk operations and greeted me warmly. Needless to say that I was no way used to driving in that kind of snow. So, My Hero Shad, offered to drive me to the sites I needed to audit. Got my work done in 3 days vs. 5 days. Kind & compassionate are words that only hint on this young man's great service mindset. Wish they were more like him, thank you Shad.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

I would like to "Thank You" for writing such an outstanding review of one of our key staff members here at the CrestHill Suites. Shad has a long history of superior guest service praises. He honestly cares how your experience is going when here at the hotel, he treats it like you were a guest in his own home. A true asset to the operation. Thank you and we hope you stay with us again should your job require you to travel to stormy Syracuse!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom suite for 2 nights. This is a real suite with a door between the bedroom and the kitchen/living room. Although the hotel is near the highway, the room was quiet. The actual bedroom was separated from the hallway wall by the bathroom, which meant you could not hear hallway noise when you were in the bedroom. The kitchen is a full kitchen, with oven, microwave, full refrigerator. The room is plenty spacious, and I could see someone staying here quite comfortably for a long-term visit. Heck, the room, especially the kitchen, is bigger than most Manhattan 1 bedroom apartments! I liked the little "first night" package with a bottled water, popcorn and granola bar.

The closet is INSIDE the bathroom, with no door of its own, and the bathroom is off the bedroom. This could be awkward if you are using the room for meeting/interviews and people have to go through the room plus see all your stuff to use the bathroom. Also could be a pain if more than one person was booked in the room. Bed was comfortable.

Wireless was good, but the computers in the business center are very old and VERY slow, so if you are wavering about bringing a laptop, bring it.

Breakfast was more than adequate. There was plenty of seating when I was there, but at a busier time, it would probably be tight since the breakfast area seems small for the size of the hotel. This is just me - every hotel does this - but why do they have to leave a TV blaring in the breakfast area/lobby? I just want to eat and read in peace.

The location is very close to the Thruway, but not close to downtown or other amenities, so you will probably want to bring your car. The hotel does have a van, and I saw them give a ride to a guest, but I don't know how far they will take people. There is no place useful that you can walk to without taking your life in your hands. I have been to this part of Syracuse several times, and I just don't get it - there seem to be very, very few restaurants or stores nearby even though the area is filled with hotels, corporate offices, and industry. I was exhausted at the end of my days, so it didn't matter to me, but could be a downer if you are staying for any length of time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your lodging experience on this site. You say what everyone experiences and they don't know why,,, our hotel is extremely quiet because of the way it is constructed. The bedroom is isolated by two walls and two doors from the hallway, so you never hear any hallway noise. This equals a great night sleep on the new doubletop Simmons beds! One thing I have to share with you, there is additional seating for breakfast in the room connected to the breakfast area, we simply open the two french doors to seat another 20 guests. We certainly hope to see you in the near future.
Once again, Thank you!