“Lovely Hotel at a Great Price”

CrestHill Suites Syracuse
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I booked a two night stay at this hotel for a short getaway for my birthday. My first impression of the hotel was very positive. It was the middle of winter but the exterior had a clean and fresh look even when covered in snow. The lobby was bright and clean with tropical plants at the desk. The Concierge Shad was friendly, welcoming and we enjoyed a great chat with him while completing our check-in. The room booked for us turned out to contain one king sized bed. My husband went back to the desk and explained we had requested two beds. He commented to Shad that he had hip and knee injuries due to military duty in Afghanistan and thus had problems sleeping.
Shad immediately upgraded us to a two bedroom suite on the main floor of the hotel at no cost to us. We truly appreciated being on the main floor and the suite was lovely and comfortable. We were very touched by his kindness to us.
Our suite was immaculate, well set up and like all of the rooms contained a full kitchen, We found the beds very comfortable. I observed that the cabinentry in the kitchen and bathrooms was circa 1980s but in pristine condition. The decor was well thought out and restful. We appreciated the extra touches of complementary bottled water and popcorn.
For our first evening, we went to the complimentary social hour at 5PM. We expected snacks and were very impressed with a full Italian buffet. Chef Dave created hot dishes consisting of a sausage and potato dish, pasta with meatballs, and a wonderful chicken florentine. There was also hot cheese bread and salad with choice of dressings. Beer, wine and soft drinks were also complimentary. We enjoyed an excellent dinner and had a nice chat with Dave after the meal.
The complimentary daily breakfast was better than most we have experienced. On both days there were hot choices such as scrambled egg, sausages or bacon and a very tasty French toast casserole. I appreciated the fresh fruit salad and yogurt available on both days of our stay. There was a good selection of breakfast breads, cereals and juices.
The main purpose of our trip was shopping and sightseeing. This hotel is about ten minutes from the Destiny USA Mall and about fifteen minutes to the Great Northern Mall. We also found several major grocery stores within a short distance to the hotel. We plan to return to Cresthill Suites in the summer. The hotel has an outdoor pool and a small but well equipped fitness room.
Overall, Cresthill Suites is a beautifully designed, immaculately clean, and well maintained hotel. The staff are friendly, efficient and go the extra mile for their guests. We have stayed in many hotels all over the world and I would rate Cresthill Suites as one of the best we have experienced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LesBobVan
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

WOW,,,, what a great and complete review. We truly appreciate the positive comments on both the physical property and the staff. It is very refreshing to hear that Shad, as all staff members do, reacted so quickly and positively to your needs. As you can see from past reviews, I have a great team assembled, an award winning team. From the Shad's and David's, and all of our employees, thank you for allowing us the honor of hosting your lodging needs. Thank your husband for all that he does for all of us here at home... hope to see you in the near future, please stop by the front desk next time and introduce yourselves!
Thank you.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Cresthill Suites in Syracuse and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. Although we only stayed overnight, the rooms would be great for a longer stay. The suite consists of a room with a kitchenette with a comfortable sitting area, the bedroom and bathroom. The bed was VERY comfortable - something that both my husband and I noticed and mentioned to each other. Wifi service was great in our room. Parking was close by with several entrances along the parking lot. The breakfast was good - hot choices included french toast, sausage and an omelet. Apparently there is also a light supper served during the week but we were there on a weekend. The staff were very welcoming. I would definitely go back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hello Willie3181,,,,, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel. We invite you, and any of your friends up north, to stop by again and stay with us when you can enjoy the hotel and it offerings for more than one night... We have an awsome shopping center, DestinyUSA, close by. So shopping is a must for many of our Canadian friends. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was traveling with my family across New York, heading to Boston, as Nemo was moving in, we could not make it to Albany, site of another CrestHill Suites. I contacted manager James Stocker, and he changed our reservation and even upgraded our room, at no additional charge. Concierge Leo Courcy was amazing, he had everything ready for us, and even called Albany hotel to make sure we were all set. Extremely thankful during stressful time!!!

Room Tip: We had a room on second floor and it was perfect!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

I am so glad we were able to assist you during your long trip. Thank you so much for sending in your review on CrestHill Suites.
Stop in again on your next journey through Central New York!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Both times thru priceline and the price has been $50.00 plus fees and tax. The rooms have a large fridge and kitchen plus a sitting area. Good size place and clean. This is not high end, but for the money is a great value. Breakfast included and the front desk service was very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Well, get them while you can. As in most hotels, we offer some major discounts to fill empty rooms during the Winter, slow months. However with the busy season starting in a few weeks, one will find that rate hard to find in this area. However, even with the strong season rates coming into effect, our value for what you get at CrestHill Suites,,,, just can't be beat! Thank you for your positive review and we look forwardto many more visit. Thank you and safe travels.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Very very very nice hotel. I stayed in a two-bedroom suite and was surprised at not only the size of the room, but the overall comfort. The pillow-top queen mattresses were a treat after driving up from NYC. The room had a wall-mounted, pivoting flat screen with full cable, a sitting area, and full kitchen with a fridge and dishwasher. Yeah, a dishwasher.

Shad (spelling?) was extremely helpful and friendly when my brother and I checked-in.

• Stayed: September 2012
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Hey Yankee Fan,,,,, You're always welcome here at the CrestHill Suites if you are a die hard Yankee fan..... Thank you for the great review, and I agree, those two bedroom suites are really roomy and confortable. Please visit us again should your travels take you to Central New York. Too bad Swisher isn't returning, oh well,,,,, Go Yankees!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my recent stay at this hotel (1/21). I had never heard of this brand before but was greeted immediately at the front desk and told of the evenings dinner that they were putting out. In addition, the size of the room (I had a suite) beat any standard room at other chains hand down. The following morning they had complimentary breakfast which included baon and pre-made omelets, not that they were gourmet, but better than the cereal and muffins other chains serve. Would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Room sizes were quite large, My son and I had a suite, which is their smallest room and it included...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Rondo,,,,, We appreciate that you took the time to write such a nice review concerning your stay and our hotel. We certainly hope to see you in the near future. We have another sister hotel in Albany NY in case your travels take you there... Once again thank you and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

During my 2 week buisness stay I found the rooms to be plesent and quiet ,Houskeeping very meticulious, Front desk staff freindly (Especially Chad),
Also the hotel provides a FREE breakfast 7 Days A week as well as a Dinner Buffet Mon-Thurs with beer and wine Include..., on thursday I found you get a special treat as Chef David prepares the dinner and the quality of your dining experience is as good as anything I have eaten in fine dining establishments over my 27 years of travel. Cresthill will keep my buisness,, only suggestion make every night a chef David night !!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

I will pass this onto Chef Dave, he takes great pride in his food. Everything he does is preparred from scratch.... Thursday nights "Chef Dave's" have been a booming hit! A must stay just for the food..... Shad is always a major asset at the front desk as he takes great pride in the hotel and the friendly welcome he offers all guests. Thank you....
jim Stocker