“Adequate hotel, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Newton, Massachusetts
“Adequate hotel, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

Stayed on the way to Niagra. Good locaion - easy to get to right off of the highway. Room was clean and quiet. Major chain restaurants and stores within 10 mins (helpful as we were traveling with small children). Pool and pool area looked reasonably nice (it rained, we didn't use it).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
doug_snavely, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, August 14, 2009
Dear Guest,

I read your review and was delighted to hear that you chose the Doubletree Syracuse as you traveled to Niagra Falls, since we are so conveniently located off the New York State Thruway. We do have both an indoor and outdoor pool for your enjoyment "rain or shine" during your next visit to Syracuse. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Sincerely, Doug Snavely GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

Nothing great here. Hotel is at or below average in EVERYTHING. I cannot think of one thing that they did better than another place. Quite disappointed

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
doug_snavely, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, May 11, 2009
Dear Guest,
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Doubletree Syracuse. We take all comments seriously and value the feedback received. I apologize you stay was "so average" and assure we work hard to provide the best in service and accomendations focused toward a WOW experience. I assure you that your comments will be shared with my team as we continually strive to improve upon our service at the hotel. Again thank you for your comments and I hope we can provide a more memorable experience in the future.
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

Our stay was just ok. Third stay at this hotel in past 10 months. There are renovations taking place. Our room was not one of them. Carpeting is stained with something red. My wife killed a silverfish bug in bathroom during the night. Had to hold the handle down on the toilet to flush completely. It was noisy. At 0100 hrs. people were cursing in the halls. The outside garbage can at the side door was overflowing.
I'm sorry to be negative, but we were not happy with this stay and don't know if we will stay there again. There are plenty of other hotels in the area of this one and we have stayed at several in the past. Our prior stays at Doubletree were much better than this one. Good luck.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jimc107
doug_snavely, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, April 28, 2009
Dear Guest,
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Doubletree Syracuse. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate the time you took to provide us with this feedback. I sincerely apologize for the condition of the rooms and am happy to report that as of the end of April we have in fact completed the guest room furniture and bathroom surrounds renovation for the hotel and have been getting excellent feedback. I also apologize for the inconvenience experienced due to excessive noise from others and the over flowing trash at the side door. I assure you again that we work hard as a team to continuously improve upon our product and services and thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We look forward to having you return to the hotel to experience the level of services you had during previous stays.
Warnerville NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2009

This week I am doing a show at the beautiful Greystone in Canastota NY. Canastota not being much more than a spit-and-a-half in size, I opted to stay 15 miles away in East Syracuse. Priceline chose the Doubletree Inn, again subject to some mixed reviews, so I was pleased to be able to make my own decisions and share them with other Trip-sters.

The Doubletree is very easy to get to, as it is part of the conglomerate of hotels around what is known as Carrier Circle (for the air conditioning manufacturer situated there). The Doubletree is a classic high rise hotel, with a warm golden reception area and an attentive front desk staff that matches the warmth. The requisite Doubletree cookie was offered, but I waved it away with a polite thanks – calories being calories, I’d rather spend them on dinner.

The room, a king nonsmoking, followed the color scheme in greens and golds. Contrary to what some others have experienced, the smell that greeted me was not residual smoke, but fresh paint – a definite clue that upkeep is important to the hotel. The furniture was serviceable, if without much personality, and the bed comfortable with a selection of pillows. (I’m fussy, and bring my own everywhere except Sheraton Four Points and the Hilton groups, who always have soft feather ones rather than foam bricks.) The bathroom, as noted by others, is small, but certainly plenty for one person – and truth to tell, if I had a choice of where to put my room space, I’d rather have it out where I relax.

Like other Hilton group hotels, this one charges for Internet access, to the daily tune of $13 when taxes and such are added on. There is a business center downstairs if one is adamant about not paying extra, but I need my computer on basically wake to sleep, requiring it to be on hand for business.

They have small cup brewers (Wolfgang Puck) for coffee and decaf in the room. My first cup proved problematic as the provided cream was sour and curdled in the cup. One call to the front desk brought fresh cream and more coffee pods (decaf as requested) within three minutes – with a follow up call ten minutes later to ensure everything had been handled. Now THAT’S service.

I collapsed in bed early that night, in order to get up early and use the fitness room. Delightful bed, enough pillows, and a room that gets dark enough for me to get a good night's sleep (a rarity these days, between Fire Alarm signs and light through the door).

Dragging myself to the fitness room at six thirty in the morning, I found it deserted. I chose one of the Big and Complicated treadmills that have televisions, but was disappointed to find no clue as to how to plug in earphones. I settled for my IPod to keep me going instead.

In sum, the problems with this hotel are so small and inconsequential, and the service so exemplary, that it rates as a five star, and one I’d return to happily on my next venture to Syracuse.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
doug_snavely, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, April 19, 2009
Dear Traveling Psychic,
I have read your review and appreciate first that you chose the Doubletree Syracuse and second that it was enjoyable and met your expectations. We hope to see you again on your next stay to Syracuse.
Lookout Mountain, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2009

I had to wait 15 min in line to cheek in and saw the 3 men in front of me receiving their "Double Tree chocolate chip cookie. My registration was no different than theirs except I was not offered a chocolate chip cookie. Now I didn't say anything because I'm dieting, but at least it should have been offered. Makes me think the registration young lady was more interested in the men than treating all as equal.
When I got to my "non smoking" room the smell of cigarette smoke was over powering. I called the operator from my room, told her the problem, and was transferred to the front desk and promptly put on hold for 5 minutes. So gathered my suit case and back down to the front desk. This time I had to wait in line longer than before while 4 people in front of me registered. The front desk young lady readily accommodated me, but told me I should have called the front desk (duh!). The problem was there was only one front office/registration person in the evening when it was busy enough for 3.
The conference room was very nice, but there was a great deal of noise coming from the back (behind the speaker--me). Sounded like a very busy kitchen area. Several attendees commented about the noise on their evals.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Valencia, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2008

We got a great rate at the East Syracuse Doubletree on Priceline for 12/23-12/27 while in the area visiting family. Since it was Christmas week they weren't very busy. At check-in we were asked if we wanted two doubles or a king bed room. The room was pretty standard, with very comfortable beds, lots of pillows, reasonably good lighting and Neutrogena toiletries in the bath (which were replenished daily). Everything worked fine, lots of hot water and good pressure in the shower. We didn't use the pool or exercise room but saw some parents with small children using the pool. All of the employees we came in contact with were very pleasant, from front desk personnel to maids to servers in the dining room. It was a very pleasant experience.

• Liked — Comfortable room, location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2008

The staff provided superb service and the room service food was excellent. This will be my destination for future business trips to Syracuse.

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
#2 of 19 in East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!