“Only place to stay!”

CrestHill Suites Syracuse
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have stayed at CrestHill Suites, East Syracuse, NY everytime we visited our family. Once it was booked and we were so disappointed we couldn't stay there. It is like your own home once you walk into your Suite. Bed is fabulous...decor fabulous...clean...perfect! Food is wonderful, they keep it replenished....Love the pool too!
The staff is professional and friendly...Leo, Jim and Amy are exceptional! WE LOVE CRESTHILL and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Carol,
Thank you for such a glowing review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.... We are your home away from home! thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at Cresthill Suites this past week, and found it to be a great hotel at a very nice price. They mis-booked my room, so they gave me a free upgrade to a huge suite that was extremely comfortable. It was quite, with a nice bed & bathroom, no problems at all. The complimentary breakfast was more than sufficient, and check-in and check-out were very easy.

Drawbacks to this hotel: the front desk does not tend to answer the phone when you call them from your room, which was quite annoying.

Overall, this was a great place to stay, and I will use it in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Larry,
We are certainly glad you found us and we thank you for your review. I will share your comment with the front desk staff concerning not answering the phone in a timely manner. Please stop in soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed for only one night on Aug. 15 (Wed. night). We have never been so pleased about a place and we do travel a lot. We were greeted by this awesome gentleman named Leo who was very pleased to practice his french with us. Merci Leo!! He made us feel extremely welcomed - it was not a normal hotel welcome - it was a "home" welcome!! To our delight, not only was breakfast included the next morning, but we had a BBQ supper with hamburgers, hotdogs, salad, diet pop, reg. pop, wine and beer. Our breakfast the next morning was awesome with hot items included. What place ever ever included supper with wine and beer!!! We would have thought ourselves at an all inclusive. We were then treated to a one bedroom suite. Must admit, we were saddened we were only staying the one night. Do not remember the rest of the staff names but they were all very accommodating. The only (and I say only) reason we did not give it a five star is because the pool is not heated. We have not stopped talking about this place since we got back. Nous tenons encore une fois à remercier Leo pour son service impeccable!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for a fantastic review about our hotel. It certainly makes a difference when you have a roster of great staff members who welcome every guest like they were their long distant relative coming to visit. Leo is one of the all time best. He honestly looks forward to meeting new people each and every shift. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. One more thing: Our pool is indeed heated, however, the old heater died suddenly and needed to be replace and a new one finally arrived a few days ago but needs to be installed. As it is late in the season, we will install the new heater just in time to close the pool for the season. We will be ready and open for your next visit!
Hope to see you soon.
Jim Stocker and your friend "LEO"

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We used this hotel for room blocks for our wedding guests. This was the best priced hotel for everything they offered.

All of my guests were very happy with the hotel overall, their rooms, and all of the amenities. (Although one person had a hiccup with having to wait an hour to check in). Even she was happily surprised with the size of the rooms though and seemed to enjoy her stay overall.

All rooms include a living room area, large screen TV, and kitchenette (fridge, microwave, dishwasher). You can check out pictures of the rooms on their website.

There was just so much offered:
- Free airport shuttle (to/from) with 1 week notice. Would probably pick up at the bus station too.
- Complementary hot breakfast buffet every day from 6am-9am weekdays and 7am-10am weekends
- Complementary dinner Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm-7pm
- Outdoor pool (open sunrise to sunset)
- Business center with free printing
- Outside table area with BBQ available for use
- Newly renovated room for private reservation for guests at the hotel
- 24-hour gym
- Complementary wireless internet
- Cable TV
- Laundry room for an additional fee
- Pet friendly (they must be crated when you are not in the room) for an additional fee

The employees were really great at getting back to emails and phone calls while I was coordinating the room bookings. I started communication with a woman named Carol, and then I guess she left and then was working with Amanda.

While staying there all of the workers were very friendly. Offering free dinner during the week... UNHEARD OF! One guest said the free dinner they had was good.

I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. It was SO spacious! When you walked in, you are by the kitchen area. It was a big open area that led to the living room straight ahead. This area had it's own AC area, large screen TV, couch, and coffee table. Between the kitchen area and living room was a eating counter. The bedroom was in a separate room. There was a king size bed in there, separate AC than the living room, and the bathroom was attached to the bedroom.

The bed and the couch were very comfy. The bathroom was pretty spacious and clean. The suite in general was very clean. It really felt like a home away from home, which I know is their goal.

I only wish there were more of these hotels around! I believe they only have 2 locations - Albany and Syracuse.

Not to end on a bad note, but the only reasons I gave a 4 out of 5 is mainly for two reasons. One reason is that the gym is very tiny. I didn't use it personally, but a wedding guest commented that there were only 2 or 3 machines and I guess one was broken. On a side note, the pool did seem a little small compared to other hotels as well. And since it's outside it can't be used most of the year in Syracuse. I don't believe it's heated or anything. I didn't get a chance to use it though, or notice if it got packed or not.

The main reason this hotel did not get 5 stars is because it didn't feel like a luxury hotel. The style of it overall felt a little outdated. It was more of a budget hotel, but a high end budget hotel (if that makes any sense). It certainly wasn't the ritziest hotel around, but it was clean and a great value. Which when it comes down to it, is more important to me than a high end place that doesn't have good service or is over-priced.

I would definitely suggest the hotel for families particularly. Or just anyone who loves a good bargain. I know I love a good bargain, and this is a great one! I honestly don't think any other hotel in this area is anywhere near the great service/amenities/room size for this price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We certainly "thank you" for taking the time to write such a review. It was a very complete review and will help others who read it know what the hotel is all about. We also want to thank you for allowing us to host your wedding guests, we hope all enjoyed their stay and had a great time at the wedding. We are in the middle of some upgrades to our hotel to keep it modern in style. Some of the new sofas and chairs are due to arrive shortly. All our kitchen utensils and cooking pans have arrived and are being placed in the rooms this upconming week. Our pool heater finally arrived and we are ready to start installing it over the next few weeks, just in time to close the pool in a few weeks. Once again, we appreciate you allowing us to host your friends and family during your important family wedding. Good luck and many years of happiness to the newly weds!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

From the check-in with Debra( who is outstanding). to the fantastic suite. Super clean, great size one bedroom with all the anemities. You are even left bottled water in the fridge(comlimentary), granola bar, the usual coffee and tea and a snack of Orville Reddenbocker microwave popcorn.

THis hotel also has a hot and cold breakfast in the morning.

The staff is what makes this hotel that much better. You can tell that they all like what they do and where they work.

Keep up the great work.

We will be back on our next trip to Syracuse. Can't wait.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you for your positive review, I could not agree more with you, I do have an awsome staff. It is because of them all our guests feel right at home. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Shad is the bomb! I loved walking in the front door on a dark, rainy night with my wife and kids in tow and having this big bear of a guy greet me by name! Never stayed here before but he knew who were were right away and even better, he made me look like a hero to my family as he upgraded us to a two bedroom suite. Made me feel like I was coming home.

We take a road trip every year and always stay at Homewood Suites or high end funky motels...that is going to change. Anytime we are anywhere near Syracuse from now on, Cresthill Suites will be our home base.

Great hot breakfast, lovely heated outdoor pool and the rooms are huge, I mean huge!!

The hotel is very well located to everything we wanted to do, it is not out of the way at all.

I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank freezingmybuttoff

Thank you so much for such a positive review. Baby Bear also "thanks" you! We are certainly glad your experience with us was a positive one for your family. Please pass the CrestHill Suites word amongst all your Canadian friends, they are always welcomed here. Thank you once again for the positive words and we hope to see you in the near future.
Shad/ Baby Bear

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Arriving here at 6:30pm after a long day travelling we were delighted to arrive at this tasteful and welcoming hotel. Registration took only a few minutes and we were then offered a complimentary buffet supper with unlimited wine, beer or soft drinks. The buffet, sometimes a barbeque, is served weekeday evenings (between 4pm and 7pm). After eating our fill we sat around the pool and enjoyed the evening air until we retired to our beautiful suite.
It was a standard suite but furnished to a very high quality. With a wonderful living room and sumptuous bedroom we felt immediately at home. The kitchen had everything we needed with a huge fridge/freezer, ice maker, cooker etc. After a sound nights rest we tucked into our complimentary breakfast and then checked out, sad to leave.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahnJ0hn

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write about your recent stay at the CrestHill Suites. This information is very helpful to all who read it and to us at the hotel, it help us evaluate our levels of services we offer to our guests. Thank you and safe travels to you and your family!