“This hotel has earned my future business.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CrestHill Suites Syracuse

CrestHill Suites Syracuse
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
“This hotel has earned my future business.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Very very very nice hotel. I stayed in a two-bedroom suite and was surprised at not only the size of the room, but the overall comfort. The pillow-top queen mattresses were a treat after driving up from NYC. The room had a wall-mounted, pivoting flat screen with full cable, a sitting area, and full kitchen with a fridge and dishwasher. Yeah, a dishwasher.

Shad (spelling?) was extremely helpful and friendly when my brother and I checked-in.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hey Yankee Fan,,,,, You're always welcome here at the CrestHill Suites if you are a die hard Yankee fan..... Thank you for the great review, and I agree, those two bedroom suites are really roomy and confortable. Please visit us again should your travels take you to Central New York. Too bad Swisher isn't returning, oh well,,,,, Go Yankees!
Jim Stocker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Bordentown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my recent stay at this hotel (1/21). I had never heard of this brand before but was greeted immediately at the front desk and told of the evenings dinner that they were putting out. In addition, the size of the room (I had a suite) beat any standard room at other chains hand down. The following morning they had complimentary breakfast which included baon and pre-made omelets, not that they were gourmet, but better than the cereal and muffins other chains serve. Would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Room sizes were quite large, My son and I had a suite, which is their smallest room and it included...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you Rondo,,,,, We appreciate that you took the time to write such a nice review concerning your stay and our hotel. We certainly hope to see you in the near future. We have another sister hotel in Albany NY in case your travels take you there... Once again thank you and we hope to see you again!
Budapest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

During my 2 week buisness stay I found the rooms to be plesent and quiet ,Houskeeping very meticulious, Front desk staff freindly (Especially Chad),
Also the hotel provides a FREE breakfast 7 Days A week as well as a Dinner Buffet Mon-Thurs with beer and wine Include..., on thursday I found you get a special treat as Chef David prepares the dinner and the quality of your dining experience is as good as anything I have eaten in fine dining establishments over my 27 years of travel. Cresthill will keep my buisness,, only suggestion make every night a chef David night !!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I will pass this onto Chef Dave, he takes great pride in his food. Everything he does is preparred from scratch.... Thursday nights "Chef Dave's" have been a booming hit! A must stay just for the food..... Shad is always a major asset at the front desk as he takes great pride in the hotel and the friendly welcome he offers all guests. Thank you....
jim Stocker
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Second time of staying at this Hotel.
Bedrooms are serious amounts of real estate ! I had room with 2 queens, large bathroom, sitting area and full kitchen, 440 square feet I believe. and this was just the studio suite.
Breakfast basic, but included in price, and more than adequate.
Extremely busy time, parking lot was almost full , only 2 spaces left,no spare rooms, but staff still coped extremely well.
Rooms clean and comfortable, generally well kept premises.
Would have no hesitation rebooking.

Room Tip: Canadian travellers - ask for special Canadian rate when booking (It will not be offered unless you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your review regarding the size and cleanliness of the suites. They do seem to be very roomy. Well, we hope to see you for a third time soon. Safe travels!
Charlestown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Clean suite with stove and frig, flat screen tv, king beds and an excellent private room to conduct a meeting or interview. Staff is very helpful. Decent breakfast and a little store of snacks and beer or wine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are proud of the staff and facility here at CrestHill Suites Syracuse. We hope to see you in the near future!
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was our second stay at the Cresthill Suites, the first being for a Black Friday weekend. It is the perfect hotel for a shopping weekend or if you will be in town for multiple nights. The rates are excellent and the service is always warm and helpful - both in person and over the phone.

We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was ample room for 3 people (although one room has 2 queen beds, so it could have accommodated more). The layout is spacious with a full kitchen, each room has its own bathroom, and there is a tv in every room (perfect for vegging out after shopping). The bathrooms were also very clean and the towels were fresh and nicely arranged (funny to say, I know, but true). The toiletries were nice (Gilcrist & Soames) and included a makeup remover wipe (awesome) but would be that much better if there was conditioner.

I don't know why previous reviews have suggested the breakfast is not a large enough selection - crazy! When we were there breakfast was: bagels, danishes, english muffins, toast, cereals, yogurt, fruit salad (fresh and good) , orange & cranberry juices, sausage, eggs, and on the second morning...french toast! Honestly, what else are you looking for? I realize that every now and then they run out of items, but everything was always replenished quickly and they will bring you whatever it is you want. Plus the coffee in the coffee maker is good and screamingly hot.

My only areas for improvement would be this: conditioner in the bathrooms, more dishes in the 2 bedroom suite (and a corkscrew!!), and please look at the heater in room 210 as the controls did not seem to work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
I am so glad you stated within your review that you feel the breakfast is more than adequate, I share your thoughts. There are always two hot items, many different types of bagels, cut fruit, whole fruit, yogurt, breads, waffles, oatmeal, and cold juices. On weekends we have even added a dedicated second server to ensure alI food items are kept well stocked and replentished on a timely basis. I have always thought that this breakfast,, coupled with an excellent room rate,,,, (considering you are receiving a suite) makes for a super value for our guests. I will shared your comments and concerns on the AC/ heat unit in 210. There are two units for this two bedroom suites, each has a separate thermostate on the wall, however, we will check to make sure both are working. Tthank you for your review and we hope to see you in the near future!
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Unfortunately this review has been delayed. It was the weekend of November 9-11 .We arrived late that friday evening after a day at the local mall. In my opinion, this weekend was the busiest weekend before Black Friday.

Upon arrival, my wife checked us in while I began unloading our luggage and she was greeted with fantastic service from a tall gentleman with dark hair. As we checked into our room I noticed an industrial cleaning chemical. After 10 minutes, I found myself inundated with a chemical smell that overpowered the whole room. I immediately walked over to the front desk and asked him to come by and smell the room. He walked into our room and immediately noticed the smell. He looked around and tried to locate the chemical smell. He sprayed the room with some fruit smelling scent which masked the chemical cleaner smell. It did help a little. He noted the issue in the hotels daily log and recommended that the room be looked and cleaned again by the cleaning staff. Thinking that the room needed to air out, I opened the two windows. Thankfully the weather was still above freezing. So my wife and I cranked the heat up and went straight to bed.
The next morning, I consulted with the front desk with my concerns of the chemical smell in the room. Again the front desk was aware of the issue as it was written into the daily log book. I was insured that the room would be cleaned and smell would be taken care of. Before leaving for the day, I left the windows open to help with the smell.
So we were gone the whole day and arrived back again later that evening. I was anticipating to coming 'home' to a clean, chemical free smelling room. I was clearly disappointed. The chemical smell was still there. Again I consulted with the front desk. I was informed that the smell was gone and there was nothing done. The front desk had informed me that every supervisor came into the room and did not notice a chemical smell. I was also informed that the front desk person during the first night had already given us 50% the first night and I would not receive anything else. I appreciated this, except, I still have a smelly room. I immediately asked for another room. Thankfully, they had another room.
To sum things all up:
- The first night, the front desk staff on that night, had noticed the strong chemical smell.
- We were told that our first room would be cleaned and the smell would be gone by the time we arrived back to our room that night. The windows were open all day and night, of course the chemical smell would be masked. The room was not given any priority at all. Nothing to get rid of the chemical smell.
- During the last night, the front desk staff had disclosed that there was a family in our room sometime during the week before, who was cooking heavily with spices and this was an issue with other guests in the hotel. Could it be that the cleaning staff used other chemicals to rid the room of the cooking smell.
- I did request to speak with the manager or someone in management and was told that second night that all the managers were off for the weekend and there was no way to get in touch with any managers of the CrestHill Suites Syracuse.
- We do like the hotel, and the breakfast was more than adequate. Unfortunately the front desk staff the second night were not all that helpful or did they follow thru on their promise to rid our room of the chemical smell.
- The CrestHill Suites Syracuse was recommended by our friends. Maybe we'll try a Holiday Inn Express next time.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the room before accepting it. Deal with the tall dark haired gentleman, who was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank pentjak2012
I am very sorry that you encountered any problem at our hotel. Please rest assured, your room was given top priority, both myself and the Executive Housekeeper, inspected your room the second day. Our suites come complete with full size and fully equiped kitchens.. Many times they do have to be cleaned with a good strong oven cleaner, I think this was the culprit that effected you, However, the alternative would be worse, you would be smelling something that was cooked recently in the microwave and/or oven. We did wash both pieces of equipment again, but with a more deluted solution. I hope you would choose to stay again at the CreastHill Suites when visiting the Syracuse area. We take great pride at our high levels of cleanliness and high guest satisfaction scores. Thank you for your constructive review and understand that all our reviews are used to help us to better service our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
4.5 of 5 stars 489 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Been to CrestHill Suites Syracuse? Share your experiences!