“Very Nice.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Bloomingburg, NY
“Very Nice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2007

My family and I were in town for a Homeschool Convention.
When we checking into our room it was nice and clean and somewhat fancy. When I tried to turn on the air conditioner it never worked. I called the front desk and immediatly they came up and verified it didnt work. He gave us a new room on the spot and a voucher for free buffet breakfast for my whole family. The room was nice and cool and everything else was great.

• Liked — Value, cleanliness, hospitality.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joeyjcc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Queens, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2006

I have stayed at the Wyndham several times when traveling for business purposes in Syracuse. Previous experiences have been pretty nice, but my last trip was really bad. The hotel was very noisy, my room service took over an hour to arrive, checkout took forever, my phone didnt work when I got in my room. I usually have a very nice stay, but this was not one of those times.

To their credit - I did fill out an online evaluatioin they sent me about a week or two later, and was quite frank about my concerns. About one week later, I received a letter from the management acknowledging my concerns, along with a very nice gratuity, asking that I give them another try. I will, again because I found tghe hotel suited my just fine for travel purposes. Lets hope this last experience was not a signal of a decline!

• Liked — convinient access to the thruway, pool/gym, easy parking
  • Disliked — meetings=noise
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Queensnative
Hickory, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2006

Stayed here for 7 nights last week in September. I found the room
good, staff helpful.
Towels were a little worn, and the matteress had seen better days but room was overall good!
Problems we had were the ridiculous INTERNET charges $10.99
per night, one night or 7 its still the same!!
Next the restaurant and the bar were very overpriced!!! Forget
room service very expensive!!
A lot of renovation in progress.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Internet charges,poor mattress,over priced bar and resturant
  • Tips/Secrets — do not stay here if you have to use internet
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gingerl1
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2006

First off, if you are going to stay at this hotel join the Wyndham by Request before your stay. (Free and Easy) We checked in this past Tuesday and the proccess took about 2 minutes. The staff was very helpful and provided maps as well as dining options that are local. We went to our room which was a first floor room with a slider door that went right to the outdoor pool. When we got to our room because we had done the Wyndham by request there was 2 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of water, and some cheese and crackers for us to enjoy. The outdoor pool was heated and the indoor pool was a little on the cold side (but refreshing). We had a flight at 6 am and the hotel was able to drive us to the airport at 4 am even though there shuttle does not start until 6 am. They went out of there way to help us. The dining in the hotel was a little on the expensive side but they have a bar area that offers pizzas and such that is pretty reasonable. I definately recommend that you give it at try.

• Tips/Secrets — Join the Wyndham by Request before your trip to enjoy free welcome drinks/snack
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank adak429
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2006

Checking in was not easy, the desk clerk was not helpful, happy or accomodating. The hotel was practically empty and I don't think it would have hurt to smile at your only check-in of the day. The pool is nice only 4 1/2 deep and jacuzzi and sauna are clean and in working order. The carpets in the room are new in 2006 but the hotel IS old. The bar/restaurant is open in the lobby but extremely pricey. The staff is downright uncomfortable to be
around. So if you don't get a deal (under 100.00) don't go here.

hint-hotwire currently has this property as a 3 1/2 star $58.00 deal

• Stayed March 2006
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Framingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2005

Room was ok.

Turns out highspeed internet that they advertise cost $10. Unless you are a member of their hotel chain club. If you join on the spot, it still doesn't help till your next stay.

restaurant on site. Food was ok. Breakfast not included.

3 Thank Joanel
Leicester, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2005

After a particularly bad experience a the Doubletree Inn in the same vicinity on our way to Canada we stayed at the Wyndham Syracuse for 2 days on our way back. What a difference! We a great room on the ground floor right off the outdoor pool which the kids loved. It was 90 and it came in very handy. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The manager even sent us a basket of fruit and cookies for the kids. We had a family event to attend but I was happy to stay at the hotel. I would definately recommend this hotel. My husband stays here on business and it is one of his favorite hotels.

Stayed June 2005
#2 of 19 in East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!