“Nice Property”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Warren, MI
“Nice Property”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

While not perfect this Doubletree did offer a nice stay for the evening.

Check in was fast and friendly. The Doubletree cookie was delicious like always.

Getting to your room involves a fairly long walk past the common areas, conference rooms and workout area. The lobby and public areas were well maintained and clean. The carpeting in the long hallways leading to the room was rather old and faded and probably should be replaced.

The elevator was clean with polished wood finish. Some of the carpeting in the hallways leading to my room was stained and exit doors were scraped and dented in places.

The room was very nice. The bed was comfortable with great high quality sheets. The carpeting in the room was updated and tasteful. There was also a nice flat screen television that did get actual HD programming. The bathroom was updated and nice although quite small.

I did not use the restaurant, pool or high speed internet (which i believe was $10 per day) so i cannot comment on those features.

A nice night at a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
doug_snavely, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Dear Michtraveler1969;
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree Syracuse. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in providing caring service in a clean and comfortable surrounding for our guests. I am happy to report that we are in the final design stages to improve the main hallway carpets you mentioned later this year. We hope to see you back again soon!
Sincerely, Doug Snavely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 27, 2010

So we were traveling through Syracuse and needed a hotel room. We used Priceline and got *very* lucky to win this hotel for a rather steep discount from rack rates. The hotel was super clean, modern, well appointed rooms with up-to-date fixtures, and friendly staff.

While others have mentioned there isn't a lot of dining options nearby, the downtown area isn't too far away via car. There are some fast-food options down the street as well. Again, this isn't New York City, so you will have to have a car to get around.

The hotel has ample free parking available.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
doug_snavely, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Dear Guest,
I was delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Doubletree Syracuse. It was nice to hear your comments concerning the cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the team as we work diligently toward that goal for our guests. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Sincerely, Doug Snavely
Ottawa
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We have stayed at this Double Tree twice before and are planning another visit to the area to go to the waterloo outlet mall again and visit the new L.L Bean Outlet in Fayetteville (close by). We were really impressed by the restaurant staff who were amazing!! My parents came along with us and my mom has Celiac disease ( food allergy to gluten, wheat, barley etc.) and ALWAYS has a difficult time eating at restaurants unless it is a fine dining restaurant where the Chef can be extremely accomodating!! As it turns out the chef was amazing at this hotel restaurant AND the middle aged waitress we had was FANTASTIC and so accomodating and understanding of my mom`s needs, in fact the waitress herself has celiac disease and she really bent over backwards every time we went to the restaurant that weekend and made our stay so wonderful. It is extremely difficult when you are plagued with a food allergy and we are so grateful for the staff at the restaurant! We are going back this weekend and are HOPING that great waitress will be there to serve us!!

We had adjoining rooms and they were very well appointed!! But we did travel in early April ( 2-4) and it was over 80 degress both days that wekeend. Needless to say, we were very hot and uncomfortable in our hotel rooms as the AC had not yet been turned on. We understand bc it was uncharacteristically warm...but with two babies under 2 it was a bit tricky. Hopefully next year they will turn it on earlier if the weather gets hot early in the season. The only other thing is that there were not Refrigerators in the rooms, so we had to rent one from the front desk ( yes RENT one) for the night for our baby bottles and snacks.

The pools are amazing though!!! There is both an indoor and an outdoor pool and they are great!!!!!! We can`t wait to get there and swim tomorrow!!! Plus the cookies are DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank teacher_adventurer1
doug_snavely, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Dear Guest,
I have read your review and was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Syracuse. Our team strives to exceed all of our guests expectations by providing quality service in a clean environment, while empowering our staff to ensure guest satisfaction.

I appreciate your feedback and agree that your restaurant server Kim is outstanding as we have shared many stories too, since I also have a daughter with Celiac disease. I will share your comments on this service with Kim and the Chef. I am delighted that they took such good care of you and that you also enjoyed the pools. I apologize for the April HVAC experience and the policy that we charge for our refrigerators. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to serving you again in Syracuse.

Sincerely, Doug Snavely GM
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Second stay at the Doubletree Syracuse. Very nice property located just off Interstate 90. In my previous stay, I noticed that the furniture in the rooms was pretty old and It seems like the furniture was upgraded this time. Great size rooms and very clean. Service was super like the first time. Choice of indoor or outdoor pool. Overall, this is one great Doubletree. We will go there again if in Syracuse.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
doug_snavely, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Dear Guest,
Good to have you back and I was delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Doubletree Syracuse. I am glad you noticed our new furnishings, which were upgraded in 2009 and it was nice to hear your comments concerning the cleanliness and service experienced as the team here works diligently toward these goals for our guests. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Jackson, TN
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I have time to write this review because I can't sleep in a room that's 77F. Yesterday and today are unseasonably warm days in April - beautiful 80F sunny days. The problem is that despite the warm weather, the hotel has a policy not to turn on the air conditioning before May. They also apparently have a policy of not telling you that until you call at 5am because you're sweating like you're sleeping in a cut-rate dump in Manila.

Of course, I can open the sliding glass door and get slightly cooler air from outside, but that comes with lots of early morning sunlight. Thanks, but it's Saturday and I'd like to sleep in until 7:30.

Perhaps it's not unusual in this area for hotels not to have AC before May (I'm not a traveler, not a local, which is why I'm in a hotel). However, I arrived here from Canada and the hotel I stayed in there did have the AC turned on. I suspect that if I'd stayed at a local Motel 6, I'd have had my own little AC unit that I could have run all night. For 3 times the price, I should be able to have similar amenities at a Doubletree.

I recommend you call and ask them ahead of time. If the hotel management is not willing to crank up the building AC for warm weather, then you may want to check into the Motel 6 instead. I wish that I had.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank meegan_and_steven
doug_snavely, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Doubletree Syracuse. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the uncomfortable experience you had during your stay last week. You are corrrect that our HVAC two pipe system will only provide heat or AC and in Syracuse this transition typically occurs in May due to the seasonality. We were aware of the forecasted unseasonably warm weather and proactively turned on the AC on April 1st for the weekend. Unfortunately, we failed to communicate with you and within our hotel organization's overnight shift to service you effectively as there most have been further room specific problems. I am simply embarrassed by your experience as it is does not align with our hotel’s mission statement, which is focused on guest service. I offer no excuses only assurances that we take our guest feedback seriously and that we will address the necessary issues to ensure an experience such as yours is not repeated.

Although it is never pleasant to receive feedback such as this, I do appreciate your taking the time to let us know so that we can improve our guest experience. Please feel free to contact me personally @ 315-432-0200 so that I can ensure your satisfaction.

Seattle
Reviewed April 2, 2010

This hotel is what you'd expect from a DoubleTree: Comfortable bed, clean room with decent amenities (e.g., 40" flatscreen TV), and good service. The room was expensive for what I got -- but in fairness to the hotel, it was the Sweet 16 weekend in Syracuse, so there was a high demand for hotels, and the price that I paid might've been higher than normal.

The location of the hotel isn't great. It's in the middle of nowhere, and it isn't within walking distance of anything. Because of the location, in a vacuum, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend. Rather, I'd recommend that a friend first look for a hotel in town.

• Stayed March 2010
doug_snavely, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, April 5, 2010
Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to express my gratitude for the comments concerning your stay at the Doubletree Syracuse. Especially those highlighting the comfortable beds, room cleanliness, decent amenities and good service. We take great pride in our reputation of providing quality service in a clean environment, while empowering our staff members to take all possible steps to ensure guest satisfaction.

You are correct that our rates for the Sweet 16 were our highest published rates due to the significant demand in the market during this event and are not our typically offered rates. I also apologize that our location was not more convenient for you, since we are located 7 miles from downtown in a suburbon location convenient to the NYS Thruway and the Rt. 481 bypass yet only a 10 minute drive to the University and downtown.

Again, I appreciate that you chose to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2010

A typical 3 star hotel in a convenient location for shopping etc

However because we booked through Priceline.com we were placed in Smoking rooms
(by policy) yes with young children and an asthma sufferer, no amount of "discussion" with the hotel could change this.

Really spoiled the whole hotel experience, so beware.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank martinpCanada
doug_snavely, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
Dear Guest,

We appreciate feedback from our guests and are continually looking for ways to improve our comfort, service, and value to our customers. I apologize that you did not receive a non smoking room as desired due to booking through a 3rd party website that only requests room types. We always attempt to meet requests for room types regardless of the booking channel, however during peak occupancy times it becomes difficult to meet all guaranteed and requested room types. I certainly understand the inconvenience this may have caused you and sincerely apologize.

Once again, I am grateful for your comments as it helps us progress towards our goals of providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We look forward to serving you again sometime in the near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!